ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Thanks.

What do you find the hardest so far? Is there anything so far that is extremely difficult in your opinion?

They started Monday, selected divisions but haven’t been assigned their TSS’s. Ask him in a week they’re still doing the boring video stuff.

Here's something bugging me. I believe this position required 10 years experience. I have that easy, however they ask since high school. A little foggy for 3 years 20 years ago. 

1-Why do they ask for both & 

2-Are they really strict with mistakes on early work history if it's 20 years ago if the last 15 is accurate?

37 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Here's something bugging me. I believe this position required 10 years experience. I have that easy, however they ask since high school. A little foggy for 3 years 20 years ago. 

1-Why do they ask for both & 

2-Are they really strict with mistakes on early work history if it's 20 years ago if the last 15 is accurate?

lol ummm where are you getting this information from? The position does not require 10 years experience. I believe it was 5 previous list, this one (7604) changed to 1 year work experience, don’t quote me I read that here in the early pages of the thread. They ASK you to list your work experience going back to high school. They ask for both, you can’t ask us why, we aren’t TA lol, if you want the job as bad as others, just give them what they want! Also if you don’t want your application being held up due to the interviewer at 180 I advise you to take your time and fill out that application to the best of your ability. This is why you have time to do it now so by the time they call you you’re not scrambling. 

1 hour ago, Imhim said:

They started Monday, selected divisions but haven’t been assigned their TSS’s. Ask him in a week they’re still doing the boring video stuff.

This man knows what he’s talking about. We’re on day 3, today is union day and getting safety equipment. The real meat and potatoes don’t start until next week. Don’t worry, I’ll do my best to give updates. 

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

lol ummm where are you getting this information from? The position does not require 10 years experience. I believe it was 5 previous list, this one (7604) changed to 1 year work experience, don’t quote me I read that here in the early pages of the thread. They ASK you to list your work experience going back to high school. They ask for both, you can’t ask us why, we aren’t TA lol, if you want the job as bad as others, just give them what they want! Also if you don’t want your application being held up due to the interviewer at 180 I advise you to take your time and fill out that application to the best of your ability. This is why you have time to do it now so by the time they call you you’re not scrambling. 

I see what is, my fault. I was looking at an old exam online.

I ask here because there could be some in here that works for TA  (For years) applying for promotion to train operator. Someone might actually know the answer.

Don't get me wrong, I submit what they want, but at the same time I'm trying to figure out the mindset for when I go in and I'm asked questions. I've actually re-did my application 3 times because I kept finding more information to my work history. I've had over 20 jobs, mostly because of Union work. Finding exact start/finish dates on a 23 year work history ain't that easy.

I'm from a school that taught, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. I just want to know as much as i can before going in for the interview. 

20 hours ago, Poconodanno said:

Thanks for the info...

already talked to my doc ahead of time to have paperwork filled out the day I can bring it to him...just have to go to Scranton, PA to his office to do that so not a quick turnaround.

Hope to run into you guys eventually on the job!

A letter from your doctor won't matter, I bought one to and they still put me on hold and handed me their paper to fill out

32 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

I see what is, my fault. I was looking at an old exam online.

I ask here because there could be some in here that works for TA  (For years) applying for promotion to train operator. Someone might actually know the answer.

Don't get me wrong, I submit what they want, but at the same time I'm trying to figure out the mindset for when I go in and I'm asked questions. I've actually re-did my application 3 times because I kept finding more information to my work history. I've had over 20 jobs, mostly because of Union work. Finding exact start/finish dates on a 23 year work history ain't that easy.

I'm from a school that taught, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. I just want to know as much as i can before going in for the interview. 

I understand all that, I’m not saying your question was stupid! Just follow the directions given and you would already answer most of the questions you have! There is still a copy of the notice of examination floating around on google. There really isn’t a mindset to figure out, everything is self-explanatory. Fill out the info, don’t leave any gaps and you should be fine. Again don’t over think it, you need some brain cells for school car lol. 

21 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I understand all that, I’m not saying your question was stupid! Just follow the directions given and you would already answer most of the questions you have! There is still a copy of the notice of examination floating around on google. There really isn’t a mindset to figure out, everything is self-explanatory. Fill out the info, don’t leave any gaps and you should be fine. Again don’t over think it, you need some brain cells for school car lol. 

Naw you right. I straight over think EVERYTHING I do. Good for my current job, but not life, lol.

Ok, got another. This one, not sure if anyone here can answer, but it came up when I looked up the original exam notice as you mentioned online, I found it.

