ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kev2112 said:

Question. Should I bring a note from my md to medical stating that my BP is under control, and I have no history or symptoms of sleep apnea?

If you can I would say that’s best to. From what I’m reading the 21 page Handout will pretty much tell you to do so, you’ll need it either way to clear medical for the high BP.

16 hours ago, aferro1989 said:

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone could help me with this question since it's impossible to get Ms. Vargas on the phone. I've read through all the pages of the forum and I think this topic is touched upon, but perhaps not entirely because my question is a bit nuanced.

I think I know about the deferral process. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Once a pre-employment letter is received, if for whatever reason, a candidate wants to defer, they can choose to do so and once they are ready in the future (assuming the list is still valid), they would have to call up and have their name 'restored' to the list. Then, once hiring opens up for the next class, the MTA would go back to your list number to be called for the next new class.

Regarding my particular situation, I am unemployed now, but thinking about going to graduate school. If I go in for pre-employment and are ultimately hired and start school car, and then a few months down the road, I am accepted to graduate school, at that moment I would have to choose MTA or graduate school right? There would be no reinstating on the list, deferring, or anything like that (regardless of whether or not probationary period is met) because I would have accepted and began employment (it would be similar to leaving any other job)? Do I have this right?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck to all who are a part of this process!

Yes once you're hired, there is no reinstating, deferring or anything like that. You'll choose between school or the job.

15 hours ago, dee-bees said:

Thanks. That's what I'm worried about is someone I call leaving out some part of the process getting me screwed over. I've had enough dealings with my school loan sharks to have learned that lesson by now. What has me on edge is when I called the lady at DCAS specifically using the term "defer" from the list for a while, she said like "we don't deal with that here. You have to call the NYC Transit".

And from what I gather, I guess, if I send back the letter and check I Decline Appointment, that puts me on "deferred"? Or do I still have to actively have someone place me on a deferment? Because that's what I tried to figure out calling today and just kind of got the run around and passing the buck. Just don't want to send the letter back like that and get booted completely off the list.

The NYC Transit lady also told me I'd have to go in person to DCAS to reinstate but from what I've read through the thread it seems it can be done over the phone. Would anyone know about that also? 

Sorry for all the questions. Just nervous as this is something I've wanted for over a decade and maybe being my last chance at being able provide a stable life for my son and I, so I get insanely edgy over potentially losing the chance over something miniscule. haha

Once you mail the pre-employment letter with decline appointment checked, you'll be considered "deferred" or off the list. You don't have to do anything else but to call DCAS to put your list number back on. Yes you can also visit them in person to do this. And that's right, DCAS doesn't deal with taking your number off the list, only putting it back in.

7 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

Yes once you're hired, there is no reinstating, deferring or anything like that. You'll choose between school or the job.

Once you mail the pre-employment letter with decline appointment checked, you'll be considered "deferred" or off the list. You don't have to do anything else but to call DCAS to put your list number back on. Yes you can also visit them in person to do this. And that's right, DCAS doesn't deal with taking your number off the list, only putting it back in.

I was looking for this exact information also. Thank you!!!

8 hours ago, Imhim said:

Good morning, they said it takes 48 hrs to update your name in the system, if it’s not by 3pm today just do it Monday, you have to have the boots by the time you go to school car, not orientation. You’ll be fine, the boots are shipped priority, they get to you super fast once ordered and your size is available. Again during orientation week, you can bring your book bag or duffle but keep in mind the books and tools you will be getting are super heavy and you have to have them everyday! Look on amazon for a “Kaka” backpack. It’s real good, it’s a backpack that can store the straps when crossing tracks. You’re not allowed to have anything on your shoulders when crossing tracks. It’s like $35-$50 depending on what type you get. That’s all out of your pocket, lol

You are right, I just had to wait a little bit.  I just ordered my boots now.  They are on the way.  Im also going to look into that Kaka bag.  I appreciate the info.  Thank you very much.  

6 minutes ago, Dukeington said:

how long after the drug test do they tell you if you pass or fail and how do they reach out?

If you pass they will either call or email a date for you to come back in for the medical. I believe anywhere from 2-90 days. If you failed the urine,  I'm not too sure. I read somewhere on this forum that if you test positive for drugs they send info on drug treatment programs. After you complete the program you can take the urine test again. 

