ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, njbk said:

So what has to happen after the list is established before i become permanent? My list number is very high (between 1 and 25) according to the letter i got. 

Complete the "second" or "official" probationary period after they certify the list and reach your name. Complete that and you'll be a permanent employee of the NYCTA.

Edited by Tricknologist

4 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Please let us know if you get it!!! I got 4 wrong as well, it would be a blessing if this comes this year.

2 hours ago, njbk said:

If you get one having got 4 wrong then they must have the need to hire a lot. 

5 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

The fact that people who got 4 wrong are getting letters gives me hope that even though I got 7 wrong I can hopefully get a letter within the next 2 years.

Anyone else who did not ace the test get anything? Seems only 2nice got something in.

29 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Anyone else who did not ace the test get anything? Seems only 2nice got something in.

I’ll be home in about 3hrs & will be able to confirm what the letter says. The image from the post office definitely shows that it’s from the mta’s examination unit.

Anyone know if you do not have your CDL license/permit if we are still eligible for T/O? I didn't realize it was a requirement before appointment. I received a letter for T/O temp position and it says to bring CDL or at a minimum your CDL learner's permit which I do not have at this point. TIA

2 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Anyone know if you do not have your CDL license/permit if we are still eligible for T/O? I didn't realize it was a requirement before appointment. I received a letter for T/O temp position and it says to bring CDL or at a minimum your CDL learner's permit which I do not have at this point. TIA

I haven’t seen or heard anything about this. Just a regular drivers license is necessary. 

5 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

That’s for the bus operators, I do not remember reading that for TO’s

1 minute ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

That’s for the bus operators, I do not remember reading that for TO’s

Just a little more info for everyone... according to the proposed answer key I got 2 wrong. The letter I received for temp position (T/O yard) states I am list # 1XX. And on that letter it lists several things required for the position one of which is verification of CDL class B or at a minimum a learner's permit for CDL class B.

2 minutes ago, njbk said:

Weird. Mine definitely does not say that, and it’s also for TO (Yard). 

Question: will i ONLY be operating in the yard until permanent?

Does your letter have 5 bulleted items under the requirements?

6 minutes ago, njbk said:

It has 4, and the first is “a valid drivers license.” I’m almost positive you don’t need a CDL to be a TO. 

That is weird. On my letter the first listed is "original SS card". Maybe they just used a B/O letter template? I definitely didn't take the B/O exam and don't recall that the NOE stated CDL was required. 

I just recently went to 180 Livingston for my conductor OPA and just this week I received the letter for temp position for T/O. Should I concentrate more on conductor (knowing myself I'm OK with study material but getting terminated for not getting 100% on certain T/O exams has me a little worried.)

7 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

That is weird. On my letter the first listed is "original SS card". Maybe they just used a B/O letter template? I definitely didn't take the B/O exam and don't recall that the NOE stated CDL was required. 

I just recently went to 180 Livingston for my conductor OPA and just this week I received the letter for temp position for T/O. Should I concentrate more on conductor (knowing myself I'm OK with study material but getting terminated for not getting 100% on certain T/O exams has me a little worried.)

I was going to say this, they probably just put the wrong template. My letter also has a few typos. 

Thats a decision im not able to really answer, but both jobs require passing that test 100% don’t they? Only one starts off at 34 an hour. 

7 minutes ago, njbk said:

I was going to say this, they probably just put the wrong template. My letter also has a few typos. 

Thats a decision im not able to really answer, but both jobs require passing that test 100% don’t they? Only one starts off at 34 an hour. 

Conductor has to take the signals test as well?

1 hour ago, njbk said:

Weird. Mine definitely does not say that, and it’s also for TO (Yard). 

Question: will i ONLY be operating in the yard until permanent?

T/O(Yard) is only a pay rate, basically a trainee. Nothing to do with your status as an employee.

27 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Conductor has to take the signals test as well?

Yes, at least when I was one. I remember it was multiple choice and no less than 80% to pass. Train Operators is written out and 100% to pass.

Should I get my hopes up? I took the test and got a 86.6666667, I got 8 wrong but this must be record time that potential (provisional or not) candidates are being called in already with no official list having even been established as of yet. 

Crazy really is the word 

14 minutes ago, Tricknologist said:

T/O(Yard) is only a pay rate, basically a trainee. Nothing to do with your status as an employee.

Yes, at least when I was one. I remember it was multiple choice and no less than 80% to pass. Train Operators is written out and 100% to pass.

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

32 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

Wow guys I'm pretty bummed out.  It's GREAT to hear some of you getting letters in the mail. 
But  I haven't gotten any.  :(
I got a 93/94 as I remembered.   
I suppose they don't go down the list in order of Scores??

Yes it goes by scores. Just be patient. Youll get called at some point with those scores.

1 minute ago, njbk said:

Yeah man. If people are getting called in this early they must really need a lot of people. 

I had heard last few tests people were still called even with scores in 70s. I think if you scored 85 or higher within 3 years you will be called.