ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Is there a procedure whereby the qualifications can be set to extend past the filing date upon an applicant's request? Meaning, you had your qualification requirements satisfied after the filing period expired but they give you an application to ask for waiving the deadline until the date you actually are called in?

I highly doubt it, especially with the large number of people expected to apply. Sorry...

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do you provide your work history and license number? I did the online application and it only asked for basic demographics and my social #. And my payment info of course. Is there a follow up?

On the second page of the Notice of Examination, the second paragraph indicates that "You will be required to indicate if you met the education, experience and license requirements on the date that you are scheduled to take the multiple-choice test."

On the second page of the Notice of Examination, the second paragraph indicates that "You will be required to indicate if you met the education, experience and license requirements on the date that you are scheduled to take the multiple-choice test."

Ahh yes I see that now.  I thought I read it all carefully but I see I'm going to have to re-read this document.  Thanks again.

HI all. not sure if this is the place to post this type of question, I apologize in advance if so.

But I applied to the MTA TRAIN OPERATOR position and

1)  how long does it usually take for them to call me back for an exam?  I've read around May 2017.

and

2)  Where can I buy a study book with test questions relating to the test that I will take in May?

Thanks so much!
TJ

HI all. not sure if this is the place to post this type of question, I apologize in advance if so.

But I applied to the MTA TRAIN OPERATOR position and

1)  how long does it usually take for them to call me back for an exam?  I've read around May 2017.

and

2)  Where can I buy a study book with test questions relating to the test that I will take in May?

Thanks so much!

TJ

Honestly there really isn't anything to study for. If it is anything like the last open competitive it is nothing more than basic reading comprehension and math.

When the exam date approaches you"ll get the notice in the mail for the location and time to report for the test. If you pass expect a 3-8yr wait to get hired. I scored a 98 and waited 3yrs for NYCT to reach my list number. The wait is do to promotional being hired first for T/O so you have to wait.

Honestly there really isn't anything to study for. If it is anything like the last open competitive it is nothing more than basic reading comprehension and math.

With that said, you can always go to your local public library, pick up a few reading comprehension booklets and start tackling those passages. That's what I did in order to prepare for the last civil service exam I took, and, although I haven't gotten my results back, I personally think it helped...

I would love the opportunity to go to schoolcar but in 6-8 years time, who knows what/where i am/doing.  :(

Lol..imagine having been waiting for this test for almost 2 years only to find out that you're disqualified because you don't have a stupid driver license (something previous tests didn't require). That's another 15-16 years for the next opportunity to get to schoolcar. It's insanity I tell ye :(

Hey guys, does anyone know if they request the last 5 years, or lifetime driving records?

for reference - There was an accident that was my fault 13 years ago, and a speeding ticket like 10 years ago, and I'm wondering if that would put me in the thanks-but-no-thanks pile before I spend moneydollars on this. Thanks. 

Lol..imagine having been waiting for this test for almost 2 years only to find out that you're disqualified because you don't have a stupid driver license (something previous tests didn't require). That's another 15-16 years for the next opportunity to get to schoolcar. It's insanity I tell ye :(

Dude you should of got your license when you were first eligible.

Got my permit when I was 16 yrs old & license at 17. This was 15yrs ago.

At that age, first thing you do is get your license lol...

Hey guys, does anyone know if they request the last 5 years, or lifetime driving records?

for reference - There was an accident that was my fault 13 years ago, and a speeding ticket like 10 years ago, and I'm wondering if that would put me in the thanks-but-no-thanks pile before I spend moneydollars on this. Thanks.

When you start the hiring process they will give you a 40 page background booklet to fill out. It will have all the instructions you need. Follow them.

As far as your driving record info yes you will have to list EVERYTHING. Even if you don't remember the date still list the infraction and result.

I was just about to fork over the $82 fee till I read the NOE and it states I need a valid NYS DL, but further down it says that being a New York State resident isn't required?   Makes no sense. 

I took the #6601 and was planning to take this one as well, I live in NJ with an NJ DL but the NYS DL requirement disqualifies me, although I don't have to be a NYS resident to apply.  lol  oh well. 

I was just about to fork over the $82 fee till I read the NOE and it states I need a valid NYS DL, but further down it says that being a New York State resident isn't required?   Makes no sense. 

I took the #6601 and was planning to take this one as well, I live in NJ with an NJ DL but the NYS DL requirement disqualifies me, although I don't have to be a NYS resident to apply.  lol  oh well. 

It says valid License  in NYS so it can be any state issued One.

This is exactly how they plan to limit the pool of candidates. You have to read the NOE carefully. No one seems to be doing that. It states a license valid in NYS. It doesn't say you have to have a NYS license. In your case you have a valid NJ license that will allow you to drive in NYS. You've meet that requirement. Read carefully because you'll cost yourself a great opportunity.

This is exactly how they plan to limit the pool of candidates. You have to read the NOE carefully. No one seems to be doing that. It states a license valid in NYS. It doesn't say you have to have a NYS license. In your case you have a valid NJ license that will allow you to drive in NYS. You've meet that requirement. Read carefully because you'll cost yourself a great opportunity.

Having a Drivers Licence  will definitely Slim the pool of candidates and then you have  those "Assessments"...  <_<  <_<  <_<