ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Speaking about KaKa bags, I actually opted to not get a KaKa bag because I’m afraid that there’ll be some confusion and I end up with someone else’s bag. For those of you who want other options, you can look up Witzman bags on amazon. They allow you to hide the back straps and carry it like a tote just like KaKa bags; but they look less tactical.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Been reading a lot about preparation, kakabag, boots, how about food? Are there lunch breaks in schoolcar? Given you’re behind the lever all day how do you prepare your bags?

That’s not how School car is. You aren’t behind a lever all day. You aren’t even behind a lever😂. But regardless, you’ll have about an hour for lunch. Technically they only have to give you 30mins. Usually it’s closer to an hour. Not always though.

1 hour ago, Gherigfan1 said:

That’s not how School car is. You aren’t behind a lever all day. You aren’t even behind a lever😂. But regardless, you’ll have about an hour for lunch. Technically they only have to give you 30mins. Usually it’s closer to an hour. Not always though.

Good to know, no one mentions what goes on after they get in. Wasn’t sure what a days like besides hitting the books.

So it’s straight up classroom/yard training throughout the whole 11weeks? 

5 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Good to know, no one mentions what goes on after they get in. Wasn’t sure what a days like besides hitting the books.

Well gotta leave you something to look forward to lol. Nah but your days will vary depending on your TSS’s. Some might start you in classroom first. Some might go outside first, on the trains learning the equipment! Just bundle up cause you will be outdoors and ask questions, didn’t hear something, ask them to repeat it! Didn’t get their last statement, ask them to repeat it! 

Edited by Imhim

8 minutes ago, Joseph Barrios said:

Hey so I'm guessing if I haven't heard anything from the MTA as of yet it's safe to say that I have been DQ'd for some reason? If that is how can I try to see the reason as to why I was disqualified? I'm really bummed about this. I guess I put all of my eggs in one basket for this one. 

The first question will be what is your list number? Don't state the exact number, put and X in the last digit like 136X.

Second looking at your posts you went in for pre employment on 11/14. From other posts on here they haven't cracked the barrier for 11/9 yet so have patience!

13 minutes ago, Joseph Barrios said:

Hey so I'm guessing if I haven't heard anything from the MTA as of yet it's safe to say that I have been DQ'd for some reason? If that is how can I try to see the reason as to why I was disqualified? I'm really bummed about this. I guess I put all of my eggs in one basket for this one. 

If you read through the thread you’d see instances of people going in for 2-3 preemployment sessions. They’re not even up to your number yet. Relax. Some of us waited 6-7 months to hear back from Livingston.

Even if they found something on your drug test, they would call you to discuss the results (or so I’m told). If you’re clean, then you don’t have anything to fear.

3 hours ago, Imhim said:

Well gotta leave you something to look forward to lol. Nah but your days will vary depending on your TSS’s. Some might start you in classroom first. Some might go outside first, on the trains learning the equipment! Just bundle up cause you will be outdoors and ask questions, didn’t hear something, ask them to repeat it! Didn’t get their last statement, ask them to repeat it! 

I hear ya, just want to be over prepared. It’s been a long wait and getting anxious. 

Anyone hear anything about a February class? That’s been the concern for us 10xx folks.

Went to p/e today list #18xx, reached over there at 6:15am got out 12:45pm. Was number 3 on the line. Word of advice, unless you like waiting, get there EARLY! From the moment you go upstairs, and is given your number your waiting Atleast 2 1/2 hours - 3 hours before your name is called. All mta employees are taken first. When your called they ask for your id, social security, and passport or birth certificate, and diploma. Then they go over your paperwork to make sure there’s no gaps in employment history, and everything is filled out properly. Then they hand over paperwork and you head over to take the piss test. Word of advice make sure you use the bathroom before going into the room to take the urine test if you really gotta go, cause once you walk thru those doors you can’t leave. And your waiting a lengthy time to get called again. Good luck everyone....

