ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

Hey, Do you mind if I can ask you a few questions about filling out the paper work. I have P/E on Monday. And my current job has been my first job for the last 7 years. Do I just write unemployed after that ? 

Yeah, you list every position you’ve held while on the workforce. If that job was your first and current job, you only need to fill that in, then write unemployed from when you graduated high school til you started that job.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tvega961 said:

This may have been answered already but for some reason I can’t find it. 

For those who already did P/E, do they check to see if you have your High School Diploma? 

yes you need to bring the original copy with you or get a copy from the board of education indicating that you graduated from the school you went to with a raised board of education seal. it cannot be a photo copy.

Edited by Nexdup

38 minutes ago, tvega961 said:

This may have been answered already but for some reason I can’t find it. 

For those who already did P/E, do they check to see if you have your High School Diploma? 

I was unable to get a copy of my HS diploma for my first PE. I asked the first guy if it would be a problem and he said as long as I had my ID documents, it should be fine. I than told the person at the desk about it when I went up from the second line and was told the same thing. If I didnt have ID documents,  it wouldve been a problem.  She told me that I need to have it by next step or everything will be on hold.

1 hour ago, Nexdup said:

yes you need to bring the original copy with you or get a copy from the board of education indicating that you graduated from the school you went to with a raised board of education seal. it cannot be a photo copy.

25 minutes ago, DrummaConducta said:

I was unable to get a copy of my HS diploma for my first PE. I asked the first guy if it would be a problem and he said as long as I had my ID documents, it should be fine. I than told the person at the desk about it when I went up from the second line and was told the same thing. If I didnt have ID documents,  it wouldve been a problem.  She told me that I need to have it by next step or everything will be on hold.

Thank you guys. I was having a hard time finding it today but I finally found it. Appreciate it

1 minute ago, Conductor2015 said:

Anyone in the range of 800s or 900s doing medical . I would love to think I have hope for the January class . List num 1010..... 

I'm in the 900s and still waiting. I think realistically I'll be in a february class. 

12 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

The January class should definitely be with numbers raging from 800 to 900. Why because I have to friends both in the December class . One with 530 ish and the other 730 ish . Transit doesn’t call in other and plus many people won’t be ready either . So I have 

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

Thry jumped rapidly from 600 to 700 so I think you'll be likely for a jan class.

You guys gotta keep in mind that there was so much jumping because a lot of people already got in as provisional, so their numbers weren't called this time. Now that they have gotten into the 700s there won't be as much skipping. If u got 50 per class then it could be February or January if a lot of people defer or are disqualified. 

I hope for January, but I'm setting mybexpections low just in case. 

5 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

You guys gotta keep in mind that there was so much jumping because a lot of people already got in as provisional, so their numbers weren't called this time. Now that they have gotten into the 700s there won't be as much skipping. If u got 50 per class then it could be February or January if a lot of people defer or are disqualified. 

I hope for January, but I'm setting mybexpections low just in case. 

I hear you, but as you indicated, just cause the skipping goes down, doesn't mean the deferring or failing of medical and/or drug tests won't. Or that a bunch of folks just won't take the job.

When I went for pre-emp at least five people on probation with the city deferred. Multiply that over and over, and things could go faster than thought again. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Got sworn in and fingerprinted today, out by 1:15pm.

List # 73*

Got very lucky because there weren’t a lot of people there for their medicals. 

Make sure you go over your paperwork in fine detail because it speeds the process along.

I’ll be seeing you guys in the 17-Dec class!

P.S. Heard some fellow forum-goers laughing about my question regarding alcohol the night before, not even mad at you. Enjoy the wait though.

Congrats dude ! We were talking today for most of the process. Got caught up in a medical hold but will clear it up Monday morning.  If there is any way you can DM me so I know what I’m getting into for the last step I’d appreciate it. Congratulations again👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Im number 155* and did my 1st P/E wednesday. I know ill be a while but i feel the need to chime in for those in the higher numbers since only 3 digit lost placements seem active on the post. From what ive gathered im looking forward to @ least 2 more P/e’s and a couple medicals. Im hoping for a march class honestly but would love yall imput

PS - i was 2nd online and arrived about 5:45am and still didnt leave till 7! They dont go by ticket number so have patience! Thank god i brought my phone charger and a tablet. Caught up on a couple of shows I favor.

37 minutes ago, Jblack9727 said:

Im number 155* and did my 1st P/E wednesday. I know ill be a while but i feel the need to chime in for those in the higher numbers since only 3 digit lost placements seem active on the post. From what ive gathered im looking forward to @ least 2 more P/e’s and a couple medicals. Im hoping for a march class honestly but would love yall imput

PS - i was 2nd online and arrived about 5:45am and still didnt leave till 7! They dont go by ticket number so have patience! Thank god i brought my phone charger and a tablet. Caught up on a couple of shows I favor.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I was the lady freezing in front of you on Wednesday. I chalked it up as getting there early to secure a seat being that the place had many people standing up filling out paperwork..... I’m assuming there’s a method to the reason they are calling us in the mid to late 1000s so early in the game. 

I definitely see another p/e in the future.

48 minutes ago, Jblack9727 said:

Lol that's wicked.. 5:45am to 7pm.

3 hours ago, MrMe76 said:

Congrats dude ! We were talking today for most of the process. Got caught up in a medical hold but will clear it up Monday morning.  If there is any way you can DM me so I know what I’m getting into for the last step I’d appreciate it. Congratulations again👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

DM’d you bro.

Sorry to hear about the medical hold!

Shoot me any questions you have and I’ll answer to the best of my ability. Hope everything gets cleared up ASAP and you get into 17-Dec.

Edited by Jay-Oh

1 hour ago, TAI STUNNER said:

I couldn’t agree with you more. I was the lady freezing in front of you on Wednesday. I chalked it up as getting there early to secure a seat being that the place had many people standing up filling out paperwork..... I’m assuming there’s a method to the reason they are calling us in the mid to late 1000s so early in the game. 

I definitely see another p/e in the future.

Awww damn. Yea was def 1 of the colder days. I was lookin out for ya boots too thats the funny thing. Thinking if she still here i have no right to complain lol. And i hope your assumptions are correct, wouldnt make any sense to call us if they have no plans of swearing us in until like june/july. Im still showin up early next time, better safe than sorry

8 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Got sworn in and fingerprinted today, out by 1:15pm.

List # 73*

Got very lucky because there weren’t a lot of people there for their medicals. 

Make sure you go over your paperwork in fine detail because it speeds the process along.

I’ll be seeing you guys in the 17-Dec class!

P.S. Heard some fellow forum-goers laughing about my question regarding alcohol the night before, not even mad at you. Enjoy the wait though.

Congrats man welcome to the Dec 17th class...This class is starting to fill with some of the best people on this board!