1 hour ago, NYCQuietStorm said:

You are right, I just had to wait a little bit.  I just ordered my boots now.  They are on the way.  Im also going to look into that Kaka bag.  I appreciate the info.  Thank you very much.  

Just a piece of advice in regards to the Kaka bag... especially if you get it in black. Not only will you have one but people in your class may have one, other people in your induction class may get one and countless others in transit have them. Make it so you can readily identify it when you place it down somewhere. Guys in my class (first week that they purchased it) mistakenly picked up the wrong bag thinking it was theirs. Luckily it happened amongst our own class and we were in road ops so it was on our own train but imagine it grabbing the wrong bag thinking it was yours when you’re in crew room, a CRC or elsewhere. 

29 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

Just a piece of advice in regards to the Kaka bag... especially if you get it in black. Not only will you have one but people in your class may have one, other people in your induction class may get one and countless others in transit have them. Make it so you can readily identify it when you place it down somewhere. Guys in my class (first week that they purchased it) mistakenly picked up the wrong bag thinking it was theirs. Luckily it happened amongst our own class and we were in road ops so it was on our own train but imagine it grabbing the wrong bag thinking it was yours when you’re in crew room, a CRC or elsewhere. 

That Kaka bag is very similar to a regular book bag since it has straps. What makes it much different and acceptable?

Just got email, medical November 21st being considered for the december 17th class.

Pre Employment 11/6

List Number 59x

Guess the november class is full but december is what I wanted so I can hopefully choose my Division. I want B division really bad since I live in central suffolk lol

8 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Just got email, medical November 21st being considered for the december 17th class.

Pre Employment 11/6

List Number 59x

Guess the november class is full but december is what I wanted so I can hopefully choose my Division. I want B division really bad since I live in central suffolk lol

Congrats. What’s in the subject line in the email? Want to make sure I don’t miss it. 

15 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Pre Employment 11/6

List Number 59x

I’m 66*.  3rd PE was 11/7.   

You just gave me some clarity as I’ve been confused all day. 

Congratulations to all that made the nov 26 class. 

Dec class would be perfectly fine with me. Can anybody in school car explain how you get placed in A or B division please???

My Grandfather and Pop’s are A division, I’ve been a A division buff since birth.  Do you choose or are told what division your in???

i would love to be in the A division, but if put in B I’d smile and say thank you.

just asking  

Edited by TO legacy

16 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Pre Employment 11/6

List Number 59x

Congrats and good luck

Just now, TO legacy said:

I’m 66*.  3rd PE was 11/7.   

You just gave me some clarity as I’ve been confused all day. 

Congratulations to all that made the nov 26 class. 

Dec class would be perfectly fine with me. Cant anybody in school car explain how you get placed in A or B division please???

My Grandfather and Pop’s are A division, I’ve been a A division buff since birth.  Do you choose or are told what division your in???

i would love to be in the A division, but if put in B I’d smile and say thank you.

just asking  

From what I heard, they go from lowest list number and let people chose their divisions. If a division is filled to its needs the rest are automatically placed in the remaining open division. I heard that B usually fills up first.

8 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

From what I heard, they go from lowest list number and let people chose their divisions. If a division is filled to its needs the rest are automatically placed in the remaining open division. I heard that B usually fills up first.

That would be great Medford.  

Thx for the feed back and info brother.

it completely changed from when my dad got in aug 1985. You had full choice, we lived in Long Island city by Queens Boro plaza, so he picked A to run on the 7 line.  

Either way, a TO is a TO and will adjust. 

Happy for all starting next week.  I’m excited for you 

Edited by TO legacy

1 hour ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

How did Things go today at 180? Any info to share?

Dec 17 class and another in January. Lady said both classes has 70 slots each and that she hires in quarters so she doesn't know about the schedule after that. Other than that..got in a 6:30..left at 1..and I was the first group for drug testing. 

7 minutes ago, 2nice said:

Dec 17 class and another in January. Lady said both classes has 70 slots each and that she hires in quarters so she doesn't know about the schedule after that. Other than that..got in a 6:30..left at 1..and I was the first group for drug testing. 

👍🏻 Awesome, I’m 115x seems like we’ll be towards the middle/End of year unless a bunch of deferrals or those that don’t make it.