ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

4 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Haven’t completed yet, but I’m about to take my first practical next week. It’s all about how much time and effort you invest into the process. I’ve been going maximum effort the whole time and nothing in particular is too hard to grasp. The TSS’ *want* you to pass. It makes them look good if you do well. 

My class has lost 2 people so far; one who was freaking out during orientation, and a second one that got IOD. Good thing is, the second one will most definitely end up in one of your classes later on. Look for the guy who seems to know everything up to the first practical already, that’ll be him lol.

What's there to freak out about? I don't get it. Was he/she having a health problem or something? What is an IOD?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SlevinKelevra said:

What's there to freak out about? I don't get it. Was he/she having a health problem or something? What is an IOD?

He was just nervous about the whole job and whatnot. He was the youngest out of my entire class (like 21-23) and was obsessing over the smallest things. He eventually just said it was too much and quit. IOD is an injury on duty. 

Anyone going to show up in regular messenger bags/bookbags on the day of orientation? I just got my KAKA bag, but don't want to be the only dummy wearing it.

You’re not gonna be looked at any different for having that bag. 

What books are you bringing to the orientation? All of them or just the white one? Are we supposed to get our IDs during the orientation, or wait till we get to school car?

Just bring everything. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

It’s not much until you get your training manuals. Enjoy the light bag for now.

1 minute ago, Jay-Oh said:

He was just nervous about the whole job and whatnot. He was the youngest out of my entire class (like 21-23) and was obsessing over the smallest things. He eventually just said it was too much and quit. IOD is an injury on duty. 

You’re not gonna be looked at any different for having that bag. 

Just bring everything. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

It’s not much until you get your training manuals. Enjoy the light bag for now.

Spoken like a tru military man. Lol

20 minutes ago, fokisondis said:

Is there parking behind the school, or on the street? If so, does it get full at a certain time?

The parking isn’t bad around the school. There’s a lot of alternate side parking, so pay attention to the signs. It’s in a residential area so you can find a spot within a 1-2 block radius.

5 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

The parking isn’t bad around the school. There’s a lot of alternate side parking, so pay attention to the signs. It’s in a residential area so you can find a spot within a 1-2 block radius.

Thanks man. You’ve really been one of the most helpful people on this forum. Hope to see u on the road one day... If I make it. Lol.

17 hours ago, fokisondis said:

Thanks man. You’ve really been one of the most helpful people on this forum. Hope to see u on the road one day... If I make it. Lol.

Hope to see you on the road as well in the future! Just work hard and pay attention, you’ll be fine.

I wouldn’t say that I’m the most helpful on the forum, but I appreciate your kind words.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Hope to see you on the road as well in the future! Just work hard and pay attention, you’ll be fine.

I wouldn’t say that I’m the most helpful on the forum, but I appreciate your kind words.

Good luck!

He's being modest,he is the most helpful. 

21 hours ago, fokisondis said:

Keep calm it's not like most of the horror stories say. The new direction they are taking they really want you to pass,the TSS's wanna look good lol. I was terrified 2 weeks ago I wouldn't be able to pass a practical but now...I'm good, I feel like I can pass it the TSS did a lot of focus on me. You'll make it. Even a bit of confidence can help. You'll make it!

Edited by LIRRMedford

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

He's being modest,he is the most helpful.

Hey pal, how’s it going?

I’m glad to hear that you’re doing much better! I’m sure you’re gonna knock that practical out of the park.

Which class are you in again?

I put in an appeal about six months ago. They said I did not graduate high school when I actually have a college degree. Today I received the judgement on my appeal. They accepted my college degree. Just waiting to find out my list number. They said they'd mail that to me later. Hope everyone else who appealed gets good news.

Hi, I've been reading the posts on this forum, as I took the TO test. I read that the TA may not be hiring for TO's right now. Was wondering, does anybody know what the highest list number called for initial P/E was? My list number is 22xx. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Hi, I've been reading the posts on this forum, as I took the TO test. I read that the TA may not be hiring for TO's right now. Was wondering, does anybody know what the highest list number called for initial P/E was? My list number is 22xx. Thanks.

I'm not about the hiring part. But the information about the P/E is at the top of the page highlighted in green.  Highest called was in the 1800's

Edited by rondread445

On 1/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, Harlem said:

I put in an appeal about six months ago. They said I did not graduate high school when I actually have a college degree. Today I received the judgement on my appeal. They accepted my college degree. Just waiting to find out my list number. They said they'd mail that to me later. Hope everyone else who appealed gets good news.

Same for me. I'm 23, haven't had a full time job for a year, but I do have a degree which was full time education. I appealed and got that too. To be honest, I kinda forgot I even appealed, glad it's working out. 

Question for those who already started training, I'm curious. 

About how long after you started training did it take for you to start different tours? I know at first the training is 7am but I also read that after a while you get different report times at the yards. How long into the training did that happen? 

30 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

About how long after you started training did it take for you to start different tours? I know at first the training is 7am but I also read that after a while you get different report times at the yards. How long into the training did that happen? 

It’s been more than a month and we’re still reporting at 0700.

Road days we report at 0900 and different training sessions (fire school) we reported at 1500. 

We will have varying report times when we start YX and our Road Ops schedule. For the most part, school car is 0700 - 1500.

50 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

It’s been more than a month and we’re still reporting at 0700.

Road days we report at 0900 and different training sessions (fire school) we reported at 1500. 

We will have varying report times when we start YX and our Road Ops schedule. For the most part, school car is 0700 - 1500.

When you go yard posting you will have to post on each tour AM, PM, & Midnight. After that is a week of yard familiarization with a TSS and that will be 0600-1400. One day is a 0700 start I believe. Then you get released to the crew office for YX.

Edited by Imhim
Add info

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

I started in the September 24th class, first day of yard posting was December 12th. 

So being number 35xx im about 1800 people away from the initial p/e how long or so should us this low on the list wait to get called??  i follow along the forum happy for all ya give alot of good insight into what to expect with the process im just patiently waiting my time

8 hours ago, Colon162 said:

So being number 35xx im about 1800 people away from the initial p/e how long or so should us this low on the list wait to get called??  i follow along the forum happy for all ya give alot of good insight into what to expect with the process im just patiently waiting my time

Tbh right now no one knows with the freeze in place. Even for those who are next don’t have a time frame anymore since they did not approve the next quarters hiring. Just have to sit back until they start calling the folks for the second/third PE IF they start the hiring again soon. 

1/28 class just started, maybe the guys inside might hear of something in the next few months.

2 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Tbh right now no one knows with the freeze in place. Even for those who are next don’t have a time frame anymore since they did not approve the next quarters hiring. Just have to sit back until they start calling the folks for the second/third PE IF they start the hiring again soon. 

1/28 class just started, maybe the guys inside might hear of something in the next few months.

The freeze is for non operational titles, per what's been said. Other people posting in the station agent forum said they're being called for preemployment in the coming days.