ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

I hope it just means no more provisional classes but the rest are perm classes. Here's to hoping!

I’m in school car now and one of the TSS said they're planning on trying to bring in 60 people each month for at least the rest of this year. My assumption is that after this it will all be permanent classes. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Djx said:

Once the list officially drops it won’t be provisional anymore, it’ll be permanent. The list is supposed to come out June/July. 

Might be awhile before It drops. Transit is aware that they messed up on some people’s grading in a particular session. They are gonna re-grade that session and send everyone new scores. I can’t see them releasing a list knowing of this issue. It’ll only affect a handful of people though.

Edited by 2nice

3 hours ago, Djx said:

But they did say to look out for an email for the medical between 3-90 days. I would hope that they don’t leave us hanging. 

When I was there for PE there was a guy who said he was only back for the drug test again. So it does indeed happen. 

1 hour ago, Sr18 said:

I’m in school car now and one of the TSS said they're planning on trying to bring in 60 people each month for at least the rest of this year. My assumption is that after this it will all be permanent classes. 

Whew...that's good! I got my info from a conductor that lives in my apartment building. 

5 hours ago, 2nice said:

Might be awhile before It drops. Transit is aware that they messed up on some people’s grading in a particular session. They are gonna re-grade that session and send everyone new scores. I can’t see them releasing a list knowing of this issue. It’ll only affect a handful of people though.

A few ppl ? Or a whole test session ? How many ppl were there per session? Couple of thousand maybe? 

41 minutes ago, Physcoles said:

From the website for the boots we have to order, anyone have any recommendations on which boots are most comfortable?

In another thread someone said the catepillars are the most comfortable. I went with the Timberlands since I already own some, so I'm hoping there isn't a major difference between the regular boots and steel toe.

I don't know what kind of bag to get though since the green paper says no backpacks or bags with wheels and that confuses me because I see employees with both daily as I live near a subway terminal. 

3 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

In another thread someone said the catepillars are the most comfortable. I went with the Timberlands since I already own some, so I'm hoping there isn't a major difference between the regular boots and steel toe.

I don't know what kind of bag to get though since the green paper says no backpacks or bags with wheels and that confuses me because I see employees with both daily as I live near a subway terminal. 

Yea those steel toe tims looks like they weigh a lot 

1 hour ago, Budryan2504 said:

Anyone know when the next batch of medical emails will be going out for the August class? 

That’s what everybody who hasn’t gotten the medical email is wondering. I would imagine that we’d get it by the end of July at the latest.

For all the members who have went through the final processing - How much does the money order payable to DCAS need to be? I think I read somewhere that it was $89. $80 for fingerprinting and $9 for the Constitutional Oath.
Can anybody confirm?

17 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

A few ppl ? Or a whole test session ? How many ppl were there per session? Couple of thousand maybe? 

There were a couple thousand people per session. But it’s only for that one session. And it will only affect some people in a session. For example if mta states the correct answer was A when it was really supposed to be D. Those who put A got credit when it should have been wrong. Those that put D got it incorrect when it should have been right. If u put b or c it was wrong anyway. So pretty much those people that got their question right score will increase, if u got it wrong but had chosen the answer they put that was supposedly right, your score will decrease. Those people that chose the answers that was wrong that weren’t affected scores will remain the same. Hope u understand what I mean lol. Tried to explain this as best as possible. But MTA for sure messed up on the exam. They told me personally and it confirms with my answer key and someone else in this group that got 100 but received an incorrect score.

3 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

That’s what everybody who hasn’t gotten the medical email is wondering. I would imagine that we’d get it by the end of July at the latest.

Yeah of course, reason I’m asking is based on the numbers reported here I should 100% be in the next batch.  I was just trying to get a better timeframe estimate.  Sooner the better lol

21 minutes ago, Budryan2504 said:

Yeah of course, reason I’m asking is based on the numbers reported here I should 100% be in the next batch.  I was just trying to get a better timeframe estimate.  Sooner the better lol

Lol yeah, i feel you. What’s your list# range?

36 minutes ago, Yo0910 said:

Does anyone know how long the list will be up? And are they guaranteed to call every number or once the list expires, everyone who hasn’t gotten called missed out?

I've heard its good for 4 years unless they renew it like they did the most recent list. I've also heard they usually call up to 4000s before 4 years is up. I'm not sure how accurate that is though.

15 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

I've heard its good for 4 years unless they renew it like they did the most recent list. I've also heard they usually call up to 4000s before 4 years is up. I'm not sure how accurate that is though.

So anything past 4000 won’t get called once the list is up?

6 hours ago, 2nice said:

There were a couple thousand people per session. But it’s only for that one session. And it will only affect some people in a session. For example if mta states the correct answer was A when it was really supposed to be D. Those who put A got credit when it should have been wrong. Those that put D got it incorrect when it should have been right. If u put b or c it was wrong anyway. So pretty much those people that got their question right score will increase, if u got it wrong but had chosen the answer they put that was supposedly right, your score will decrease. Those people that chose the answers that was wrong that weren’t affected scores will remain the same. Hope u understand what I mean lol. Tried to explain this as best as possible. But MTA for sure messed up on the exam. They told me personally and it confirms with my answer key and someone else in this group that got 100 but received an incorrect score.

Ok got you,  funny thing is I remember on my answer key, I counted ,m6 wrong, but when they sent me my list number I had a score of 5 wrong. Could that mean one of the answers I originally though I had gotten wrong was protested ? So it might have had two “right” answers?  This was a different session btw.

2 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Ok got you,  funny thing is I remember on my answer key, I counted ,m6 wrong, but when they sent me my list number I had a score of 5 wrong. Could that mean one of the answers I originally though I had gotten wrong was protested ? So it might have had two “right” answers?  This was a different session btw.

It could go both ways, you could have 6 wrong like you originally thought, you just have to wait and see

22 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I’ve worn Cat steel toes in my previous job and although the boot itself was comfortable, the steel toe made my toes ache after half a day. I went with the Timberland oxfords alloy toe as they are highly rated on Amazon and Zappos and most other websites that sell them. Me personally I will purchase additional footwear once we are informed of what is allowed (besides being black in color) and what isn’t. Can’t be wearing the same pair of shoes 8 hours a day 5 times a week. 

8 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

For all the members who have went through the final processing - How much does the money order payable to DCAS need to be? I think I read somewhere that it was $89. $80 for fingerprinting and $9 for the Constitutional Oath.
Can anybody confirm?

Money order is $87.