ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Daximilian said:

You always Knew that your score was Preliminary and subject to appeals. You would feel much differently if your OFFICIAL list number had gone from low 1100s to 107*. 

I’m new to this forum and my list number went  from 22**  down to 16** . 

The letter said that people may still appeal even the permanent list so I would not be surprised if my list number gets changed again.

Without going through all 77 pages of this forum could somebody give an update of where we are on the list and when they think somebody with a 16** might start to get called in or start training  ?

You went from 22** down to 16** that’s a significant jump, I went from 16** to 18** I appealed my score hopefully my score goes back down 

2 minutes ago, Colon162 said:

So im 3*** on the list realistically how long you guys think i will be waiting to get called havent been called for any labs or nothing

I haven’t even been called yet and I’m 1800 just gotta be patient and wait that’s the only thing you can do.

2 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

You went from 22** down to 16** that’s a significant jump, I went from 16** to 18** I appealed my score hopefully my score goes back down 

Your wasting your time. I'm sure ya score didn't change, your list number did because other peoples scores were adjusted. I scored a 93 and I knew it When I matched the answer key but the score they sent me was a 91 list number 1600 something. After they made the correction I went to a 93 list number 1100's. Putting me in my right place. In order for them to even look at an appeal u need valid reasoning. I'm sure u sent them a letter saying your list number was xxx and it was changed to xxx lol. They are gonna toss that so fast because they know that there was a grading error. 

29 minutes ago, 2nice said:

Your wasting your time. I'm sure ya score didn't change, your list number did because other peoples scores were adjusted. I scored a 93 and I knew it When I matched the answer key but the score they sent me was a 91 list number 1600 something. After they made the correction I went to a 93 list number 1100's. Putting me in my right place. In order for them to even look at an appeal u need valid reasoning. I'm sure u sent them a letter saying your list number was xxx and it was changed to xxx lol. They are gonna toss that so fast because they know that there was a grading error. 

Damm, you couldn’t be more wrong, nice try tho, I shoulda had a 95, after going after my answer key “finally” I realized that, I was content with my 91 until I started actually reading this forum and seeing all these new “adjusted” scores. Was going to stay at my job cause the pay is good I been there over 11 years, but there’s no union. Got a kid on the way, gotta do what’s best for me and my family. Bless up!

My situation is a different from most people. I declined the pre-employment offer in May and sent the slip by mail (whether MTA received it or not, I don't know). Fast forward to today with the list established and public, I tried calling DCAS automated phone and the machine told me that "You are on the list". My question is, am I really, REALLY on the list? I haven't called DCAS to reinstate my list number so how am I on the list? Unless my number was reinstated automatically after the list was officially established?

I'm also on the list for 6601 C/R and the machine said that I am on the list as well. So my second question is, should I just let it go and assume that I am on the list? Because it seems like I can't reach a human on the phone for DCAS. 

Or should I be calling Ms. Vargas? I'd rather not since she gets flooded with phone calls and it goes to her voicemail every time. Should I leave a voicemail and hope she replies?

Edited by nipaaaa

8 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

My situation is a different from most people. I declined the pre-employment offer in May and sent the slip by mail (whether MTA received it or not, I don't know). Fast forward to today with the list established and public, I tried calling DCAS automated phone and the machine told me that "You are on the list". My question is, am I really, REALLY on the list? I haven't called DCAS to reinstate my list number so how am I on the list? Unless my number was reinstated automatically after the list was officially established?

I'm also on the list for 6601 C/R and the machine said that I am on the list as well. So my second question is, should I just let it go and assume that I am on the list? Because it seems like I can't reach a human on the phone for DCAS. 

Or should I calling Ms. Vargas? I'd rather not since she gets flooded with phone calls.

I would still try calling Ms Vargas. 

2 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

Or should I be calling Ms. Vargas? I'd rather not since she gets flooded with phone calls and it goes to her voicemail every time. Should I leave a voicemail and hope she replies?

Declining the PE offer doesn’t affect your status with DCAS because the offer was issued before the official list was established. That was one of the questions I asked when I went in for PE. And from the answer I was given if you do decline the PE offer, after the DCAS list is established they will canvass from the top of the list. 

9 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Declining the PE offer doesn’t affect your status with DCAS because the offer was issued before the official list was established. That was one of the questions I asked when I went in for PE. And from the answer I was given if you do decline the PE offer, after the DCAS list is established they will canvass from the top of the list. 

Just to clarify, I declined pre-employment for the provisional position.

So am I automatically back on the list because it has been officially established? I don't have to do anything to put myself back on the list? Why do I read a lot of posts about calling DCAS and "reinstating name back on list" and whatnot? I guess that only applies to post official list? Just a little confused as to how this all works. Any further explanation is gladly appreciated!

9 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

So am I automatically back on the list because it has been officially established? I don't have to do anything to put myself back on the list? Why do I read a lot of posts about calling DCAS and "reinstating name back on list" and whatnot? I guess that only applies to post official list? Just a little confused as to how this all works. Any further explanation is gladly appreciated!

