Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

Got sworn in today for December 17th class! List #59x any one currently in school car can tell me specifics to study in this huge rule book? I have almost a month to get in some serious studying

Just enjoy your life until you start. You’ll have plenty of time for studying and learn everything you need to know in schoolcar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, njbk said:

Just enjoy your life until you start. You’ll have plenty of time for studying and learn everything you need to know in schoolcar. 

I am actually going on vacation to the west coast from the 8th-16th. Like a last hurah before MTA lockdown lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Productions27 said:

Report all violations, if it has your name on it, report it. Make sure you get a proof that the case is closed/paid. 

I just checked my abstract which was 7 dollars, nothing is on my abstract so I’m good to go, but thanks for the help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Got sworn in today for December 17th class! List #59x any one currently in school car can tell me specifics to study in this huge rule book? I have almost a month to get in some serious studying

Great news. 

Congratulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 6:29 PM, Mrhands0me said:

I just checked my abstract which was 7 dollars, nothing is on my abstract so I’m good to go, but thanks for the help 

Just because it’s not on your abstract doesn’t mean you should omit information. I got a speeding ticket in PA and doesn’t show up on my abstract, but showed up in my background investigations, but I was ok because I reported the violation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Productions27 said:

Just because it’s not on your abstract doesn’t mean you should omit information. I got a speeding ticket in PA and doesn’t show up on my abstract, but showed up in my background investigations, but I was ok because I reported the violation. 

Not that I’m trying to omit any info, it’s just that I don’t remember how far back the ticket was, I thought it was 2012 but apparently it wasn’t. Coulda been even further then that. That’s why I paid for the abstract. But there was nothing on that, maybe gotta find others means of finding that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

Not that I’m trying to omit any info, it’s just that I don’t remember how far back the ticket was, I thought it was 2012 but apparently it wasn’t. Coulda been even further then that. That’s why I paid for the abstract. But there was nothing on that, maybe gotta find others means of finding that out.

This is my issue as well. Every driving ticket or violation I’ve received does not show on my abstract. I was wondering if I can go to the dmv and maybe they can print my out my lifetime record. On the 21 page homework it does state if you can’t remember your exact offenses to make sure you state that in the extra page they give you for additional comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, Joseph Barrios said:

@LIRRMedford what list number are you and when did you go in for the initial pre screening/drug test if you dont mind me asking? I just want to know what my chances are looking like. Happy Turkey day btw.

Hey guys I'm back, hope all enjoyed your thanksgiving. And yes I said I was thankful for getting this job :P. Now to answer your question Joseph

List 59x

First PE- 5/31-Got Letter-Provisional
Second PE-9/6-Got Email-Provisional

First Medical 9/12-Got Email-Put on hold for diabetes-Provisional

Cleared Hold-9/18 Deferred the Sept 24th class-Provisional

 

Third PE 11/6-Received Letter after List was Officially Established-Permanent

Second Medical 11/21-Got Email-Permanent-Appointed/Accepted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 3:12 PM, LIRRMedford said:

Got sworn in today for December 17th class! List #59x any one currently in school car can tell me specifics to study in this huge rule book? I have almost a month to get in some serious studying

Congrats!!! You could honestly just read chapter 1 of the rule book, that's what your first quiz will be on. Honestly everything else will be school car stuff and you're gonna have time to get used to that. If you want, you can read the track components chapter in the induction manual (unit 4), it has a few pictures as well in there to get you familiar with them. (Unit 2 has definitions/terminology as well) Once you get out there it might be a bit of help, along with your LIRR knowledge depending on what position you held with them. Again congratulations and welcome!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Congrats!!! You could honestly just read chapter 1 of the rule book, that's what your first quiz will be on. Honestly everything else will be school car stuff and you're gonna have time to get used to that. If you want, you can read the track components chapter in the induction manual (unit 4), it has a few pictures as well in there to get you familiar with them. (Unit 2 has definitions/terminology as well) Once you get out there it might be a bit of help, along with your LIRR knowledge depending on what position you held with them. Again congratulations and welcome!! 

I have no knowledge as I have never been employed with any MTA agency. LIRRMedford is just my home station :P

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 3:12 PM, LIRRMedford said:

Got sworn in today for December 17th class! List #59x any one currently in school car can tell me specifics to study in this huge rule book? I have almost a month to get in some serious studying

Chapter 1 all 38 rules.

Particularly rule 30.

All of Chapter 2.  This is your life from now on.  Read this chapter every day.

Focus on 2.40m and 2.40n (this is part of your signals test)

Chapter 3.  This is your signals test.  Know your fouling point, stop sign, shop door clearance.

Chapter 9

Pay close attention to 9.02b.

Edited by Dave2836
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

I have no knowledge as I have never been employed with any MTA agency. LIRRMedford is just my home station :P

So you live right over by me 😂.   I’ll see you around! Enjoy Monday through Friday 7-3 while it lasts ha, congrats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rcabrer1 said:

Is there a specific dress code for tomorrow's appointed class?

Gray shirt, navy blue pants/khakis, if you received your boots, wear them, if not, casual shoes, no sneakers. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great blog, read every post from page 1, this is my first post.

List # - low 3xx

Received first PE letter mid-May but deferred.

Received second PE letter end of October to report 11/2 for the 11/26 class.

Completed PE and received email a few days later for the medical on 11/9.

Reported for the medical and was put on medical hold - very disappointing.

