ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yeah dude, your time will come. I’m fortunate enough to have a class full of supportive people who are a blast to learn with. The days fly by because we’re hungry for the knowledge. Before I know it, it’s 15:00 and it’s time to go home, and we’re still trying to squeeze some knowledge out of our TSS’.

A friend of a friend told her he gets OT even during schoolcar.. Any truth to that? 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

I know that but the procedure is nuts step by step and my yard practical 2 months away. I wish there was an outside source or a video or something. Cause having to wait for everyone to do a cut and add I'm not gonna get much practice

If you want, send me your email I got some material for you that may help! 

13 hours ago, TO legacy said:

Yes. 

A day when security and uniform sizing was scheduled we did. 

What’s up Legacy!!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Chances are, we’re gonna see each other at the school on Thursday and we’ll all be getting some OT since they’re doing uniform fitting by class.

46 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

What’s up Legacy!!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Chances are, we’re gonna see each other at the school on Thursday and we’ll all be getting some OT since they’re doing uniform fitting by class.

Yeah, that will a long day. 

Ta71 starts at New Lots, then dead heads all the way to Coney Island😒

I hope this uniform company actually shows up this time. 

Things are going well, knocking inspections out, doing cuts and adds. It all coming together once your given a chance to actually do it instead of read about it. I’m not a classroom guy, I lean better hands on. My first road day is tomorrow and I can’t wait to push the R62 up the 3 line 

see you Thursday 

Edited by TO legacy

49 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Yeah, that will a long day. 

Ta71 starts at New Lots, then dead heads all the way to Coney Island😒

I hope this uniform company actually shows up this time. 

Things are going well, knocking inspections out, doing cuts and adds. It all coming together once your given a chance to actually do it instead of read about it. I’m not a classroom guy, I lean better hands on. My first road day is tomorrow and I can’t wait to push the R62 up the 3 line 

see you Thursday 

Ah yeah...TB12 is starting in 207 yard up in the Bronx, then deadhead down to PS248. 😑😑.

We had our first road day was this past Sunday. The R68 brakes are blehhhh, but easy enough.

You’re gonna have lotsa fun!

See ya soon bro.

Edited by Jay-Oh

14 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Ah yeah...TB12 is starting in 207 yard up in the Bronx, then deadhead down to PS248. 😑😑.

We had our first road day was this past Sunday. The R68 brakes are blehhhh, but easy enough.

You’re gonna have lotsa fun!

See ya soon bro.

Nah you bugging the brakes on the R68 are definitely lit. It’s a delay, you have to get used to, I hated it at first but when you get the concept of releasing into the stop, you’ll appreciate the R68 over all the other trains! At least I do lol 

48 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Nah you bugging the brakes on the R68 are definitely lit. It’s a delay, you have to get used to, I hated it at first but when you get the concept of releasing into the stop, you’ll appreciate the R68 over all the other trains! At least I do lol 

Loll, you have a point. I haven’t tried the R46 or R32 yet, but I heard the new tech brakes are 👌👌.

I definitely am not used to the delay on the R68’s yet, but I’m sure I’ll get it.

13 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Loll, you have a point. I haven’t tried the R46 or R32 yet, but I heard the new tech brakes are 👌👌.

I definitely am not used to the delay on the R68’s yet, but I’m sure I’ll get it.

The R62 breaks have a minor delay as well.  

Somthing we just have to get use to. Lmao

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yeah the new techs stop great, the R32s and R42s the breaks are strong! Those trains stop on a dime! But trust me you will get used to all of them. Remember whenever anyone ask you which train you prefer say "all of them!' lol

1 hour ago, Imhim said:

Yeah the new techs stop great, the R32s and R42s the breaks are strong! Those trains stop on a dime! But trust me you will get used to all of them. Remember whenever anyone ask you which train you prefer say "all of them!' lol

Lol that’s a fact.

Cause lemme tell them i prefer the R68’s and they just throw me newtech or R32’s all day.

36 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Lol that’s a fact.

Cause lemme tell them i prefer the R68’s and they just throw me newtech or R32’s all day.

Well that's more for test and question situations, lol. They will purposely ask you about the other types of equipment. My class we really ain't new tech like that, being that your practicals will not be on them, unless they absolutely have no other equipment available. R46s are cool as well once you get a good position where you're comfortable with single hand operation. 

Would anyone know if they have they stopped giving this exam for the time being? Someone told me about it a month or so back, I tried to look for it on the MTA job postings site and do not see it. Do they remove the listing from time to time?

5 minutes ago, Woog said:

Would anyone know if they have they stopped giving this exam for the time being? Someone told me about it a month or so back, I tried to look for it on the MTA job postings site and do not see it. Do they remove the listing from time to time?

correct, this test was administered back in May-June 2017. There won't be another exam for probably 7-9 years.

7 hours ago, 2nice said:

Or possibly the opposite, they won’t need the extra workforce to accommodate the L shutdown. A lot of BO’s were hoping for this to happen to get that extra OT money. With this not going down everything is now business as usual.

1 minute ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Spoke with someone credible at School Car yesterday and they are skipping Feb, having a class in March, skipping April and having a class in May. April thing he wasn’t 100% on, but that’s the word on the street so far. Good luck folks.

Is the Jan 28th class full?

6 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Spoke with someone credible at School Car yesterday and they are skipping Feb, having a class in March, skipping April and having a class in May. April thing he wasn’t 100% on, but that’s the word on the street so far. Good luck folks.

I had a strong suspicion they would skip February. Short month and 2 classes in January. 

Means I'll probably have to take another drug test since mine expires february 16th.

Also means another 2 months AT LEAST at my shit job. 

f**kit it is what it is. 

28 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I had a strong suspicion they would skip February. Short month and 2 classes in January. 

Means I'll probably have to take another drug test since mine expires february 16th.

Also means another 2 months AT LEAST at my shit job. 

f**kit it is what it is. 

Why skip feb just cause it is a short month? I can understand maybe skipping bc there are two jan classes though.

I'm going to hope this is just a rumor and they're not skipping any months but if it is true then I'm probably not getting in til at least summer time with an 111x list number.

Just now, MarkGuy said:

Why skip feb just cause it is a short month? I can understand maybe skipping bc there are two jan classes though.

I'm going to hope this is just a rumor and they're not skipping any months but if it is true then I'm probably not getting in til at least summer time with an 111x list number.

I don't think that's a reason by itself but the fact that the 2nd January class is January 28 together with February being a short month.. Makes sense.