ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Everyone in the Dec 17th class. I got an email saying the location for orientation was changed. Make sure to check your emails!

Thanks for mentioning this. I can imagine how many pple are going to overlook that email.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, train1290 said:

I never got my results for this exam (list number)…..is there a phone number I can call to inquire or what can be done? 

Sticky board on top of this thread. Provides a link for you to view your score. You should contact 180 Livingston and correct your address if it has changed.

2 minutes ago, train1290 said:

MTAHopeful813, ok so I just looked, it just shows my score for, Bus Operator, Conductor, and Sanitation worker. What now? what does it mean if it doesn't show a score for Train operator? My address is still the same....still living here.

Means u didn't score the minimum 70 to be on the list.

I'm getting antsy man.. I'm dying to find out if there's a february class. 

Has anybody that did p/e on 11/16 received an email for medical yet? 

Also, what is the email that the medical comes from? That way I can add it to my address book and not worry about it going to my spam. 

On 12/3/2018 at 4:16 PM, MarkGuy said:

Im confused. You're saying some people have already been removed from schoolcar because they failed a random? What do you mean by "cases" in this context?

You are subject to randoms everyday that you show up to work. I had a classmate get sent for a random after one of the first days of express bus training.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:03 PM, MTAHopeful813 said:

Been reading a lot about preparation, kakabag, boots, how about food? Are there lunch breaks in schoolcar? Given you’re behind the lever all day how do you prepare your bags?

You'll definitely get your lunch during training. They're not going to leave you high and dry, everyday.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:28 AM, TOHopeFull2019 said:

Some people are just very nasty in that office especially the lady while taking the drug test. She got mad at me for flushing the toilet, like really!? its a habit!

You have to understand that you could have failed your drug test right there and then for flushing. Idk if she told you directly not to flush the toilet but there is at least something around that you see, that instructs you NOT to do so. If you do that in the future, they're just going to fail you straight up.

11 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

You are subject to randoms everyday that you show up to work. I had a classmate get sent for a random after one of the first days of express bus training.

You'll definitely get your lunch during training. They're not going to leave you high and dry, everyday.

You have to understand that you could have failed your drug test right there and then for flushing. Idk if she told you directly not to flush the toilet but there is at least something around that you see, that instructs you NOT to do so. If you do that in the future, they're just going to fail you straight up.

Every time I went in for PE and drug test, the sample collector was VERY clear to not flush the toilet. The reason being that the water in the toilet is treated with some sort of chemical that would react if something is up.

21 hours ago, 2nice said:

Means u didn't score the minimum 70 to be on the list.

OK, However, before the list was even published, MTA mailed me a letter stating that I don't have a driver license which, in fact I do. I even mailed them back proof. So I don't understand why they would ask me for proof due to the requirements. Suggestions anyone?

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

OK, However, before the list was even published, MTA mailed me a letter stating that I don't have a driver license which, in fact I do. I even mailed them back proof. So I don't understand why they would ask me for proof due to the requirements. Suggestions anyone?

Did you follow up? Trusty ol’ USPS is not always the safest way to return documents. I would call 180 Livingston, if you haven’t about the license to see if that is the reason they held your score. But if you know you did not meet the required grade it’s no point.

46 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Did you follow up? Trusty ol’ USPS is not always the safest way to return documents. I would call 180 Livingston, if you haven’t about the license to see if that is the reason they held your score. But if you know you did not meet the required grade it’s no point.

yes I did I sent it registered mail... however I will try to call them over the phone? BTW, would you happen to know the phone number for 180 Livingston street for the Train Operator exam?

36 minutes ago, train1290 said:

yes I did I sent it registered mail... however I will try to call them over the phone? BTW, would you happen to know the phone number for 180 Livingston street for the Train Operator exam?

+1 (347) 643-8218 

Michelle Vargas . She’ll ask you for your social and will give you a direct answer about your test info .

10 hours ago, njbk said:

I heard from a few people that they dropped the drivers license requirement. I know of at least one person in my induction who doesn’t have a license and was hired. 

Welcome to Transit. When it comes to Service Delivery assume the most restricted. So until a HR personnel or another NOE comes out stating otherwise, it's safer to assume a license is required and anyone who got in without it is either due to oversight or the desperate need of bodies for TO.

On 12/8/2018 at 9:48 AM, acabral136 said:

I'm getting antsy man.. I'm dying to find out if there's a february class. 

Has anybody that did p/e on 11/16 received an email for medical yet? 

Also, what is the email that the medical comes from? That way I can add it to my address book and not worry about it going to my spam.

my drug test was a day before thanks giving and they stated we would get a call within 90 days  

6 hours ago, IronboundNJT said:

Welcome to Transit. When it comes to Service Delivery assume the most restricted. So until a HR personnel or another NOE comes out stating otherwise, it's safer to assume a license is required and anyone who got in without it is either due to oversight or the desperate need of bodies for TO.

My drug test was November 21 for mtaexam 7604.   I have not yet received a phone call nor email. From recent post someone posted that the next class is dec 17 Jan 7 and Jan 28. Does anyone know if these dates are accurate?

4 minutes ago, Future4me said:

My drug test was November 21 for mtaexam 7604.   I have not yet received a phone call nor email. From recent post someone posted that the next class is dec 17 Jan 7 and Jan 28. Does anyone know if these dates are accurate?

If your list number is not in the 700s you have a ways to go . Yes those classes are accurate but the highest list number called is 757. I did my drug nov 5 and still nothing but they are not up to my number yet . So sit back and relax  

6 minutes ago, Future4me said:

So does that mean I won’t be selected for the upcoming classes

Ofcourse you will when they get to your number . The highest number they called is 757 so for example I’m in the low 1000s. So realistically I might not make the January class but they’ll have more as soon as they get approval .