Every day when I read this post, the main thing I’m looking/hoping to read is if there’s going to be any classes scheduled past January’s class lol. I’m list number 109x and doubt I’ll make that class since there still about 300 candidates listed before myself. Considering holds and DQ’s Im wishfully thinking I have a shot at the next class or two after January. Praying for Ms. Vargas to get that approval this month for more classes. Anyone who receives this info plz let us know. Thanks and good luck to all 💪🏾💪🏾

17 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

i suggest you read the schoolcar experience thread

3 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

Went to p/e today list #18xx, reached over there at 6:15am got out 12:45pm. Was number 3 on the line. Word of advice, unless you like waiting, get there EARLY! From the moment you go upstairs, and is given your number your waiting Atleast 2 1/2 hours - 3 hours before your name is called. All mta employees are taken first. When your called they ask for your id, social security, and passport or birth certificate, and diploma. Then they go over your paperwork to make sure there’s no gaps in employment history, and everything is filled out properly. Then they hand over paperwork and you head over to take the piss test. Word of advice make sure you use the bathroom before going into the room to take the urine test if you really gotta go, cause once you walk thru those doors you can’t leave. And your waiting a lengthy time to get called again. Good luck everyone....

I was 4 lol. We were talking on line ... I was about 6 people after u in the lab and I got out of there at 2:00. Alot of ppl were waiting to go into the lab as I was leaving and I think that they still might be there. Get there EARLY!

50 minutes ago, onlyambition said:

I was 4 lol. We were talking on line ... I was about 6 people after u in the lab and I got out of there at 2:00. Alot of ppl were waiting to go into the lab as I was leaving and I think that they still might be there. Get there EARLY!

Damm 2pm how the hell did that happen? The lab filled up quickly lol 

49 minutes ago, onlyambition said:

Lol.  I was the first guy there and I arrived couple of minutes before the other 3 guys.  Great advice to get there early as well as to pee before entering the lab because inside the lab could be a long wait if there are other MTA employees which has priority over PE candidates.  I got lucky and finished at 11:30.  The lab was packed by the time I left.  When I went into the lab there were 6 other MTA guys there but the room was almost full when I left.  Good luck to all of us and hope we get in schoolcar in 2019.

21 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

hey folks who went to p/e today any word on if an approval came down from the higher ups for more classes in 2019

Ms Rivera said only the Jan 28 class is being filled.  They are waiting for word if other classes are coming.  She hopes to be notified by the end of December.  I am hoping there will be classes every month in 2019 so alot of can get in.  Lets hope.

Just got off the phone with ms Vargas . Last number appointed for the January 7 class is 757 (list number) and she says the class isn’t filled yet . So I’m very hopeful and keep checking for those emails :) I’m 101* 

she doesn’t have any word yet on a February class but I know they’ll be one because of the rate they are calling us , so high in list numbers .

2 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

Just got off the phone with ms Vargas . Last number appointed for the January 7 class is 757 (list number) and she says the class isn’t filled yet . So I’m very hopeful and keep checking for those emails :) I’m 101* 

she doesn’t have any word yet on a February class but I know they’ll be one because of the rate they are calling us , so high in list numbers .

Are you sure the January 7th class is for Train Operator? I was there yesterday for medical, list number 74*, and the class I’m in starts January 28th. 

18 hours ago, HopefulNYC said:

Ms Rivera said only the Jan 28 class is being filled.  They are waiting for word if other classes are coming.  She hopes to be notified by the end of December.  I am hoping there will be classes every month in 2019 so alot of can get in.  Lets hope.

I've heard people say January 7th and January 28th..could it be 2 January classes I wonder? 

1 hour ago, Djx said:

Are you sure the January 7th class is for Train Operator? I was there yesterday for medical, list number 74*, and the class I’m in starts January 28th. 

31 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I've heard people say January 7th and January 28th..could it be 2 January classes I wonder? 

No it actually is January 28 , I guess in the beginning the date wasn’t certain cause I thought myself it was the 7 as well .

well in any case what’s important is that it’s not full and there’s a chances for getting in there .

Hi All - Went for PE yesterday morning, list number 149*. My letter actually said to go in for PE on Nov 27 but the letter got sent to my EX's house as I recently divorced and she didn't give it to me till a couple of days after. I called and told them the situation (which took over an hour to get in touch with someone there but that's another story) anyway long story short they told me I had until the 7th of December (today) to go in any morning for the PE.

So I went yesterday and they didn't say much got there just before 6am was second on line. Got out around 10am wasn't to bad at all. Some people are just very nasty in that office especially the lady while taking the drug test. She got mad at me for flushing the toilet, like really!? its a habit! Anyway been following this forum and just want to say thank you to all for the information it is very helpful. Like everyone else just hoping for more classes in 2019 to get in sooner then later. All they told me was to check my email in 3-90 days.  

I wonder what is the highest list number that have been called for PE thus far? I think i saw someone on here in the 18**range that went for PE. I would assume they are calling us for a reason and am hopeful more classes will be added. All we can do is wait and see. Good luck to all! lets continue to keep each other informed! Have a great day!