ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

Ok got you,  funny thing is I remember on my answer key, I counted ,m6 wrong, but when they sent me my list number I had a score of 5 wrong. Could that mean one of the answers I originally though I had gotten wrong was protested ? So it might have had two “right” answers?  This was a different session btw.

Could mean u made a mistake and really had 5 wrong instead of 6. Or u really had 6 wrong and they messed up on the grading and gave u credit for an extra answer. But either way, MTA for sure knows that there was an issue and They’ll def have to fix w.e it is before they drop a list. As I said before, it won’t affect everyone’s score just a handful of people. 

1 hour ago, 2nice said:

Could mean u made a mistake and really had 5 wrong instead of 6. Or u really had 6 wrong and they messed up on the grading and gave u credit for an extra answer. But either way, MTA for sure knows that there was an issue and They’ll def have to fix w.e it is before they drop a list. As I said before, it won’t affect everyone’s score just a handful of people. 

Wouldn’t it affect everyone? For instance if the whole class either gets and extra point they’ll move forward a score and bump people down and the other way around if they got it wrong the folks behind him will get bumped up. 

Another factor would be on how they place tie breakers, they use your social to place you someone with the same score. Someone that was 300 could possibly get pushed to 400-500 now depending on how many scores gets changed and their last 4 digits of their social and again could make and break someone’s placement on this exam depending on their scores.

12 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Wouldn’t it affect everyone? For instance if the whole class either gets and extra point they’ll move forward a score and bump people down and the other way around if they got it wrong the folks behind him will get bumped up. 

Another factor would be on how they place tie breakers, they use your social to place you someone with the same score. Someone that was 300 could possibly get pushed to 400-500 now depending on how many scores gets changed and their last 4 digits of their social and again could make and break someone’s placement on this exam depending on their scores.

In terms of the list, it will affect it. But I doubt by much. Tbh it probably wouldn’t even be noticable. A person could have done really bad in the exam, their score gets adjusted, it doesn’t affect anything lol. You will have people that move up and down the list but for those who’s scores were graded properly, I’m pretty sure they are safe

On 6/16/2018 at 11:26 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

In another thread someone said the catepillars are the most comfortable. I went with the Timberlands since I already own some, so I'm hoping there isn't a major difference between the regular boots and steel toe.

I don't know what kind of bag to get though since the green paper says no backpacks or bags with wheels and that confuses me because I see employees with both daily as I live near a subway terminal. 

Being a T/O, we aren’t allowed to wear steel toe boots. If you ordered them from the transit website, I have no idea how they let you. If you bought them personally, then good luck. They aren’t allowed to be worn by T/O’s

13 hours ago, apokeguy said:

I’ve worn Cat steel toes in my previous job and although the boot itself was comfortable, the steel toe made my toes ache after half a day. I went with the Timberland oxfords alloy toe as they are highly rated on Amazon and Zappos and most other websites that sell them. Me personally I will purchase additional footwear once we are informed of what is allowed (besides being black in color) and what isn’t. Can’t be wearing the same pair of shoes 8 hours a day 5 times a week. 

Transit will issue you footwear, that’s their policy. Only way to purchase your own footwear is to have a dr sign a form and give a reason for the other footwear. You will still have to abide by transits rules when it pertains to footwear and they will be signed off by transit as well. They have certain specs. You will show up to the first few days with whatever you have and before the week is over(generally), you will be getting the transit footwear. My suggestion, get the Dr’s lines as soon as you can. Only problem with that is, good luck getting to 130 Livingston when you are in school car. Best bet is to have the form and boots/shoes, with the original box and receipt on the days you have scheduled for 130 Livingston. Other then that, you really won’t have time during school car days. They close at 4pm I believe and it’ll be difficult to make it there by then and have them approved. PS, don’t go to the medical and say you need a certain boot/shoe. You will be placed on medical hold. Wait until you’ve gotten your transit pair and work it out from there. Good luck 

19 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Being a T/O, we aren’t allowed to wear steel toe boots. If you ordered them from the transit website, I have no idea how they let you. If you bought them personally, then good luck. They aren’t allowed to be worn by T/O’s

Steel toe boots are allowed, any protective toe is allowed.

10 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Transit will issue you footwear, that’s their policy. Only way to purchase your own footwear is to have a dr sign a form and give a reason for the other footwear. You will still have to abide by transits rules when it pertains to footwear and they will be signed off by transit as well. They have certain specs. You will show up to the first few days with whatever you have and before the week is over(generally), you will be getting the transit footwear. My suggestion, get the Dr’s lines as soon as you can. Only problem with that is, good luck getting to 130 Livingston when you are in school car. Best bet is to have the form and boots/shoes, with the original box and receipt on the days you have scheduled for 130 Livingston. Other then that, you really won’t have time during school car days. They close at 4pm I believe and it’ll be difficult to make it there by then and have them approved. PS, don’t go to the medical and say you need a certain boot/shoe. You will be placed on medical hold. Wait until you’ve gotten your transit pair and work it out from there. Good luck 

No Doc lines have been needed for your own pair for at least a year. All you had to do if you didn't want their pair is to buy based on what they allow, take it to the Safety Unit to be approved and get a partial reimbursement.