Have you looked up your name on DCAS to see if you’re actually on the list? 

If not, use this link to search 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/vx8i-nprf

9 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

I was also called to go in months ago, but simply did not go to Livingston as directed in the letter. I was just at Livingston the other day for different issue, but on a whim decided that I wanted to reinstate myself on the train operator list. The lady said to me that there was no need to reinstate myself as the list had just been established. She stated that I would receive the same letter I received months ago directing me to come into Livingston again. So to the best of my knowledge, no need to do anything; they'll start calling again from the beginning again.

4 hours ago, tvega961 said:

Have you looked up your name on DCAS to see if you’re actually on the list? 

If not, use this link to search 

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/widgets/vx8i-nprf

By look up, you mean calling the automated phone line? Yes I did, it said "You are on the list"

And I do see my name on that website

Hey im new here, i called the exams unit recently they said they are waiting for trainers to let them know when they are ready to start classes then they will start calling off of the o/c list. Currently they are not calling anyone from any past or present lists promo or o/c. GL to everyone my list number is in the 15xx’s. I believe i will be called in about a year and a half the way things are looking. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I am excited anyway. 

3 hours ago, Nexdup said:

Hey im new here, i called the exams unit recently they said they are waiting for trainers to let them know when they are ready to start classes then they will start calling off of the o/c list. Currently they are not calling anyone from any past or present lists promo or o/c. GL to everyone my list number is in the 15xx’s. I believe i will be called in about a year and a half the way things are looking. 🤷🏾‍♂️ I am excited anyway. 

what is o/c?

I wonder if there are any actual employees here who have access to simething i believe is known as the chief, that updates internal employees of any scheduled classes to begin and just how many people they are looking to hire? From what i read on other threads it seemed pretty cool 😎

4 hours ago, Nexdup said:

I wonder if there are any actual employees here who have access to simething i believe is known as the chief, that updates internal employees of any scheduled classes to begin and just how many people they are looking to hire? From what i read on other threads it seemed pretty cool 😎

The chief is a news paper / online article you don’t have to be an internal an employee you just have to subscribe 

Can’t wait until this forum gets back to people actually getting called, and not this worthless chit chat.  

These alerts lately have been killing me with worthless information. 

My list number is 66*, why ask a common board member when you might get called like the would even have a clue?

stop with the dumb questions. 

Save this board for actual medical calls and drug test emails. 

42 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Can’t wait until this forum gets back to people actually getting called, and not this worthless chit chat.  

These alerts lately have been killing me with worthless information. 

My list number is 66*, why ask a common board member when you might get called like the would even have a clue?

stop with the dumb questions. 

Save this board for actual medical calls and drug test emails. 

I don’t post much but how about you turn your alerts off and f#%* off 

Let me people ask away .. what may be dumb to you it’s not for others worthless information for you may be very valuable to others so get out of here with that or go make your own forum and specify you only want people talking about “actual medical calls and drug test emails “

31 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

I don’t post much but how about you turn your alerts off and f#%* off 

Let me people ask away .. what may be dumb to you it’s not for others worthless information for you may be very valuable to others so get out of here with that or go make your own forum and specify you only want people talking about “actual medical calls and drug test emails “

If you actually read the prior post you’ll already have any information you need. 

How many times can one ask what’s 180 Livingston phone number?

what list number are the up too?

is the list established? 

Reading is fundamental, how the hell are you gonna get passed school car or off probation is your afraid too fuc**** read. 

I dont give a shit how much your post jack ass, read the damn forum. 

Then post. 

It’s  that damn simple. 

READ...........

What the hell are you not understanding???????

is that a hard request, explain why that’s too much for you? 

3 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

If you actually read the prior post you’ll already have any information you need. 

is the list established? 

Reading is fundamental, how the hell are you gonna get passed school car or off probation is your afraid too fuc**** read. 

Then post. 

It’s  that damn simple. 

READ...........

Just so you know smart ass I have posted 0 questions here 

I do read, I have and know all the info I need

I have alerts just like you but I’m not bi%@$ and whining about people asking “dumb questions”

In all for helping people and will answer a question 100 times if I have to

If this annoys your go create your own damm forum and get out of here

I responded for those that are asking questions 

Dont let this fool scare y’all into asking anything and we not going to continue this back and forth so don’t event waste your time 

10 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

is the list established? 

Then post. 

It’s  that damn simple. 

READ...........

I get that you frustrated about not being called yet, but no need for the bitchy attitude. Turn off your alerts and wait for the email from MTA. I don't see a need for animosity towards people that are just as eager as you are. To this point the thread has been very respectful, there's no need for that kind of energy. 

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I get that you frustrated about not being called yet, but no need for the bitchy attitude. Turn off your alerts and wait for the email from MTA. I don't see a need for animosity towards people that are just as eager as you are. To this point the thread has been very respectful, there's no need for that kind of energy. 

Thank you