ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

15 minutes ago, Joseph Barrios said:

Hello. If anyone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated. I was called in for the pre screening at Livingston St for exam#7604 for T/O. I completed the 1st day of the pre screening/Drug testing on November 14th. If I remember correctly the staff informed us that we should be receiving an email or voicemail  48-72 hours after the drug testing. I have been checking my emails both inbox and spam as well as checking my voicemails consistently and I have yet to receive any notice from them. I am worried that they may have attempted to contact me and I just did not see it. Can anyone please give me some advice on what I should do in order to see if they have attempted to contact me and I just missed it or deleted an email by accident? Does it pay to contact Livingston st or does anyone have any other advice on what I should do? I know for a fact that i have passed the drug test so I am just worried that I missed their attempt to contact me. Thank you guys and i hope someone has an answer or advice that will help me out sooooo much!!! 

They haven’t gotten to you yet. I went on the 8th and I haven’t heard anything. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for that. The reason as to why I am a little worried is because the staff stated that the people who are going in for the pre screening for T/O on 11/14/18 if they pass all 3 pre screening sessions will be in the next upcoming class that starts on December 17th, 2018. So do you think I should be worried at this point in time that they have not contacted me? I apologize for seeming stressed I'm just lost and dont know what to do or how to proceed from this point. Anything helps guys and gals.

17 minutes ago, Joseph Barrios said:

Thank you for that. The reason as to why I am a little worried is because the staff stated that the people who are going in for the pre screening for T/O on 11/14/18 if they pass all 3 pre screening sessions will be in the next upcoming class that starts on December 17th, 2018. So do you think I should be worried at this point in time that they have not contacted me? I apologize for seeming stressed I'm just lost and dont know what to do or how to proceed from this point. Anything helps guys and gals.

No, you shouldn’t be worried. Relax lol, and keep checking this forum so you can get an idea of where they’re up to in terms of calling people in for medical. Most people usually post when they receive the medical email along with their pre employment date and their list number. 

@Djx thank you for trying to put my mind at ease. I really appreciate it. The only reason as to why I am worried is because they stated that they are trying to get all of the successful candidates in this upcoming "schoolcar" I think it's called for this upcoming December 17th which isn't that far away. They informed us of this on the day of the drug screening so they must know that candidates have to be cleared and completed with all 3 pre screening days prior to the 1st day of car school which is on the day I mentioned before. Is there anyone else who took exam#7604 for T/O and completed the drug screening on 11/14/18 who has been contacted by the MTA as of now? I'm just curious. Sorry for the 21 questions guys I just need to put my mind at ease ya know? I'm already stressed out with life ATM and am trying not to stress myself further lol but I'm sure you all see how well that's working haha.

1 hour ago, Joseph Barrios said:

@Djx thank you for trying to put my mind at ease. I really appreciate it. The only reason as to why I am worried is because they stated that they are trying to get all of the successful candidates in this upcoming "schoolcar" I think it's called for this upcoming December 17th which isn't that far away. They informed us of this on the day of the drug screening so they must know that candidates have to be cleared and completed with all 3 pre screening days prior to the 1st day of car school which is on the day I mentioned before. Is there anyone else who took exam#7604 for T/O and completed the drug screening on 11/14/18 who has been contacted by the MTA as of now? I'm just curious. Sorry for the 21 questions guys I just need to put my mind at ease ya know? I'm already stressed out with life ATM and am trying not to stress myself further lol but I'm sure you all see how well that's working haha.

They definitely didnt contact you yet if people who went for P/E in September didn’t get contacted yet! They have your email address you put down, the email normally comes 3-90 days doubt they told you 48-72 hours! Don’t get yourself worked up, keep track of the post on here to see what number they are up to, average induction classes have been 70, so you have an idea which class you might be in! Good luck and sit tight they’ll get to you before you know it!

Good evening everyone, just a quick question when listing all traffic violations how far back do you gotta go? I only had one my whole life and it was back in 2012, do they give a limit of how many years back you need to go? Or do they ask for every violation you ever had since you been driving? Thanks for any feedback.

3 hours ago, Joseph Barrios said:

You won’t be getting called for December or January class because they’re still in the process of calling in people in the 600’s for their medical exams. People who did their 3rd PE and drug test on 11/6/18 are still waiting on their call lol. Sorry if you got excited, but it’s better to have a realistic expectation of when they’ll get to you. They should be up to the 630’s or so.

