ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, sam716 said:

well, I did my PE on 5/18 and my list # is low 400's, but I haven't been called for the medical yet.

I'm guessing I will be called for the August class but most likely September if they don't call me back for the medical.

It's been 50 days since my PE and we were told to wait up to 90 days to be called in for the medical...

I did my PE on 5-17 list number 35x, no medical email as well 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2018 at 10:11 PM, sam716 said:

Were you placed on medical hold by any chance? 

Hopefully they call you soon. I'm still waiting for the medical appointment.

Does anyone know whether going by the open competetive list will slow things down for those yet to be called for medical?

Medical hold I cleared the next day. Going by the open competitive list means they have to initiate the employment process for everyone ahead of you before they get to your number. You will get called for medical when they reach you on list.

From what we were told during PE, they were so short on TO they had to start calling people in provisionally to start filling positions before the list was established. More than likely those who were hired provisionally will be made permanent by the time they start training because the list is now established.

5 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

Medical hold I cleared the next day. Going by the open competitive list means they have to initiate the employment process for everyone ahead of you before they get to your number. You will get called for medical when they reach you on list.

From what we were told during PE, they were so short on TO they had to start calling people in provisionally to start filling positions before the list was established. More than likely those who were hired provisionally will be made permanent by the time they start training because the list is now established.

Has it been established and published yet? I'm unable to search it up on the civil service data website.

19 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Was it a provisional number or a established number.

Did the letter state the list is expected to be established June/July 2018 or nah.

Actually I just looked at the letter I was sent and it gives my list number and says that my name will be placed on the eligible list once it is established. That letter was dated may 10th.  I'm guessing the list was established mid June when they stopped processing provisional candidates and told me they are following the open competitive list.

6 hours ago, njbk said:

Why don’t you just decline transit, that way you can still reinstate your name for the next 4 years if sanitation doesn’t work out?

Because I resigned from my job today. So if I do what you’re suggesting then I’ll be unemployed until the August class for sanitation 

9 hours ago, QnsLS said:

Lol. Thats what I’m leaning more towards to. Only thing is that I will have to do the TO training for about a month & then have to resign for the Sanitation August class.

Don't start the T/O training. Call them and say you want to defer for the future. Reinstate your name if you don't like sanitation. It isn't worth it to turn down the sanitation job for a provisional position. Especially when you could always reinstate your name back within the 4 years. Plus the list hasn't even been established for T/O, so the 4 year clock wont even begin yet.

8 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Don't start the T/O training. Call them and say you want to defer for the future. Reinstate your name if you don't like sanitation. It isn't worth it to turn down the sanitation job for a provisional position. Especially when you could always reinstate your name back within the 4 years. Plus the list hasn't even been established for T/O, so the 4 year clock wont even begin yet.

I guess you guys are right about deferring for a future date.. good thing I have some money saved up to hold me down for that month. 

Thanks.. appreciate the advice

On 7/1/2018 at 2:07 AM, HouseBARNES said:

No, nothing at all. Patiently waiting.

Yup, I’m sitting at 11xx’s. We prob won’t hear anything until sometime next year, just a guess.

1-300 - just for prov.

200-500 start of first OC class

400-700- 2nd class

600-900 3rd

800-1100 4th

I’m estimating/give or take a hundred for folks that defer they’ll end up in the next class first, or some get disqual. that may push some folks up the line. Also depends how many classes they get through in a year may change our timeframe

6 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Yup, I’m sitting at 11xx’s. We prob won’t hear anything until sometime next year, just a guess.

1-300 - just for prov.

200-500 start of first OC class

400-700- 2nd class

600-900 3rd

800-1100 4th

I’m estimating/give or take a hundred for folks that defer they’ll end up in the next class first, or some get disqual. that may push some folks up the line. Also depends how many classes they get through in a year may change our timeframe

I'm assuming this time next year for me.. but your right who knows how many people ahead will have declined the position, not respond to the letter or fail the drug test.

3 minutes ago, HouseBARNES said:

I'm assuming this time next year for me.. but your right who knows how many people ahead will have declined the position, not respond to the letter or fail the drug test.

You’d be surprised how many people fail the drug tests. As we are all aware, we get very little notice when they ask you to come in for processing. Some people will be caught unaware and be unable to “cleanse” themselves before the test.

4 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

You’d be surprised how many people fail the drug tests. As we are all aware, we get very little notice when they ask you to come in for processing. Some people will be caught unaware and be unable to “cleanse” themselves before the test.

I believe it.

My brother in law and good friend are both TO's. My brother in law they called him on a Wednesday with class starting on Monday. My friend who was a conductor at the time was called on a Friday around 2pm and told if you want to be a TO you better get down here now and again the class started on  Monday.

5 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

No I wouldn't! Canibus is becoming legal at a rapid pace for a reason. Lol. 

18 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I know the last list was renewed several times and almost everyone was called. Does anyone know how far the list before that went before it expired?

They just make the T/O training so long and difficult to pass, and the job itself so stressful, which is understandable considering how many lives a T/O is responsible for. A lot of turnover at this position from what I'm seeing. I think almost everyone will get called. 

Edited by Bmpo7

Can someone give me some advice? I've been following this thread for weeks now and I'm not sure what to make of my situation. My list number is in the 200's and I attended PE on 5/15. I was told to wait 3-90 days. I have yet to hear a single word back from anyone, yet when I read through this thread I see people who have list numbers that are double/triple what mine is getting called. I tried called 180 Livingston and they just give me typical generic responses and don't actually provide any help or reason as to why I've been skipped over. I don't mind waiting 90 days, but I feel that something is wrong. I should have been in the June or July class with a list number that low. It is very frustrating seeing people get called with list numbers that are 3x higher than mine. There's also no way that my urine test came back dirty since I am clean as a whistle. I spoke to a woman on the phone and she said the order in which you are called depends on "the way the papers were stacked". If that is true, then it is complete BS because it essentially means our list numbers and test scores mean nothing. It would mean that this is a random selection/lottery win at this point. I know that may excite some of you, but it also may worry some of you. Hopefully she is wrong and fairness prevails. Sorry to anyone with a high list number, hopefully all of you get called eventually, but to get called before people with lower numbers is BS. I really want this job!

19 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

I'm in the late 200s and completed my medical, just need fingerprinting. No email yet.

So you went for medical and didn’t sign your oath ? Were you placed on medical hold? 

20 minutes ago, OB456 said:

So you went for medical and didn’t sign your oath ? Were you placed on medical hold? 

After completing medical was told there are now following the open competitive list. Email for medical on Friday, by next Tuesday the July 9th start date for me was changed. No medical hold.

12 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

After completing medical was told there are now following the open competitive list. Email for medical on Friday, by next Tuesday the July 9th start date for me was changed. No medical hold.

Maybe the July class filled? ...idk just an assumption because I know after medical once you pass that you sign your oath the same day.