ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, TO legacy said:

Hired as a TO Today, one of the best days of my life. Great bunch of guys also hired today. Will be a solid class Dec 17th. 

3 PE’s was frustrating but damn worth it.  In my books already. 

LET’SSSSS GOOOOO!!!! Congrats man much deserved!!! If there's a way, feel free to DM me, got some info to help with class, if you’re in the B division lol. Again congrats, good luck you got this!!!

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everybody sworn in today!

Now I actually have a question: I have a company holiday party tomorrow night, then the medical on Friday morning. Would it be problematic if I consume alcohol? Not sure what kind of tests they run during medical.

@TO legacy If possible, could you share some insight?

15 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Now I actually have a question: I have a company holiday party tomorrow night, then the medical on Friday morning. Would it be problematic if I consume alcohol? Not sure what kind of tests they run during medical.

They do piss test, they dip a stick in it and pop up several colors,  they match it with the bottle. I dont know what they was looking for. But it was several things like blood sugar, protien , other wierd stuff never heard of. I don't think a little would hurt , but you don't wanna go there hung over. Ekg, eye,audio, wouldn't hurt. But drinking may raise blood pressure. Best to avoid it. Youll need the energy,  its going to be a long day

42 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

The urine test was only for sugar as far as the medical. 

But I wouldn’t risk drinking before ANY MTA appointment. 

Not worth if bro. 

Edited by TO legacy

50 minutes ago, Imhim said:

LET’SSSSS GOOOOO!!!! Congrats man much deserved!!! If there's a way, feel free to DM me, got some info to help with class, if you’re in the B division lol. Again congrats, good luck you got this!!!

Thx so much. I will absolutely do that tomorrow. 

Metro north just called me in for a rail break on the new haven line.

Im so tired, but supervisors have so cool through this process I can’t leave them hanging. 

Please remind me if I slip and forget, I very much would appreciate any help brother. Thx

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

Heeeeeeey wherres my inside B division information...(B) favortist :P

Hey everyone today I was hired for the December 17th class. Went in for 3 different p/e's. It was a long time to get here but well worth it. I just wanted to say I really appreciate everyone in this forum who has posted as it has been extremely helpful throughout this whole process. I advise anybody who hasn't been called yet or is going through p/e to read through this forum because there is a ton of great information and alot of awesome, helpful people. Good luck to all and have patience your time will come. I look forward to meeting everyone in the December 17th class!

Edited by dporter322

3 hours ago, Imhim said:

Congrats and good luck! You can bring a backpack for the first week or two of orientation at PS 248. When you get your schedule and start going to the yards you have to have a bag that can be carried by hand, you aren’t allowed to cross tracks with a bag on your shoulders! So either a duffle or a “Kaka” bag, which has a handle on the side and the straps can be zipped up. Also a gray shirt lol, dark, light, doesn’t matter. 

What about the orientation at 130 livingston, on the paper it says no bag, and were you referring to this bag

https://www.amazon.com/KAKA-Classic-Backpack-Water-Resistant-Notebook/dp/B01I2MZUAW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543457108&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=kaka&dpPl=1&dpID=51TKftfeTLL&ref=plSrch#immersive-view_15434

Edited by Citypilot

16 minutes ago, Citypilot said:

Yeah that’s one type of Kaka bag. For 130 Livingston it’s not mandatory to have the bag yet, you can if you want since the class is the 17th. Once they give you you’re tools it will help to have the bag because carrying them with the books in a duffle bag or similar is irritating! I tried that by getting the husky tool bag, that was a dub! 

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

Yeah that’s one type of Kaka bag. For 130 Livingston it’s not mandatory to have the bag yet, you can if you want since the class is the 17th. Once they give you you’re tools it will help to have the bag because carrying them with the books in a duffle bag or similar is irritating! I tried that by getting the husky tool bag, that was a dub! 

Thanks man

4 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Only 25 they'll place in that class? Or only 25 so far? 

To my understanding they have 25 people sitting in seats they are looking to fill more seats but have not completely filled all of the seats for the december 17th class. They didnt give word as to how many seats they would like to fill or when the next class is. Was there from 7am-7pm. They call you at random when you are there. Bring a snack some entertainment and a lot of patience. Staff is pretty chill for the most part. Oh did i mention bring some extra patience you will need it. Whoever is preparing to go in for their first p/e may have to do another. If i didnt mention this before bring some patience. As far as #’s that have been appointed goes a woman came out of a room and stated that theyre up to the 700 range. Oh last but not least you will need some patience, everyday is different and some may experience a shorter wait time than i did, still try to get there early. Oh and i am beating a dead horse with the same stick because you need patience. Good luck everyone and much success. 

6 hours ago, Nexdup said:

To my understanding they have 25 people sitting in seats they are looking to fill more seats but have not completely filled all of the seats for the december 17th class. They didnt give word as to how many seats they would like to fill or when the next class is. Was there from 7am-7pm. They call you at random when you are there. Bring a snack some entertainment and a lot of patience. Staff is pretty chill for the most part. Oh did i mention bring some extra patience you will need it. Whoever is preparing to go in for their first p/e may have to do another. If i didnt mention this before bring some patience. As far as #’s that have been appointed goes a woman came out of a room and stated that theyre up to the 700 range. Oh last but not least you will need some patience, everyday is different and some may experience a shorter wait time than i did, still try to get there early. Oh and i am beating a dead horse with the same stick because you need patience. Good luck everyone and much success. 

What exactly do you do when your there? Are you just there standing around or sitting waiting to be called? Are you filling out any type of paperwork? Do they call you for the urine test right away? Or is that the part that your waiting there the longest for? I was thinking about getting there Atleast 5am 

Just now, Mrhands0me said:

What exactly do you do when your there? Are you just there standing around or sitting waiting to be called? Are you filling out any type of paperwork? Do they call you for the urine test right away? Or is that the part that your waiting there the longest for? I was thinking about getting there Atleast 5am 

You get paper work as soon as you get upstairs. You are waiting to take the urine test disregard the ticket board when you get there again they dont go by that. Get there early so you can get a seat 

7 hours ago, Nexdup said:

I already did p/e on the 7th. But they're not at my number for medical, sadly. So it's a waiting game for now. Hoping for a jan class.

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Low 1100s. Btw thanks!

Youre welcome i didnt hear anything about the Jan class guess they are waiting on the approval from the higher ups. But i have read here on the forum that they have a class set for Jan. We were also advised yesterday to contact Ms. Vargas to check the status of being scheduled for Medical after we had completed our drug test. seeing that youve been waiting so long you should try.   

17 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Youre welcome i didnt hear anything about the Jan class guess they are waiting on the approval from the higher ups. But i have read here on the forum that they have a class set for Jan. We were also advised yesterday to contact Ms. Vargas to check the status of being scheduled for Medical after we had completed our drug test. seeing that youve been waiting so long you should try.   

I actually did call her before thanksgiving but she said they were in the beginning 600s for medical.