ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

10 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So if you reject it you are still kept on the list and moved to the next class?

Yup that’s exactly what it says! It has a check mark box for rejecting the appointment then it says to mail it back to stay on the list. Failure to respond will result in your name being taken off the list. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Most likely yes, but I’m not 100 percent sure. I don’t see the reason why they wouldn’t let you go to the next class if you got cold feet for the current one.

2. I see nowhere on my letter saying CDL is required. If that’s true, you know how many people would be eliminated lol. But that’s not true anyways. 

3. Can’t comment on that because I don’t know lol 

11 minutes ago, Settlon said:

I have a few questions:

• If I attend pre-employment and the time comes for me to get employed, is it possible to defer to attend a different class in the future?
  • On the pre-employment letter, it states that a CDL is required for TO position. I do not recall this being true. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Can anyone also comment on the level of difficultly in regards to school car for this position? It's a little nerve wracking knowing that taking this responsibility can leave you jobless.

1. Most likely yes, but I’m not 100 percent sure. I don’t see the reason why they wouldn’t let you go to the next class if you got cold feet for the current one.

2. I see nowhere on my letter saying CDL is required. If that’s true, you know how many people would be eliminated lol. But that’s not true anyways. 

3. Can’t comment on that because I don’t know lol

9 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

3. Can’t comment on that because I don’t know lol

Ok Cool definitely has to be a copy-paste typo on my TO letter.

Because it states the following:

Verification of a Commercial Driver's License Class B with passenger endorsement and no restrictions, or, at a minimum, a Learner's Permit for a Commercial Driver's License Class B with passenger endorsement and no restrictions, (if you have a Driver's License and a CDL Permit please bring both the Driver's License and CDL Permit);

I have pre-employment scheduled for Wednesday but was definitely not expecting this list to move at more than twice the speed than that of the C/R 6601 exam. Was aiming for a 2019 start. So now I'm in a situation where I'm not sure what to do. I have vacations I want to fulfill this year lol

**P.S. I'm assuming it says temporary title due to the fact there is a 1 year probationary period?**

Edited by Settlon
Added a P.S.

That must be a typo. Mine does not say anything about a CDL and more importantly neither does the NOE for the exam.

My letter asked me to come in this past Thursday but I am out of town. They told me I could come in on Friday for pre-employment, would I still have a shot at the May 29th class?

6 minutes ago, njbk said:

That must be a typo. Mine does not say anything about a CDL and more importantly neither does the NOE for the exam.

My letter asked me to come in this past Thursday but I am out of town. They told me I could come in on Friday for pre-employment, would I still have a shot at the May 29th class?

Yes you should still have a shot at the 29th class. Their drug test comes back quick. They said 72 hr turnaround for the test

36 minutes ago, Settlon said:

Ok Cool definitely has to be a copy-paste typo on my TO letter.

Because it states the following:

I have pre-employment scheduled for Wednesday but was definitely not expecting this list to move at more than twice the speed than that of the C/R 6601 exam. Was aiming for a 2019 start. So now I'm in a situation where I'm not sure what to do. I have vacations I want to fulfill this year lol

**P.S. I'm assuming it says temporary title due to the fact there is a 1 year probationary period?**

Yes definitely a typo, that’s for the bus operator. Temporary is for the probationary period.

Something I just thought about that I am now really worried about:

In 2006 while in college I received a ticket for drinking in a public place. I was at a party and had a beer in my hand and stepped off the porch onto a sidewalk where a cop saw me and gave me a ticket. I paid the ticket and that was it. This was a municipal level offense that was adjudicated and paid in municipal court. In 2009, a police officer gave me a ticket for drinking in public when he drove up on me and a group of friends, some of whom were drinking. This ticket was DISMISSED by the judge after the cop admitted to the municipal prosecutor that I did not have a drink in my hand. I have 0 other criminal/drug/alcohol related things on my record.

Is this going to hold me back?

1 hour ago, Jeytrain said:

Thanks. In other words I shouldn't even waste my time. Thank God I have a great job now.

You cant have more than 4.. however Dmv updates their system every Jan 1. Hope that u have something coming off at the beginning of next yr the earliest so u can have a shot.

34 minutes ago, 2nice said:

You cant have more than 4.. however Dmv updates their system every Jan 1. Hope that u have something coming off at the beginning of next yr the earliest so u can have a shot.

Thanks. I will call in tomorrow (MTA) and see if a point reduction course can save me at this point bringing me down to just 1 point. The violation happened this past October and would not clear until another four years. Sucks. But its life.

6 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Any T/O's in the know here who can point to why they're hiring provisionals? Is A Division scarce of T/O's or something?

During preemployment they said they are short on T/Os and couldn’t fill their numbers from the last list.

10 hours ago, BlueHefna said:

I mean if you do send in the letter, just call up when you can and they will reinstate you.  Some people feel more comfortable doing it that way.  

They said when the official list is released canvass letters will be sent starting from the top of the list starting from #1. IIRC you can decline up to 3 times and this temp position would not count as one of the 3 since the canvassing was not from the official list.

10 hours ago, Jeytrain said:

Thanks. I will call in tomorrow (MTA) and see if a point reduction course can save me at this point bringing me down to just 1 point. The violation happened this past October and would not clear until another four years. Sucks. But its life.

Point reduction courses won’t help. 

26 minutes ago, 2nice said:

Point reduction courses won’t help. 

You're right. Just called in they said the course won't help but the points only matter if you're applying for B/O. Now I don't know what to do. Guess I will just go in and play my luck.

16 minutes ago, Jeytrain said:

You're right. Just called in they said the course won't help but the points only matter if you're applying for B/O. Now I don't know what to do. Guess I will just go in and play my luck.

Good luck!!!!

7 minutes ago, njbk said:

So just to be clear from those that already went for pre-employment: if we ignore this letter and just wait until July we will just be able to go in then with no problem?

Bro! You don’t ignore the letter. At the bottom of the letter there is a section that you gotta check mark and mail it back to them. If you ignore the letter then you get taken off the list.