ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

It sounds like there's a lot of misinformation floating around out there.  I'm in the very low 800's and I haven't even had my medical yet.  I went for p/e on Nov. 9th.  I seriously doubt anyone above 1000 will be in the December class.  Hell, I doubt anyone in 800-900 will be in that class.  I could be wrong though.  I'm just judging from what I've read on here.  Maybe they're making the December class really big?

At this pt, who the hell knows, man. I'm just wondering if the jan class will be the last one for now. All we can ultimately do is keep waiting.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Djx said:

I’m 74*, did pe on November 8; go in for medical tomorrow. 

Good luck to you pal!

Hope everything goes smooth. If you wear glasses, bring them! Don’t rely on your contacts. Go over your paperwork with a fine-toothed comb, because that attention to detail will make the interviewers job much easier and therefore quicker for you to get your picture and fingerprint taken.

1 hour ago, Kidbx175 said:

Had preemployment today. Got there around 6:40am and there were about 10 people ahead of me. Left at 12:01 also I was one of the first ppl out of the group of train operators to be called for the drug test in the lab, which got packed extremely fast. The lady who gave us our orientation speech said there’s two classes coming up, December 17th and January 7th and she spoke as if we will be in the Jan 7 class, which I highly doubt since my number is 18xx. Overall pretty Smooth process for me just a lot of paper work to fill out. I anticipate coming back for a second pre-employment sometime after my drug test expires, but next time I will get there even earlier lol. Good luck to everyone starting class soon and happy holidays !!

Heard the same thing on Friday.  16xx  here. She made us feel like we'd be in the January class. I don't buy it though. I expect to go for at least one more P/E. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong :)

Edited by kev2112
misspelling

14 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Heard the same thing on Friday.  16xx  here. She made us feel like we'd be in the January class. I don't buy it though. I expect to go for at least one more P/E. Of course I'd love to be proven wrong :)

Yeah me too lol. I won’t even be  mad if I have to go for two more preemployemts honestly, because I know eventually I will be in lol. Right now all I’m going to do is continue to enjoy my freedom before the MTA takes over my life lol.

From my understanding, everyone in my class confirmed and I asked a few others from my induction class, you everyone will more than likely do more than 1 P/E. They had cases prior to people getting clean for the first test then coming back and failing a random! Yes you can be given a random while in school car! I asked a few TSS’s and they stated the classes are appointed based on the hiring number needed given to Ms. Vargas i.e. 200. The waiting period is a good chance to get all paperwork in order, so that when you walk in to the medical there isn’t any issues! Good luck to all those appointed! 

43 minutes ago, Imhim said:

From my understanding, everyone in my class confirmed and I asked a few others from my induction class, you everyone will more than likely do more than 1 P/E. They had cases prior to people getting clean for the first test then coming back and failing a random! Yes you can be given a random while in school car! I asked a few TSS’s and they stated the classes are appointed based on the hiring number needed given to Ms. Vargas i.e. 200. The waiting period is a good chance to get all paperwork in order, so that when you walk in to the medical there isn’t any issues! Good luck to all those appointed! 

Im confused. You're saying some people have already been removed from schoolcar because they failed a random? What do you mean by "cases" in this context?

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Im confused. You're saying some people have already been removed from schoolcar because they failed a random? What do you mean by "cases" in this context?

Yeah, when you come in for school car you are signing in with a TSS and they have to deem you fit for duty. If they feel you aren’t you can be sent downtown! One of my TSS’s told me there have been previous situations where they have been T/Os given randoms in school car and failed. Like how you just passed a drug test to get the job and fail a drug test not even a year later. The TSS stated that’s a possibility for the multiple drug test before medical. Now I’m not saying this has happened in my induction class or any class from this list! I am speaking in regards to past groups. 

So let me give you guys the heads up , my friend was there today list number 73* and he was the last person appointed to the January 7 class because December was full . I told him to ask for me and he gave my list number 101* and the person that does the hiring themselves says I have a ways to go . I’m just going to chill out now and just forget about it and go with the flow . I make 3 years on Friday as a conductor so im going to let this process be . I’m over it 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

4 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

So let me give you guys the heads up , my friend was there today list number 73* and he was the last person appointed to the January 7 class because December was full . I told him to ask for me and he gave my list number 101* and the person that does the hiring themselves says I have a ways to go . I’m just going to chill out now and just forget about it and go with the flow . I make 3 years on Friday as a conductor so im going to let this process be . I’m over it 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

The jan class is full now?

7 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

Class closed today with my friend 73* that’s what he was told while signing for the job .

That’s really weird considering I’m 73* and I’m in the Dec 17th class.

Did your friend defer / get placed on medical hold before?

I just find it hard to believe that 9 people filled up the Jan class.

My buddy was doing medical same time as me on Friday and he was 74*.

Edited by Jay-Oh

6 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yea that doesn't sound right. 

6 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

No but he was at work today and he didn’t make it to 180 Livingston till like after 10 am . So he’s last just that he obviously should have been there earlier but couldn’t .

8 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

When you work for transit , getting hired for another title it’s said to be done “at your own time “ 

The December class is full. 

They just started calling for January as per a friend at 180 I just called. (But they dont work in hr, so grain of salt)

Your friend is probably was last for dec 17th. 

Call him. 

Lets not get people next up hopes down.

Edited by TO legacy

4 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

The December class is full. 

They just started calling for January as per a friend at 180 I just called. (But they dont work in hr, so grain of salt)

Your friend is probably was last for dec 17th. 

Call him. 

Lets not get people next up hopes down.

And you know what youre right I apologize guys 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I was having a conversation with him and I read what I wanted . Smh . Yea the December class is full not the January class 😑

2 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

And you know what youre right I apologize guys 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I was having a conversation with him and I read what I wanted . Smh . Yea the December class is full not the January class 😑

It’s all good bro, your sharing information for the better of this forum. 

Simple mistake, no harm, no foul.