Came back on 11/16 with copies of required medical tests and a letter from my doctor and was removed from medical hold.

Was hired for the 12/17 class as the 11/26 class had filled up.

A couple of observations for those folks who will eventually go through this hiring process:

1.  The 5th floor at 180 Livingston appears very chaotic - there are dozens of people there for a variety of reasons. But there is method to the madness.  It works but requires a lot of patience on our part.  I got in at 7:00 the first day and got out around 5:30.

2.  The process is incredibly paper intensive - a complete lack of automation except for a couple of computerized medical questionnaires.  You're writing a lot of the same info over and over repeatedly.  Its just the way it is.  

3.  Don't wait for your PE letter (like I did) to get your required documents in order.  Have your drivers license, social security card, high school diploma or transcript, and birth certificate or passport ready to go.  Make sure nothing is expired and don't bring copies because they won't accept them.

4.  If you do go on medical hold, try and get it resolved quickly.  I was told to return as soon as possible because they will not hold your place in the class, just like they didn't hold mine.

One last thing, for what its worth - I was told by an HR person on the 5th floor that they call 200 people to fill 40 spots in a Train Operator class.  This is probably because, as mentioned by others, people reject the offer, can't get the required documents straightened out, fail the drug test or can't pass the medical.  For those of you with higher list numbers, my feeling is you will eventually be called probably sooner than you think, as long as the TA has need and budget.

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frazzles said:

Great blog, read every post from page 1, this is my first post.

List # - low 3xx

Received first PE letter mid-May but deferred.

Received second PE letter end of October to report 11/2 for the 11/26 class.

Completed PE and received email a few days later for the medical on 11/9.

Reported for the medical and was put on medical hold - very disappointing.

Came back on 11/16 with copies of required medical tests and a letter from my doctor and was removed from medical hold.

Was hired for the 12/17 class as the 11/26 class had filled up.

A couple of observations for those folks who will eventually go through this hiring process:

1.  The 5th floor at 180 Livingston appears very chaotic - there are dozens of people there for a variety of reasons. But there is method to the madness.  It works but requires a lot of patience on our part.  I got in at 7:00 the first day and got out around 5:30.

2.  The process is incredibly paper intensive - a complete lack of automation except for a couple of computerized medical questionnaires.  You're writing a lot of the same info over and over repeatedly.  Its just the way it is.  

3.  Don't wait for your PE letter (like I did) to get your required documents in order.  Have your drivers license, social security card, high school diploma or transcript, and birth certificate or passport ready to go.  Make sure nothing is expired and don't bring copies because they won't accept them.

4.  If you do go on medical hold, try and get it resolved quickly.  I was told to return as soon as possible because they will not hold your place in the class, just like they didn't hold mine.

One last thing, for what its worth - I was told by an HR person on the 5th floor that they call 200 people to fill 40 spots in a Train Operator class.  This is probably because, as mentioned by others, people reject the offer, can't get the required documents straightened out, fail the drug test or can't pass the medical.  For those of you with higher list numbers, my feeling is you will eventually be called probably sooner than you think, as long as the TA has need and budget.

I would just like to add one thing to this, make sure your social security card isn't damaged! I almost got sent home because of that but the Spanish dude that seems to run the show as far as pe was cool enough to let me slide but made me swear I would go replace it right away. I have my original and 2 of the letters in my name were scratched off. I went to Montague street and replaced it right away and already got my new one in the mail. So for those of you who haven't even received the pe letter yet, just make sure to get your documents in order starting now! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frazzles said:

Great blog, read every post from page 1, this is my first post.

List # - low 3xx

Received first PE letter mid-May but deferred.

Received second PE letter end of October to report 11/2 for the 11/26 class.

Completed PE and received email a few days later for the medical on 11/9.

Reported for the medical and was put on medical hold - very disappointing.

Came back on 11/16 with copies of required medical tests and a letter from my doctor and was removed from medical hold.

Was hired for the 12/17 class as the 11/26 class had filled up.

A couple of observations for those folks who will eventually go through this hiring process:

1.  The 5th floor at 180 Livingston appears very chaotic - there are dozens of people there for a variety of reasons. But there is method to the madness.  It works but requires a lot of patience on our part.  I got in at 7:00 the first day and got out around 5:30.

2.  The process is incredibly paper intensive - a complete lack of automation except for a couple of computerized medical questionnaires.  You're writing a lot of the same info over and over repeatedly.  Its just the way it is.  

3.  Don't wait for your PE letter (like I did) to get your required documents in order.  Have your drivers license, social security card, high school diploma or transcript, and birth certificate or passport ready to go.  Make sure nothing is expired and don't bring copies because they won't accept them.

4.  If you do go on medical hold, try and get it resolved quickly.  I was told to return as soon as possible because they will not hold your place in the class, just like they didn't hold mine.

One last thing, for what its worth - I was told by an HR person on the 5th floor that they call 200 people to fill 40 spots in a Train Operator class.  This is probably because, as mentioned by others, people reject the offer, can't get the required documents straightened out, fail the drug test or can't pass the medical.  For those of you with higher list numbers, my feeling is you will eventually be called probably sooner than you think, as long as the TA has need and budget.

Thanks for all the feedback this really does help, what exactly do they do at medical? Do you do some type of physical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Just got my medical/ final processing Email. 

List 66* 

3rd PE November 7th. 

Being considered for the Dec 17th class. 

What date is your medical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.