ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

a lot of people are saying that there's a chance we'll have to do 2 or 3 urine/drug tests. does that mean we'll have to do the application with your job history etc over again each time. is this what happened to those that went through multiple pre employment procedures? if so, what happens/happened to the first and/or second application(s) you fill(ed) out? do they discard them? can't they be kept and used again? how does this work??

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stansmithadidas said:

a lot of people are saying that there's a chance we'll have to do 2 or 3 urine/drug tests. does that mean we'll have to do the application with your job history etc over again each time. is this what happened to those that went through multiple pre employment procedures? if so, what happens/happened to the first and/or second application(s) you fill(ed) out? do they discard them? can't they be kept and used again? how does this work??

Yes u have to fill it out again..just make copies so it's easier

12 minutes ago, stansmithadidas said:

Before you submit it, stop and take pictures of it with your phone. I would say make copies at home, but u might edit it a bit before u submit it like I did when we were told we don't have to give a long story under "reason for leaving". 

On 12/11/2018 at 8:38 PM, Future4me said:

What are the class sizes if anyone knows. Is it more or less than 500 per class

my class was 60 people. Then we were divided into 6 groups of 10 people and each group has their own instructors and schedules. 20 in A division, 40 in B. I chose B and got B.

Edited by nipaaaa

3 hours ago, stansmithadidas said:

They gave me a copy of the one I submitted during my 1st p/e to make sure everything was the same...sailed through 2nd p/e, now waiting on email for medical...list 85x

19 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

They gave me a copy of the one I submitted during my 1st p/e to make sure everything was the same...sailed through 2nd p/e, now waiting on email for medical...list 85x

You had a second p/e?  Did they notify you by mail or email?  When did you do your first p/e?

I’m list 81x and I did my first (and only) p/e November 9th. I haven’t received anything about a second p/e yet. 

22 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

So, does anyone know how strict are they on penmanship? I've been on computers for decades and never had great hand writing. Do they frown on that? That's directly related to this question, are they tight on crossing things out on the application?

You have to make sure the application is legible! They will be annoyed if not and possibly make you do it over, bit of advice just take your time and do it right at home so you won't have to do it over at 180! Plus from the stories being told, it seems like there are a lot of "personalities" up there, you don't want to be on the bad side of one of them, I'm just saying. And crossing out, they don't like that, however there are copies of the pages at 180, if you already crossed out, you can stop by there and get new copies, if you have time and are in the area. Otherwise you'll just have to fix it when you go there for 2nd P/E

Thanks. Yeah went yesterday for my second time for 3rd application.

1st application: Wrong work dates 

2nd application: Crossouts

3rd application: Got work history from my old union job, had to redo.

44 years old in January, been working since 18. Lots of jobs. No excuse, but the union time period was crazy. Lots of different companies in a short time. Gotta get this right.

Ms. Vargas told me she had only processed up to 757 for medical last week. Not sure where the 730 is from. It might seem that they've really slowed hiring at this point. Guess that's life. But it can be a bit sucky to see people with your same exact score already in schoolcar, simply because the 5th digit in their ss no was lower than urs. Something I have no control over. 

Just venting. Least I can still enjoy my reg 8 to 4 sked until Transit screws that up for years.

Hhmmmm, 27 difference....me being list #14xx, well it's the same. If there are 60 in a class, one class this month, 2 in January... And I go with medical being at (Imma use Markguy's number, it's higher😬) 757+60+60+60= Medical list #937.

From there, I'll be called for medical 8.6 classes later, if it's 60 per class.

Anyone care to share insight if I'm wrong? Not am exact science, gives a good idea of how long is the wait.

Thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Hhmmmm, 27 difference....me being list #14xx, well it's the same. If there are 60 in a class, one class this month, 2 in January... And I go with medical being at (Imma use Markguy's number, it's higher😬) 757+60+60+60= Medical list #937.

Anyone care to share insight if I'm wrong? Not am exact science, gives a good idea of how long is the wait.

Thanks in advance.

Just gotta be patient and wait until they call you! There’s people who will defer, won’t answer, fail drug test or medical, medical hold etc. You can’t really put a number on it! They said there’s a certain number per quarter that gets approved for T/O hires, let me, heard that from a TSS and someone on here said Ms Vargas stated that. I had a dude who literally was told he wouldn’t make my induction class because it was full, they called him the Friday before we started and said someone dropped out, he came in that day for the medical, got sworn in and reported Monday. That dude ended up in my regular class. Just understand once you started the process and you’re clean, it’s a go, you’re in there, the call will come! They only missed one month (October) since MAY! They’ve had a class every month before they even sent out the scores everyone, think about that! 

Thanks Imhim! Like many here, I'm planning out current job situation. Heavily relied on at work. Things will pretty much stop once I leave. Hate to do that, hate to leave then in a bad situation, but this is a once in a lifetime chance in my eyes.

Thanks again everyone for all the information and answering questions, it's appreciated!!!

On 12/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, TAI STUNNER said:

I am hearing very conflicting statements regarding the drug tests...  Some are saying the drug tests expire 30 days and some are saying 90 days. I am  reading  the p/e paperwork expires in 90 days as well.  Can someone  give me accurate information in regards to overall p/e expirations please????

Drug test expires after 30 days.  Application is 90 days 

12 hours ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Thanks in advance.

They go through more than 60 people to fill a class lol...after 3 classes they should def be higher than 937