Edited by Tricknologist

12 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

That includes the $9 fee for Constitutional Oath?

I assume so.  That was the amount we were instructed to bring and that is all I brought... money order for $87.  And when I was sworn in I did not pay any additional fees. 

25 minutes ago, Tricknologist said:

No Doc lines have been needed for your own pair for at least a year. All you had to do if you didn't want their pair is to buy based on what they allow, take it to the Safety Unit to be approved and get a partial reimbursement.

So what is the required footwear for T/O on a regular day? When I was on the website the only products available to order were all safety toe shoes.  Is the safety toe shoes just needed during training/school car?

8 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

So what is the required footwear for T/O on a regular day? When I was on the website the only products available to order were all safety toe shoes.  Is the safety toe shoes just needed during training/school car?

Safety shoes are part of your uniform/personal protective equipment. If you don't have them on when you report to work, you'll be sent home.

2 hours ago, Tricknologist said:

That was rescinded like three months ago! Dr’s lines are completely needed starting in Oct 2018! And if you think steel toe boots/shoes are allowed have fun with that. There is a certain spec followed here. Not sure if you work for transit or what, but by no means are steel toe allowed to be worn as a T/O. 

Edited by Gherigfan1

59 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

ASTM- F2413, 175/C75, EH, impact and compression. That’s the protective tie requirements. Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t think a Steele toe is not EH compliant! 

There is no difference in EH rating of steel toes and alloy/composite toes...  They all have to pass ATSM tests to be EH rated. 

I would be more worried about the soles on my shoes if they are worn, any metal particles embedded in the sole or the shoe being wet that will increase the chances of being in an electrical hazard. It’s the electricity going through you, the shoe and into the ground that will electrocute you.  

Granted composite toes have better electrical resistance the biggest advantage is that they are much lighter than steel toes. I’ve also read that composite toes are more “bulbous” than steel and alloy toes. 

Edited by apokeguy
Change

3 hours ago, Gherigfan1 said:

I got sworn in as a C/R last week (not sure if that makes a difference) but I ordered them from the NYCT vendor site and alot of the options there were steel toe safety boots.

Now I'm confused lol.

2 hours ago, Gherigfan1 said:

That was rescinded like three months ago! Dr’s lines are completely needed starting in Oct 2018! And if you think steel toe boots/shoes are allowed have fun with that. There is a certain spec followed here. Not sure if you work for transit or what, but by no means are steel toe allowed to be worn as a T/O. 

Bulletin 62-18 states the requirements for alternative footwear. Steel toes fall under the requirement. The previous footwear company offered steel toe boots for T/Os. I have purchased steel toe shoes and have had them approved by the Safety Unit. It's allowed.

Edited by Tricknologist

34 minutes ago, Tricknologist said:

Bulletin 62-18 states the requirements for alternative footwear. Steel toes fall under the requirement. The previous footwear company offered steel toe boots for T/Os. I have purchased steel toe shoes and have had them approved by the Safety Unit. It's allowed.

I know the bulletin and the revised bulletin, I also know that T/O’s have Been denied bringing steel toe boots/shoes. It’s composite toe or nothing. Are you a T/O? And the previous company didn’t offer steel toe to us. I haven’t been here long, but I’ve been through two companies, to include the store front and not one of the Boots/shoes we were offered were Steele toe. I’ve been a T/O for only 5 years and change. 

Edited by Gherigfan1

9 minutes ago, Gherigfan1 said:

I know the bulletin and the revised bulletin, I also know that T/O’s have Been denied bringing steel toe boots/shoes. It’s composite toe or nothing. Are you a T/O? And the previous company didn’t offer steel toe to us. I haven’t been here long, but I’ve been through two companies, to include the store front and not one of the Boots/shoes we were offered were Steele toe. I’ve been a T/O for only 5 years and change. 

I'm a T/O as well. The previous shoe company did offered 1 steel toe boot that we could've used; the one before that one didn't. Once upon a time it was only composite toe for RTO. Not anymore. Like I stated, I have personally bought and took a pair of steel toe shoes that met TA requirements to be approved by the Safety Unit. The same TSS that do the effiency tests are the same ones that will verify your footwear.

2 hours ago, thenyteowl said:

I wonder why they have everyone waiting like that? Guess there aren't as many positions available like we were first told. 

They processed around 1200 for preemployment, and according to other posts are around 310 for medical, with the next class being July 9th the next batch of emails for medical hopefully go out next week. 

48 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

They processed around 1200 for preemployment, and according to other posts are around 310 for medical, with the next class being July 9th the next batch of emails for medical hopefully go out next week. 

Damn, just 310.  

Looking like they want to get the July class squared away, then worry about August later. 

Im sitting at 6**, im gonna stop getting excited every time my email alert goes off😂

56 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

I didn’t hear anything from them and my list 111*