ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, kazz said:

Its good news that they are calling people. Congrats. Any info on whats in the packet you have to fill out?

Same crap that you filled in the first time lol 

employment history 

school education

where you live at

On 5/12/2018 at 10:13 AM, njbk said:

I can cover mine with long sleeve as well. I’m more curious about when I’m actually on the job (if i get in) i.e. can i wear short sleeve shirts in summertime even though i have a lot of tattoos. 

you will fine! the are plenty of people with sleeves and the big ear lope piercings 

3 hours ago, njbk said:

What’s the vacation progression? Like how many weeks vacation and what are the increases?

Start off with 1 week, and that one week comes after 6 months i believe...

when i started i took my vacation in my 10th month there.

I been there for 3 years now and i get 2 weeks! In January i will be at 4weeks

i forgot row long you have to be there before you get 5 weeks!

How accurate do i need to be on this initial pre employment sheet? I don’t remember exact dates of every place i worked if I’m off by a month or so is that a big deal?

Edited by njbk

Hello everyone,

I was in last week thursday 5/10 for the pre employment interview for the provisional train op position ( i was supposed to go in 5/11 but I had something to do that day so they allowed me to come in a day early). Anyway, did the drug test, filled the forms out, and was asked to fax in a copy of my diploma which I did. Still didnt hear anything back from them though it seemed like they really wanted to fill that 5/29 class. My list number is low 100's so Im starting to wonder what can be the cause of the delay considering they told me I should have heard by Monday or Tuesday this week. Did anyone from last weeks pre employment interview get calls yet for their medicals?

4 minutes ago, Tabed1217 said:

Hello everyone,

I was in last week thursday 5/10 for the pre employment interview for the provisional train op position ( i was supposed to go in 5/11 but I had something to do that day so they allowed me to come in a day early). Anyway, did the drug test, filled the forms out, and was asked to fax in a copy of my diploma which I did. Still didnt hear anything back from them though it seemed like they really wanted to fill that 5/29 class. My list number is low 100's so Im starting to wonder what can be the cause of the delay considering they told me I should have heard by Monday or Tuesday this week. Did anyone from last weeks pre employment interview get calls yet for their medicals?

I’m waiting for a call also to do medical. I’m in the low 100s.

18 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

I’m waiting for a call also to do medical. I’m in the low 100s.

Did you go in last Friday as well? I like the first class for 5/29 of 60 people might have been filled so I'm guessing they will now be calling for June's class 

I am trying to decide if i should go for pre employment tomorrow. I obviously am dying to get on the job but starting in July would be ideal and I’m worried if i go tomorrow they will force me to start in June class. 

Edited by njbk

13 minutes ago, Tabed1217 said:

Did you go in last Friday as well? I like the first class for 5/29 of 60 people might have been filled so I'm guessing they will now be calling for June's class 

Yeah, I went last Friday and did the urine test also. 

9 minutes ago, njbk said:

I am trying to decide if i should go for pre employment tomorrow. I obviously am dying to get on the job but starting in July would be ideal and I’m worried if i go tomorrow they will force me to start in June class. 

I've heard that you can push your start date back, but I'm not too sure if it's true and how it works. I did my pre employment already for Conductor and was told I was going to start on the June 4th class, but I won't be able to start on that date due to school obligations so I'm hoping I can push it to July.

Would it be possible if you could find out if you could push back your start date without taking for name off the list for the both of us if y9u decide to go tomorrow? Lol.