It says: One year  of  full-time satisfactory  work  experience  that  has  been  continuous  with one employer. If  you  have serious  moving  violations,  a license suspension  or  an  accident  record,  you  may  be  disqualified. 

I had 2 suspensions. Both for tickets I forgot to pay. 1995 and 1999. And 2 disobey signs. 2017 & 2018. 

Nothing open. Is this a disqualifier based on the exam notice or up to interviewer? 

11 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Naw you right. I straight over think EVERYTHING I do. Good for my current job, but not life, lol.

Ok, got another. This one, not sure if anyone here can answer, but it came up when I looked up the original exam notice as you mentioned online, I found it.

It says: One year  of  full-time satisfactory  work  experience  that  has  been  continuous  with one employer. If  you  have serious  moving  violations,  a license suspension  or  an  accident  record,  you  may  be  disqualified. 

I had 2 suspensions. Both for tickets I forgot to pay. 1995 and 1999. And 2 disobey signs. 2017 & 2018. 

Nothing open. Is this a disqualifier based on the exam notice or up to interviewer? 

LOL they do not care about your suspensions! Just make sure you don’t have any open tickets, parking or moving violations. They will put you on hold! 

5 hours ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Dang...and somebody quit already? I thought he was doing some actual work that freaked him out.

Nope, he was nervous about the job since day one. Day 1 and 3 are the days you should be the LEAST worried because the Union reps talk about all the good and happy stuff (benefits, vacation, pay, etc.)

Just read a notice of an immediate hiring freeze. Tried to copy and post, but I can’t figure out how. All nonessential OC and Promotional hiring is here by frozen until further notice. “Represented operational positions that are essential to the provision of safe and reliable transportation services to our customers are excluded from this hiring freeze....”

8 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Just read a notice of an immediate hiring freeze. Tried to copy and post, but I can’t figure out how. All nonessential OC and Promotional hiring is here by frozen until further notice. “Represented operational positions that are essential to the provision of safe and reliable transportation services to our customers are excluded from this hiring freeze....”

To my  understanding this has nothing to do with T/O correct?

26 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

The notice sounds like T/O's would be excluded from this freeze.
I don't see any reason for them to slow down on the hiring of  T/O's other than shortage of school car instructors.

42 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

wasn't this posted in the wsj on dec 12, i could be wrong but T/O is considered essential personnel 

15 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

The notice sounds like T/O's would be excluded from this freeze.
I don't see any reason for them to slow down on the hiring of  T/O's other than shortage of school car instructors.

Yeah. Im pretty sure train operators, who are the lifeblood of this transit system, are pretty damn essential.

The Complete fool that quit from my/our hiring class after 3 PE’s on day 3 didn’t deserve this great career. 

Only a complete POS loser would give this up. 

Glad im not working and calling such a loser my brother/ Sister.  

Unbelievableable. 

The rest on my 12/17 class are outstanding. 

Edited by TO legacy

On 12/18/2018 at 4:34 PM, wrong side of tracks said:

**Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but everytime I come back here, I have to do "forgot password" and reset to sign back in. I keep putting the same password and it signs me in, but if I sign out or come back later, it doesn't work and I have to start all over. I even tried different passwords with the same issue.

If anyone knows why this is happening or who I can contact, most appreciated.

Gonna forward this to @Harry and see what's up

Also, they ask for 10 years of work history on your application to do the background check, as per DOT regulations. 

28 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

The Complete fool that quit from my/our hiring class after 3 PE’s on day 3 didn’t deserve this great career. 

Only a complete POS loser would give this up. 

Glad im not working and calling such a loser my brother/ Sister.  

Unbelievableable. 

The rest on my 12/17 class are outstanding. 

What if he gave it up for something else? I have intentions on taking the job but once I get called for fdny firefighter I'm out lol

30 minutes ago, 2nice said:

What if he gave it up for something else? I have intentions on taking the job but once I get called for fdny firefighter I'm out lol

He gave up because he felt he couldn’t pass what thousands of people sucked it up and gave it they all. 

If FDNY calls then go, but I don’t want to hear none of that this is too much bullshit as there are thousands that would of gave a left nutt to have been in his place. 

He’s a clown and anybody making excuses for taking up a spot as a TO needs to step off this list.  Period. 

Be ready or beat your feet. 

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

Gonna forward this to @Harry and see what's up

Also, they ask for 10 years of work history on your application to do the background check, as per DOT regulations. 

They want work history since high school. That's 23 years for me 🙄

But thanks, I knew someone would have the answer.