ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TO legacy said:

He gave up because he felt he couldn’t pass what thousands of people sucked it up and gave it they all. 

If FDNY calls then go, but I don’t want to hear none of that this is too much bullshit as there are thousands that would of gave a left nutt to have been in his place. 

He’s a clown and anybody making excuses for taking up a spot as a TO needs to step off this list.  Period. 

Be ready or beat your feet. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t be too hard on the kid. He was young and it takes a certain kind of courage to know what he wanted and move on. Him leaving was probably the best move for him and for the TA as a whole.

8 hours ago, TO legacy said:

He gave up because he felt he couldn’t pass what thousands of people sucked it up and gave it they all. 

If FDNY calls then go, but I don’t want to hear none of that this is too much bullshit as there are thousands that would of gave a left nutt to have been in his place. 

He’s a clown and anybody making excuses for taking up a spot as a TO needs to step off this list.  Period. 

Be ready or beat your feet. 

He knew he wouldn’t cut it. They told us that day one “if you feel you can’t do this job get up and leave now don’t waste our time.” And him leaving hell! He just open the door for someone who’s really in need of such a great position. He just became they’re “GOT DAMN HERO”!

36 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be too hard on the kid. He was young and it takes a certain kind of courage to know what he wanted and move on. Him leaving was probably the best move for him and for the TA as a whole.

You think its cause lois said it's not about speed,its not a thrill seeking job,just leave if that's what your looking for,do that on your own time...hell so he just left 😂

Edited by LIRRMedford

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

You think its cause lois said it's not about speed,its not a thrill seeking job,just leave if that's what your looking for,do that on your own time...hell so he just left 😂

Nah, I think he just thought it was too much to take in. Also he’s young so maybe he didn’t want to commit so many years of his younger years to the TA?

42 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Nah, I think he just thought it was too much to take in. Also he’s young so maybe he didn’t want to commit so many years of his younger years to the TA?

He’s bugging, getting in young is the way! Wish I would’ve knew bout this test the last time they posted, I would’ve been straight. Posting with a dude today and he said he ain’t make less than 125k last 6 yrs and he don’t work on his RDOs. My man bout to retire with a sick pention, someone should’ve spoke to him, this shyt is like hitting the lottery. 

37 minutes ago, Imhim said:

He’s bugging, getting in young is the way! Wish I would’ve knew bout this test the last time they posted, I would’ve been straight. Posting with a dude today and he said he ain’t make less than 125k last 6 yrs and he don’t work on his RDOs. My man bout to retire with a sick pention, someone should’ve spoke to him, this shyt is like hitting the lottery. 

My co-worker's brother is actually pretty high on the list and he declined the position because he doesn't want to give up smoking weed. Idiot. I think he was in the 30s or something like that. 

Edited by acabral136

6 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

My co-worker's brother is actually pretty high on the list and he declined the position because he doesn't want to give up smoking weed. Idiot. I think he was in the 30s or something like that. 

That’s crazy! Well he must have a well paying job to afford to smoke and give up an opportunity like this. Can’t wait to go YX the job gets better everyday!

I'm just waiting patiently for more classes to be approved. I have a good paying job and a rewarding one in terms of helping students but cant do OT and have two young kids and just recently got a divorce, so this job came right on time for me, but really just hope the rumors of classes till the summer of 2019 are true being that they did call up to 1800s. I would assume they did that for a reason and not to just up and freeze hiring half way through. but I have been wrong before, and don't have the best of luck. Only time will tell. Really just a waiting game for most of us rn. Nonetheless, just excited to eventually start a new chapter in my life and focus on my job and kids only going forward. Best of luck to all and again ty all for the updates. I feel like I already know what to expect in schoolcar LOL

15 hours ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Just read a notice of an immediate hiring freeze. Tried to copy and post, but I can’t figure out how. All nonessential OC and Promotional hiring is here by frozen until further notice. “Represented operational positions that are essential to the provision of safe and reliable transportation services to our customers are excluded from this hiring freeze....”

48376406_10216537183729636_684107752314548412158_10216537183929641_1825061698629

2 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Where you get all that gear to hold your tools?

That was my classmate, he got it from his boy who had an extra one. I’m still trying to find out where to get one. It’d help so much to have something to hold those 3 tools.

So I spoke to a veteran friend in TA and he said there is no freeze on operating title. I didn’t know what operating title was and he said that means those who provide a service.

While this is not official, I’m weighing towards it based on the letter and the need for TO due to retirees and those getting fired/suspended.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/09/02/suspensions-dismissals-of-mta-operators-and-conductors-are-rising/amp/

42 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

That was my classmate, he got it from his boy who had an extra one. I’m still trying to find out where to get one. It’d help so much to have something to hold those 3 tools.

I only took a quick peek, thought it was you, def would help, Google here I come lol

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

I only took a quick peek, thought it was you, def would help, Google here I come lol

Yeah man, best believe I’m scrounging through google as we speak. More stuff on my belt is less weight on my back.

Edited by Jay-Oh

29 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yeah man, best believe I’m scrounging through google as we speak. More stuff on my belt is less weight on my back.

When you get assigned your instructors they can assist with getting the leather holster for your brake handle, cutting key and reverser. Some TA guy makes it on the side. Im the opposite of you. I didn’t get one because that’s extra weight on my belt (I use a duty belt) and when I’m on the road I will always have my bag with me. 

1 minute ago, apokeguy said:

When you get assigned your instructors they can assist with getting the leather holster for your brake handle, cutting key and reverser. Some TA guy makes it on the side. Im the opposite of you. I didn’t get one because that’s extra weight on my belt (I use a duty belt) and when I’m on the road I will always have my bag with me. 

I'm looking at it more as an orginizer,just seems easier to track things and make sure you have them if they are together and in view