ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Schecter said:

What does YX mean and what does road ops consist of?

YX means yard extra. You’ll be out on your own working in the yards or station switching for about 2 months. You can use this time to work OT/RDO if you so wish. Whenever a dispatcher asked me to stay, I stayed lol

Road ops you will be back with your class and instructors (may or may not be your original instructors) and operate a different line each day for 2 weeks. One week on midnight another week on AM.  

Edited by apokeguy

5 hours ago, blackzima said:

hi guys and girls. i have 2 questions to who is already in.

1. is a probation period 1 year from hire date?

2. is TO allowed to wear some masks when on duty?

thanks.

A regular surgical mask is fine but not the hazmat looking ones with the air filters and eye protection cuz that might scare the public.

1 hour ago, nipaaaa said:

A regular surgical mask is fine but not the hazmat looking ones with the air filters and eye protection cuz that might scare the public.

Maybe it’s because my mask is a black face mask, but my TSS and other TSS’ I’ve asked said it’s no bueno.

16 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

Thanks for letting us know. Sad news. 

Just because nothings scheduled at this point in time doesn’t mean it can’t be scheduled in a week. Let’s keep the positive energy and go off what someone recently stated about there possibly being a class in March 

On 2/12/2019 at 8:10 AM, Fredman0220 said:

Can anyone else attest to any news they may have heard about a March class?

Yeah. It's a bit frustrating to see people on other position lists here be called for final processing. Yet the t/o list, for possibly the most coveted non-managerial/non-corporate position in NYCT, isn't moving.

If there's really a March class, then idk why they aren't beginning to call us? We're halfway through February, which is already the year's shortest month. 

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

Yeah. It's a bit frustrating to see people on other position lists here be called for final processing. Yet the t/o list, for possibly the most coveted non-managerial/non-corporate position in NYCT, isn't moving.

If there's really a March class, then idk why they aren't beginning to call us? We're halfway through February, which is already the year's shortest month. 

I’m list # 81x. I just got off medical hold a few weeks ago so I’m assuming I’d be one of the first to get called for final processing. I haven’t heard anything yet but I’ll post here when I do. 

The March class was more or less a rumor, wasn’t it?  

4 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

I’m list # 81x. I just got off medical hold a few weeks ago so I’m assuming I’d be one of the first to get called for final processing. I haven’t heard anything yet but I’ll post here when I do. 

The March class was more or less a rumor, wasn’t it?  

I believe so, but some of the MTA workers were saying it as if it were a done deal. IDK anymore.

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

I believe so, but some of the MTA workers were saying it as if it were a done deal. IDK anymore.

I know a lady said there's no classes coming up yet when I called them last friday. She told me to call back in three months to see if anything has changed...

Edited by Schecter
Added another sentence

40 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I know a lady said there's no classes coming up yet when I called them last friday. She told me to call back in three months to see if anything has changed...

They always say that there’s no classes scheduled until they actually start calling people.

If a TSS told whoever mentioned the March classes that they will be scheduled, then there’s a good chance it’s true.

Also, considering the fact that TSS’ can start teaching a new class as soon as their original class starts YX, y’all should expect a call in or around March. My entire induction starts YX in March, so the timeline matches. Have faith and be patient. Good luck!

Edited by Jay-Oh

28 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

They always say that there’s no classes scheduled until they actually start calling people.

If a TSS told whoever mentioned the March classes that they will be scheduled, then there’s a good chance it’s true.

Also, considering the fact that TSS’ can start teaching a new class as soon as their original class starts YX, y’all should expect a call in or around March. My entire induction starts YX in March, so the timeline matches. Have faith and be patient. Good luck!

I agree, you guys have to realize also, this test usually takes minimum four years to get called back for! Again this forum is very helpful for everyone, but posting the same upset comments isn't going to get you called back first hand! I myself went through this at first after thinking I was going to be called after doing my first P/E in May and then getting frustrated at my current job, I was fuming. What I did was stayed on here, calculated by the numbers and waited, I projected a September start and it happened. Now we all know about the hiring freeze, I was told that it really has to do with the amount of TSS's available for classes, not so much the freeze! They just don't have enough available for the amount of people being hired. Now I was told by a fellow T/O yesterday that a TSS told him the next class will be in May. I am not sure how accurate this is being that others have stated March, however this TSS has been with TA for 20 years and he was also the one who told us last year that TA wouldn't have an October class. Do remember these TSS's also have Conductor classes, I remember going for my first signal test and midterm and there was an induction class there for C/Os and well as one that came in the month before! Just be patient and know your time is coming! 

25 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I agree, you guys have to realize also, this test usually takes minimum four years to get called back for! Again this forum is very helpful for everyone, but posting the same upset comments isn't going to get you called back first hand! I myself went through this at first after thinking I was going to be called after doing my first P/E in May and then getting frustrated at my current job, I was fuming. What I did was stayed on here, calculated by the numbers and waited, I projected a September start and it happened. Now we all know about the hiring freeze, I was told that it really has to do with the amount of TSS's available for classes, not so much the freeze! They just don't have enough available for the amount of people being hired. Now I was told by a fellow T/O yesterday that a TSS told him the next class will be in May. I am not sure how accurate this is being that others have stated March, however this TSS has been with TA for 20 years and he was also the one who told us last year that TA wouldn't have an October class. Do remember these TSS's also have Conductor classes, I remember going for my first signal test and midterm and there was an induction class there for C/Os and well as one that came in the month before! Just be patient and know your time is coming! 

Exactly. Just take it easy and don’t obsess over it too much, and I know it’s easier said than done, but do your best. I got my medical email when I didn’t expect it and it was a pleasant surprise. The less you think about it, the sooner it comes. 

Also, what Imhim said about schoolcar lacking the TSS’ to handle the volume of induction classes is true, not to mention the C/R and Flagging classes they need to juggle. If it makes you feel better, as soon as the TSS’ schedules start clearing up, you will be called because there’s a desperate need for T/O’s down here. Enjoy the freedoms you have now that you won’t have when you start classes, because I guarantee that you will have to make sacrifices for schoolcar when you start, whether it be sleep, a hobby, or time with your family/friends.

11 minutes ago, Invzo1019 said:

Hey question.  On the NOE it says 1 year continuous work history that has been continuous with 1 employer... does that mean that has to be a current job or can it be a previous job in the past?   Thanks. 

Any employer past or present, as long as you were employed by them for at least 1 year continuously.