ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

Congrats man welcome to the Dec 17th class...This class is starting to fill with some of the best people on this board!

Thanks brother

That’s why the graduation rate from this class is going to be amazing. Study groups and mutual support let’s go!

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Thanks brother

That’s why the graduation rate from this class is going to be amazing. Study groups and mutual support let’s go!

@jay 

@lirrmedford

Fellow dec 17th classmate...I live in shirly, on long island...medford I know where you are from...out this way....where you from jay?

Definitely interested in some study group type thing...whatever helps us all pass this training!!! Life changer much needed with this job...

2 hours ago, Pauliepaulie said:

@jay 

@lirrmedford

Fellow dec 17th classmate...I live in shirly, on long island...medford I know where you are from...out this way....where you from jay?

Definitely interested in some study group type thing...whatever helps us all pass this training!!! Life changer much needed with this job...

I’m in Brooklyn; by Coney Island.

18 hours ago, Jblack9727 said:

Awww damn. Yea was def 1 of the colder days. I was lookin out for ya boots too thats the funny thing. Thinking if she still here i have no right to complain lol. And i hope your assumptions are correct, wouldnt make any sense to call us if they have no plans of swearing us in until like june/july. Im still showin up early next time, better safe than sorry

Damm, so they let everyone in at 7am??? How’s the parking situation over there? Maybe there’s a parking lot I could park in, and do they let you bring small snacks or water inside the place? Would appreciate any help 

31 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

Damm, so they let everyone in at 7am??? How’s the parking situation over there? Maybe there’s a parking lot I could park in, and do they let you bring small snacks or water inside the place? Would appreciate any help 

Use spothero. Theres a parking lot exactly on the other side of the building. I think I paid like 16 for the whole day. 

Hey folks,

I went in of Friday 11/30, did my P/E and first drug test. List #170*. we were given a "homework packet" when we left containing that DCAS 21 page application. This is my question: I am a "non New York City" resident living in Yonkers, NY. As I read the homework it looks like I'm ineligible. Will  living in Yonkers deem me ineligible for the TO position? I guess I have to call in tomorrow to make certain. Lemme know...

51 minutes ago, boomer815 said:

Hey folks,

I went in of Friday 11/30, did my P/E and first drug test. List #170*. we were given a "homework packet" when we left containing that DCAS 21 page application. This is my question: I am a "non New York City" resident living in Yonkers, NY. As I read the homework it looks like I'm ineligible. Will  living in Yonkers deem me ineligible for the TO position? I guess I have to call in tomorrow to make certain. Lemme know...

Ofcourse not . You have transit employees living in Pennsylvania and many other places besides nyc

3 hours ago, boomer815 said:

Hey folks,

How long were you in there Friday? 

10 hours ago, boomer815 said:

Hey folks,

Don’t forget that DCAS packet is used for all nyc exams. Other exams that can claim residential credit causes the confusion. 

PE 11/30. Got to the building at 615am. Third person on line. All drug tested and out by 11:10am. The lady who gave us the overview told us the people in our group would be considered for the December and January classes.  I found that strange after what I have read here, but that's what was said. I'm still not gonna expect anything until late winter at the earliest. List 16xx. They did tell us to call if we didn't hear in 2 weeks. Does anyone have that number handy? 

29 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

PE 11/30. Got to the building at 615am. Third person on line. All drug tested and out by 11:10am. The lady who gave us the overview told us the people in our group would be considered for the December and January classes.  I found that strange after what I have read here, but that's what was said. I'm still not gonna expect anything until late winter at the earliest. List 16xx. They did tell us to call if we didn't hear in 2 weeks. Does anyone have that number handy? 

You are a lucky one, but yea I doubt well get into dec/Jan unless everyone before us is defer or dq’ed. I’m in 115x and we’re estimating feb/March if they establish a class.

2 hours ago, kev2112 said:

+1 (347) 643-8218

On 11/30/2018 at 3:38 PM, acabral136 said:

I'm in the 900s and still waiting. I think realistically I'll be in a february class. 

I'm in the lower 800's and I still haven't been called for medical.  I did p/e on November 9th.  Has anyone else in the 800's been called for medical yet?

4 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

I'm in the lower 800's and I still haven't been called for medical.  I did p/e on November 9th.  Has anyone else in the 800's been called for medical yet?

Highest I've seen in this forum called for medical has been in the 730s. Our time is coming soon bro. 

19 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

I’m 74*, did pe on November 8; go in for medical tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, kev2112 said:

That sure would be nice! Thanks for the update by the way

Had preemployment today. Got there around 6:40am and there were about 10 people ahead of me. Left at 12:01 also I was one of the first ppl out of the group of train operators to be called for the drug test in the lab, which got packed extremely fast. The lady who gave us our orientation speech said there’s two classes coming up, December 17th and January 7th and she spoke as if we will be in the Jan 7 class, which I highly doubt since my number is 18xx. Overall pretty Smooth process for me just a lot of paper work to fill out. I anticipate coming back for a second pre-employment sometime after my drug test expires, but next time I will get there even earlier lol. Good luck to everyone starting class soon and happy holidays !!

9 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Had preemployment today. Got there around 6:40am and there were about 10 people ahead of me. Left at 12:01 also I was one of the first ppl out of the group of train operators to be called for the drug test in the lab, which got packed extremely fast. The lady who gave us our orientation speech said there’s two classes coming up, December 17th and January 7th and she spoke as if we will be in the Jan 7 class, which I highly doubt since my number is 18xx. Overall pretty Smooth process for me just a lot of paper work to fill out. I anticipate coming back for a second pre-employment sometime after my drug test expires, but next time I will get there even earlier lol. Good luck to everyone starting class soon and happy holidays !!

Was Ms. Vargas there? I called today for an update, and the lady who replied (Emma Rivera) said she was not in. She also gave me confusing info when I asked what the last list number called for Medicals was, and said the last person appointed from the list is 8,440. I asked her for the context of what she meant, since i didn't see any list numbers from either drug tests or medicals nearly that high here. 180 Livingston can be confusing. Hope there's a feb and mar class, too. Are they in the 8-900s for meds yet? Hard to tell.

7 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Was Ms. Vargas there? I called today for an update, and the lady who replied (Emma Rivera) said she was not in. She also gave me confusing info when I asked what the last list number called for Medicals was, and said the last person appointed from the list is 8,440. I asked her for the context of what she meant, since i didn't see any list numbers from either drug tests or medicals nearly that high here. 180 Livingston can be confusing. Hope there's a feb and mar class, too. Are they in the 8-900s for meds yet? Hard to tell.

It sounds like there's a lot of misinformation floating around out there.  I'm in the very low 800's and I haven't even had my medical yet.  I went for p/e on Nov. 9th.  I seriously doubt anyone above 1000 will be in the December class.  Hell, I doubt anyone in 800-900 will be in that class.  I could be wrong though.  I'm just judging from what I've read on here.  Maybe they're making the December class really big?