Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 10/3/2018

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Message added by SevenEleven

I noticed someone mentioned sleep apnea regarding the pre-employment. How can they test that? What are they looking for? Some sleep apnea isnt bad.

15 minutes ago, thenyteowl said:

I noticed someone mentioned sleep apnea regarding the pre-employment. How can they test that? What are they looking for? Some sleep apnea isnt bad.

They measure your neck and bmi, ask a series of questions, then make an assessment.

Go see your doctor and get tested before THEIR doctor tests you.  Get all forms needed to say you are fully capable of doing the job.

2 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

They measure your neck and bmi, ask a series of questions, then make an assessment.

Go see your doctor and get tested before THEIR doctor tests you.  Get all forms needed to say you are fully capable of doing the job.

Wasn't sure that was going to be an issue. My doc never diagnosed me with sleep apnea but I do snore. Sooooo many hurdles.

Are we going to do the Medical on the day of pre employment or will you be asked to come at a later date to do the Medical?

2 hours ago, thenyteowl said:

Wasn't sure that was going to be an issue. My doc never diagnosed me with sleep apnea but I do snore. Sooooo many hurdles.

What you share with Transit is your decision regarding medical issues, but most of these physicians at the MAC been around long enough to eyeball problems that might arise.

1 hour ago, Physcoles said:

Are we going to do the Medical on the day of pre employment or will you be asked to come at a later date to do the Medical?

Pre-employment is in my experience always the drug and alcohol test and qualifying prelimary paperwork.

9 hours ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Just dress Business casual, they not strict.

7 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I did not witness anyone being sent home. I saw the same guys waiting hat went into drug testing and they wore black jeans with polo shirt not tucked in. Now it’s up to you if you want to dress similar to just present yourself nicely.

Got it 👌🏾

4 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Day one is the urine sample and if you are contacted back to come back in, it will be for medical.

36 minutes ago, BlueHefna said:

Day one is the urine sample and if you are contacted back to come back in, it will be for medical.

Kool thanks

On 5/14/2018 at 7:30 PM, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Any T/O's in the know here who can point to why they're hiring provisionals? Is A Division scarce of T/O's or something?

They NEED bodies......

Promotions terminations restrictions retirements you name it...

On 5/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, needajob said:

For those Smartypants who are getting hired throw some study materials our ways like signals and stuff so we can start preparing while we wait if yall don't mind... thank you!!

NO....

They will only help you fail  if they do that everything is different..

Schoolcar  follows a curriculum but it varies.

Wait your Turn is my best advice.

15 hours ago, Dave2836 said:

The down side is IF you do have it you will be Put on Medical Hold Until you get the machine..

Then every six months for the rest of your Career you are subject to the MAC center for compliance.

Good Luck to those starting on the 29th Hope to see some of y'all over here in the B Div....

We NEED Backup badly LOL...

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Good Luck to those starting on the 29th Hope to see some of y'all over here in the B Div....

We NEED Backup badly LOL...

Happy to hear this because B is where i want to go!! In your opinion do you think they will have more than one class before the list is published?

I guess the may class is full because they informed everyone about the June class, she said June 3rd (Sunday), but I think she meant June 4th(Monday)

Posted (edited)

Even if you have parking tickets, u can’t take the drug test. I went to fight a parking ticket at 210 Joralemon st and it got dismissed real quick. Make sure you guys take care of them if you got them.

Edited by thatdudenixk17

1 hour ago, njbk said:

Happy to hear this because B is where i want to go!! In your opinion do you think they will have more than one class before the list is published?

My guess is Yes....

2 hours ago, Rush1982 said:

Hi, where is schoolcar located?  

Depends on where you go....

Schoolcar is all over the system..

Is it true with the new tier 6 we will be in its 30yrs of service or 60 yrs of age in order to retire? If true, that sucks

10 minutes ago, Physcoles said:

Is it true with the new tier 6 we will be in its 30yrs of service or 60 yrs of age in order to retire? If true, that sucks

Sadly Yes...

Thank the Gov for that Nonsense.. :(

Wait what? I thought it was 25/55???

Just now, njbk said:

It is..

For those already down here Like Myself..

Anyone else hired i think within the last three years..

Tier Six...

Damn that sucks. I thought that was for new hires too. 

3 minutes ago, njbk said:

i got hired in dec 2016. my pension plan is tier 6 25/55 but i guess they changed that in 2017.