ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

I'm looking at it more as an orginizer,just seems easier to track things and make sure you have them if they are together and in view

Gotcha. I’ve seen some folks use a tool pouch or  small toiletry bag (running joke in our class we call that a murse) to keep their tools together so it’s all in one place.  

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

I'm looking at it more as an orginizer,just seems easier to track things and make sure you have them if they are together and in view

Agreed.

15 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

When you get assigned your instructors they can assist with getting the leather holster for your brake handle, cutting key and reverser. Some TA guy makes it on the side. Im the opposite of you. I didn’t get one because that’s extra weight on my belt (I use a duty belt) and when I’m on the road I will always have my bag with me. 

Yeah, for sure, the extra weight on my belt isn’t bad though. I ordered a tactical belt so I’m not going to worry about it dragging my pants down. 

I heard that my class’ TSS’ are really good, so I’ll definitely talk to them about the holster.

9 hours ago, apokeguy said:

When you get assigned your instructors they can assist with getting the leather holster for your brake handle, cutting key and reverser. Some TA guy makes it on the side. Im the opposite of you. I didn’t get one because that’s extra weight on my belt (I use a duty belt) and when I’m on the road I will always have my bag with me. 

Also what bag do you use, I had a kaka bag since day 1 and that thing is crammed

17 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Ms vargas' assistant just said to me they are only up to 700s for meds. But according to on the sticky and one poster, theyre in the 800s. Interesting.

Naw, Vargas told me 800 something and someone else on this thread earlier that went in was 800 something...they are in low to mid 800's.

They probably getting 100's of calls a day about the hiring freeze and what number are they up to. It must be driving them nuts 😵

28 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Naw, Vargas told me 800 something and someone else on this thread earlier that went in was 800 something...they are in low to mid 800's.

They probably getting 100's of calls a day about the hiring freeze and what number are they up to. It must be driving them nuts 😵

I’m list #81x. I was called for medical on December 18th. I was put on medical hold that day. I got the letter from my doctor and went back to 180 Livingston yesterday. I asked about the hiring freeze and I was told it doesn’t affect train operators. They then put me on medical hold again (ugh). So I don’t know if I can resolve the issue fast enough to get in the Jan 28th class. I asked about that too and they haven’t yet planned any classes past Jan 28th. 

24 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

I’m list #81x. I was called for medical on December 18th. I was put on medical hold that day. I got the letter from my doctor and went back to 180 Livingston yesterday. I asked about the hiring freeze and I was told it doesn’t affect train operators. They then put me on medical hold again (ugh). So I don’t know if I can resolve the issue fast enough to get in the Jan 28th class. I asked about that too and they haven’t yet planned any classes past Jan 28th. 

Thanks very much for letting us know.

And even if you don't clear by January's class, think positive.

You will eventually clear it up and you are 640 ahead of me! 😅

26 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

If I may ask, if it’s for blood pressure/high cholesterol do you have a copy of the form? I for sure know ill be on med hold due to one or the other, would like to be ahead and have the docs fill it out prior. 

Thats good to hear the freeze doesn’t effect us! I was worried for a moment.

list 115x

9 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

If I may ask, if it’s for blood pressure/high cholesterol do you have a copy of the form? I for sure know ill be on med hold due to one or the other, would like to be ahead and have the docs fill it out prior. 

Thats good to hear the freeze doesn’t effect us! I was worried for a moment.

list 115x

No, my medical hold isn’t for high blood pressure/cholesterol. I don’t want to say what it is because it’s starting to feel like it could be a negating factor in getting hired. I don’t want people in the same situation as me to try to hide it if it turns out to be something that will keep you from being considered. . 

However, it could also be the particular doctor I got at 180 Livingston. She seems to have an ignorance and prejudice when it comes to my particular problem (she also seems barely competent in my opinion). But it’s like she was also just looking for some reason to put me on medical hold too, so maybe it was a personal thing—she didn’t like me from the moment I walked in the room for some reason. 

If it turns out I’m not fit for duty because of this particular medical problem, I’ll let you know. 

27 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

No, my medical hold isn’t for high blood pressure/cholesterol. I don’t want to say what it is because it’s starting to feel like it could be a negating factor in getting hired. I don’t want people in the same situation as me to try to hide it if it turns out to be something that will keep you from being considered. . 

However, it could also be the particular doctor I got at 180 Livingston. She seems to have an ignorance and prejudice when it comes to my particular problem (she also seems barely competent in my opinion). But it’s like she was also just looking for some reason to put me on medical hold too, so maybe it was a personal thing—she didn’t like me from the moment I walked in the room for some reason. 

If it turns out I’m not fit for duty because of this particular medical problem, I’ll let you know. 

Dang, that's crazy bro. Hate to hear things like that, whether it be for this job or any type of discrimination. Hope this works out for you.

4 hours ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Dang, that's crazy bro. Hate to hear things like that, whether it be for this job or any type of discrimination. Hope this works out for you.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  Luckily, I've had the strength and patience to put up with people like her my whole life.  I hope it works out for you too. 

7 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  Luckily, I've had the strength and patience to put up with people like her my whole life.  I hope it works out for you too. 

Damn I understand u wanting to keep it private but I'm wondering if it's sleep aepna. I don't have it but I'm sure I will get put on hold because I'm overweight. Whatever it is tho best of luck. 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

Damn I understand u wanting to keep it private but I'm wondering if it's sleep aepna. I don't have it but I'm sure I will get put on hold because I'm overweight. Whatever it is tho best of luck. 

If u know that start losing the weight now.

33 minutes ago, 2nice said:

If u know that start losing the weight now.

I am, I've lost 14 lbs so far since last month. I would have to lose another 30 or so to get under that bmi requirement and I'm pretty close to being called (90x). Not easy to lose 30lbs in less than 2 months unless u do it in an unhealthy way like starving yourself. 

Marriage did this to me 😭

Edited by acabral136

2 hours ago, acabral136 said:

It’s not sleep apnea either (I’m not overweight). But from what I’ve gathered, sleep apnea is a huge red flag for them. 

8 hours ago, candorgreen said:

It’s not sleep apnea either (I’m not overweight). But from what I’ve gathered, sleep apnea is a huge red flag for them. 

Yea i know I don't have it but I would hate to be put on hold when I'm finally called. I'm dying to start already.