ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MarkGuy said:

At 700 already for medical s? Thsts like 100 spots they're jumping a week. Are that many people deferring?

it seems like it, i was shocked as well so you never know when they might call they also stated bring all of your id's with you when you return for medical bring everything as if you were never there.

1 minute ago, Nexdup said:

it seems like it, i was shocked as well so you never know when they might call they also stated bring all of your id's with you when you return for medical bring everything as if you were never there.

I will. Just hope things don't suddenly slow down.

9 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

that definitely makes two of us. Im in the 1500 range and may have to wait until feb or mar.

You and me both, March sounds realistic but February would be amazing. From my understanding it's about 70 people per class that are split up into groups of 10 working different tours. Our lives will revolve around work.

1 hour ago, Nexdup said:

I can’t wait as well, i actually finished my homework while waiting for my piss test. I’m around 115x. I wonder if they’re just prepping or if that many people are failing/DQ’ed off.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

4 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I can’t wait as well, i actually finished my homework while waiting for my piss test. I’m around 115x. I wonder if they’re just prepping or if that many people are failing/DQ’ed off.

i need to get started on mine. i'll get that done this weekend 

On 11/20/2018 at 12:27 PM, Lou said:

Thanks for the link. Can you send the link for the bag you bought so i can compare them and see which one i should buy

I got this bag. Just an FYI, empty the bag is already fairly heavy like 4 lbs. But I would use it when I travel as well since it’s got a padded compartment and enough room for a few days of clothes.

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Outdoor-Products-Jumbo-Modular/dp/B0051OTSN0/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1543559447&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=fox+outdoor&dpPl=1&dpID=511e7kLFj2L&ref=plSrch

On 11/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, kev2112 said:

Yeah. I made to the signals and definitions exam...unfortunately I don’t speak 18th century English 

I felt the same way. There was no way (at least for me) that I was going to remember all that material in 3 weeks. An that’s just to get into the phase 1 of unpaid training. 

On 11/17/2018 at 2:35 PM, ALBMTA said:

For those of you in the Nov 26th class. This is just a suggestion. Start reading the first 38 rules in the Rule book. Then read Train Operator and Conductor as you need to be conversant in titles that are similarly engaged in the movement of trains. I will be going around the induction class asking everyone to join a Slack group that I created. It will help with sharing info as pertains to our induction group. I will then make class groups which will help with studying and comparing notes. 

Can I also join the Slack group please?

16 minutes ago, c-train said:

1st P/E today was not so bad, I was in by 7:10 and out by 11:15. Next class Jan 7 and 56 people for that class to be hired. List 16xx

I heard that jan class was the 27th on here? Guess that was either wrong info or they changed it. I wonder if there's gonna be Feb, Mar, and April classes, too.

Got sworn in and fingerprinted today, out by 1:15pm.

List # 73*

Got very lucky because there weren’t a lot of people there for their medicals. 

Make sure you go over your paperwork in fine detail because it speeds the process along.

I’ll be seeing you guys in the 17-Dec class!

P.S. Heard some fellow forum-goers laughing about my question regarding alcohol the night before, not even mad at you. Enjoy the wait though.

Edited by Jay-Oh

1 minute ago, Jay-Oh said:

Make sure you go over your paperwork in fine detail because it speeds the process along.

P.S. Heard some fellow forum-goers laughing about my question regarding alcohol the night before, not even mad at you. Enjoy the wait though.

Congrats

25 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

List # 73*

Congratulations.  

See you in the 17th

34 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

List # 73*

Hey, Do you mind if I can ask you a few questions about filling out the paper work. I have P/E on Monday. And my current job has been my first job for the last 7 years. Do I just write unemployed after that ?