ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

7 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Good luck to you guys!
Don't worry, it's pretty easy, just make stay on top of the signals. Also, don't forget that you guys will need to key-by automatics and accept call-ons for the signal practical.

Yeah that's gonna be the hard part, we're not gonna have favorable weather

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Wanna wish all the luck to my 12/16/18 induction brothers this weekend! Jay and Legacy!  P.S. Don't show up late Jay 😛😂🤣😅

Thanks buddy. Good luck to you as well!

Yeah I made sure that wouldn’t happen again lol.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, nipaaaa said:

it was I that said there will be a march class according to my TSS Greene. I just started yard posting today, my induction class is from 11/25/18. The trainer that I had today told me that in 5 years, about 75% of the current T.O workforce will retire so this list will move faster than the previous one. Also considering that a lot of current T.Os will also be moving around to other titles, MTA will have to keep filling these vacancies. Last week during station switching, I spoke with a 2-year vet who said he was from the 2009 list. His list # was like 601x and he started schoolcar in 2017. That list had 1 or 2 freezes that's why it took so many years for him.

You have TSS Greene? Who is the other TSS, I had him as well 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, Jay-Oh said:

They always say that there’s no classes scheduled until they actually start calling people.

If a TSS told whoever mentioned the March classes that they will be scheduled, then there’s a good chance it’s true.

Also, considering the fact that TSS’ can start teaching a new class as soon as their original class starts YX, y’all should expect a call in or around March. My entire induction starts YX in March, so the timeline matches. Have faith and be patient. Good luck!

I hope you are right. Im just strained because i just got laid off with 4 days warning earlier this month, and Im scrambling to find another job in the meantime. 

Idk if there's a March class why they would wait until the actual month to call? March begins thia friday, and still no word.

What sucks is that even i the class comrs around, i won't be called for medical then because my list number is 11xx. The last called for med was 860.

41 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I hope you are right. Im just strained because i just got laid off with 4 days warning earlier this month, and Im scrambling to find another job in the meantime. 

Idk if there's a March class why they would wait until the actual month to call? March begins thia friday, and still no word.

What sucks is that even i the class comrs around, i won't be called for medical then because my list number is 11xx. The last called for med was 860.

In a rare fit of optism from me: maybe the class will be closer to the end of March, in which case they might not be calling for it just yet?

2 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

In a rare fit of optism from me: maybe the class will be closer to the end of March, in which case they might not be calling for it just yet?

I spoke with Ms Vargas today and she said there are no vacancies right now to call back in April ; not sure what’s happening so patience it is whenever the call comes it does 

Just now, JoseL1992 said:

I spoke with Ms Vargas today and she said there are no vacancies right now to call back in April ; not sure what’s happening so patience it is whenever the call comes it does 

Yeah I also spoke to her in February and she said call in March and now its April....

2 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Yeah. It's hard to be patient when bills are running up and all this contradictory info is too.

I hear ya with the bills and stuff but we have to look at it this way, we weren’t suppose to be called until probably 2022 or so. If it wasn’t for the circumstances were actually ahead of the game. I’m 11xx too and I’ve learned to not stress it and just keep doing what you’re doing as if this job never existed. Keep applying to jobs, keep looking all over, don’t throw all your eggs in a basket.

13 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I hear ya with the bills and stuff but we have to look at it this way, we weren’t suppose to be called until probably 2022 or so. If it wasn’t for the circumstances were actually ahead of the game. I’m 11xx too and I’ve learned to not stress it and just keep doing what you’re doing as if this job never existed. Keep applying to jobs, keep looking all over, don’t throw all your eggs in a basket.

I'm 16xx. Drug test expires Thursday. I'm not worried. We are all gonna get called eventually. Best of look to the future brothers who are having a hard time right now. God bless.

4 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

A question for the "veterans" on the board. My drug test expires today (90th day). My list number is 16xx, and I have no problem chilling and waiting. Just curious if I should call or not. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

You don’t have to call, they know your test is going to expire! They will call you to take another test when ready! My test expired during my process and I was called to take another one, it’s nothing serious. 

25 minutes ago, Imhim said:

You don’t have to call, they know your test is going to expire! They will call you to take another test when ready! My test expired during my process and I was called to take another one, it’s nothing serious. 

Thanks for the info. I don't mind waiting

Passed the second signal test yesterday and did my thing on the YX, a lot of ppl ain’t take it serious because it doesn’t technically count towards you, however do remember all of you in classes now, that test still goes in your file! Also it’s like a temperature check for the final exam! Next up is road operations for 2 weeks then road posting!!! Can’t wait to get out there and get better with these station stops and seeing all the lines! 

hi everybody, my name has just been added to the list @ 4xx after an appeal. Do i need to do anything or should i just wait for MTA to contact me? Also who has priority for the next class? people with higher list numbers that have gone through most of the process or someone like me?