Edited by Jay-Oh

8 hours ago, DrummaConducta said:

I have preemployment on the 26th of this month. Among the required documents to bring is high school diploma. I reached out to my old high school to receive an official copy of my diploma as I lost the original. If I dont receive it by my preemployment date, will it be a problem? What can I do?

Do you have a degree? When I went, not everyone had a high school diploma. He took the degree if that’s what they brought. To go to college you obviously need a high school diploma or ged. I was surprised he accepted the degree. 

11 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

Good evening everyone, just a quick question when listing all traffic violations how far back do you gotta go? I only had one my whole life and it was back in 2012, do they give a limit of how many years back you need to go? Or do they ask for every violation you ever had since you been driving? Thanks for any feedback.

Report all violations, if it has your name on it, report it. Make sure you get a proof that the case is closed/paid. 

I spoke with someone at 180 livingston regarding my P/E earlier this month. I hadnt heard anything back and was never invited back for a medical despite my high list number. She told me that a letter had been sent out in the mail and i should receive it in 1-2 weeks. 1 thing that concerns me is that from what ive seen based on this forum, most of you who get called seem to have received an email and not a snail mail letter. this leads me to believe that i have NOT been accepted for a december 17th class and that the letter is probably bad news. also the timing doesnt seem to line up since i havent even gone for a medical yet or heard anything since my P/E. i have a feeling i have been reviewed and not considered for this position. does anyone have any comments? does this seem like the normal process for a person who is being considered? it all seems very odd to me and i fear the worst.

6 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

I spoke with someone at 180 livingston regarding my P/E earlier this month. I hadnt heard anything back and was never invited back for a medical despite my high list number. She told me that a letter had been sent out in the mail and i should receive it in 1-2 weeks. 1 thing that concerns me is that from what ive seen based on this forum, most of you who get called seem to have received an email and not a snail mail letter. this leads me to believe that i have NOT been accepted for a december 17th class and that the letter is probably bad news. also the timing doesnt seem to line up since i havent even gone for a medical yet or heard anything since my P/E. i have a feeling i have been reviewed and not considered for this position. does anyone have any comments? does this seem like the normal process for a person who is being considered? it all seems very odd to me and i fear the worst.

When did you go for PE?

1 minute ago, Djx said:

That’s really weird because it seems like all the others who went early November (1-6) have been contacted via email/phone for medical. 

Sorry I can’t provide any insight. 

Yea thats why i am fearing that i may have been DQed for this position. and i have never failed a drug test in my life nor do i take any drugs, so it cant be that either. its very strange

1 hour ago, LEO1990 said:

Yea thats why i am fearing that i may have been DQed for this position. and i have never failed a drug test in my life nor do i take any drugs, so it cant be that either. its very strange

Have you had issues at any other city/transit/transportation jobs?

19 minutes ago, njbk said:

Have you had issues at any other city/transit/transportation jobs?

yes I have, over 6 years ago, but that would be strange because i know of several people who have been terminated from city jobs in the past who are currently employed with the mta. they were terminated for much worse reasons than i was such as DUI, drugs, etc. you would think hiring a person that was previously terminated from a city job for a DUI would be much worse... but if thats the reason then i guess there is nothing i can do about it but move on.

1 hour ago, LEO1990 said:

yes I have, over 6 years ago, but that would be strange because i know of several people who have been terminated from city jobs in the past who are currently employed with the mta. they were terminated for much worse reasons than i was such as DUI, drugs, etc. you would think hiring a person that was previously terminated from a city job for a DUI would be much worse... but if thats the reason then i guess there is nothing i can do about it but move on.

When I was going for the bus operator position last month, after doing P/E, I was told by Ms. Chestnut (who hires for buses) that I would be getting a letter in the mail for rejection for the opening. A day or so later, she called me again to come in for the medical! Peeps at 180 don't seem to have a clue of what's going on. Just keep calling and see what's up/ Don't quit that easily, bro! I sure didn't.

27 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Got sworn in today for December 17th class! List #59x any one currently in school car can tell me specifics to study in this huge rule book? I have almost a month to get in some serious studying

Congrats what was your initial p/e date? Or were you one of the ones that took multiple p/e's?

Edited by Nexdup