ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

40 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

The freeze is for non operational titles, per what's been said. Other people posting in the station agent forum said they're being called for preemployment in the coming days.

I really hope that’s the case and continue to process us along. it seems they’re using the budget situation and pressure from cuomo to hold the next quarters hiring.  

Every time I see someone trying to fit into a train holding everything up makes me want to double drop kick them back out lol.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

I heard that like 5 ppl got G2’s already for the new induction for lateness. Better tighten those times up, TA doesn’t play with time.

Good luck to all the new TO classes! I saw y’all in the gym. Stay off your phones lol.

Yeah that’s a big fact!!! If you’re late 3 times during school car you will be fired! This goes into YX and after as well! Listen if you’re late and it’s because of MTA take down the bus or train information!!! During YX and yard posting, have the dispatcher numbers saved already and call them ahead of time, more than likely they will just let it slide! I was on the way to Jamaica and called them to let them know the F had me late because of a sick customer, when I got there, I had the information ready, dispatcher was like just sign in man you’re good, you call me already! Didn’t verify nothing! Just be ready! Oh and that cellphone SMH don’t do it, they are super sticklers about it and can get you fired for it! 

This is my first time responded to a TO post but I did my pre employment back in November and I still havent received an email about coming in for medical my list number is in the 1300s, does anyone possibly have an explanation on to why I'm still waiting, because I called back in December and the lady was like that I might have to come back to do the pre employment all over again ☹

57 minutes ago, Schecter said:

This is my first time responded to a TO post but I did my pre employment back in November and I still havent received an email about coming in for medical my list number is in the 1300s, does anyone possibly have an explanation on to why I'm still waiting, because I called back in December and the lady was like that I might have to come back to do the pre employment all over again ☹

My number is in the 900s and I haven't gotten anything yet either. 

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

They haven’t approved any classes after the January 28th class. I spoke to a T/O and he said a TSS told him that they are slowing down because they just don’t have enough TSS’s to cover the amount of people they’re hiring, these same TSS’s also have conductor classes! Remember they went from last May all the way to the end of the year with a class every month except for October if I’m not mistaken! I myself went through multiple drug test, so don’t worry if yours expires, most have during their process. Just be patient when they start back up and they get to you they will! 

1 hour ago, Pauliepaulie said:

As per my TSS....march should have a class being put together....waiting on my class to go yx

Congrats YX is a breeze, at first you just gotta remember where to sign in at lol, I swear I was texting my group chat the first week everyday before a shift in queens, like where the dispatcher’s office or tower at again? lol but for real, stay away from the crew room lawyers and watch ya stuff, it’s some real thieves down here! 

1 minute ago, Imhim said:

Congrats YX is a breeze, at first you just gotta remember where to sign in at lol, I swear I was texting my group chat the first week everyday before a shift in queens, like where the dispatcher’s office or tower at again? lol but for real, stay away from the crew room lawyers and watch ya stuff, it’s some real thieves down here! 

That's incredible. Dudes getting paid as well as mta pays and they still stealing shit? Smh

1 minute ago, acabral136 said:

That's incredible. Dudes getting paid as well as mta pays and they still stealing shit? Smh

Worse part about it, dude stole PPE glasses. Like dude them joints is free, you’re really out here stealing free shyt 😂😂

11 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Worse part about it, dude stole PPE glasses. Like dude them joints is free, you’re really out here stealing free shyt 😂😂

Must be a kleptomaniac if he stealing free stuff. That's just silly. Imagine getting fired for stealing something that u can just ask for. 

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

The only thing I'm scared about are the test they give you while in school car because I heard if you fail once you're out forever

That depends on which test! You’re given daily quizzes, these are like temperature checks for the TSS’s to see how well you’re retaining the information and studying! Then the test that you have to get 80s on, those are a compilation of stuff and I’ve seen people fail one of those and still here! Now the signal exam, yes you must get a 100% on that one. Again it sounds crazy but the first test is super easy lol if you’ve been putting in the time with your signals it’s a breeze! The biggest thing is to thoroughly read the question, don’t just try and answer it right away! The wording is twisted sometimes to trip you up! As my TSS used to say “don’t drink the kool-aid!” 

36 minutes ago, Imhim said:

That depends on which test! You’re given daily quizzes, these are like temperature checks for the TSS’s to see how well you’re retaining the information and studying! Then the test that you have to get 80s on, those are a compilation of stuff and I’ve seen people fail one of those and still here! Now the signal exam, yes you must get a 100% on that one. Again it sounds crazy but the first test is super easy lol if you’ve been putting in the time with your signals it’s a breeze! The biggest thing is to thoroughly read the question, don’t just try and answer it right away! The wording is twisted sometimes to trip you up! As my TSS used to say “don’t drink the kool-aid!” 

Kinda makes you wonder how many questions are on the signal test and one wrong answer could get you out, I know a little bit about signals like GT and ST and light signals but I wonder what they'll exactly ask.

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Kinda makes you wonder how many questions are on the signal test and one wrong answer could get you out, I know a little bit about signals like GT and ST and light signals but I wonder what they'll exactly ask.

It’s 25 questions on the first one, 15 multiple choice, 10 written, second test is 15 questions all written! I’m assuming the reason you can’t get one wrong is because if you get into in accident that involves a signal you can’t say you didn’t know what it meant or if you got it wrong and they keep that in record they’ll be liable for you if someone gets hurt. 

3 minutes ago, Imhim said:

It’s 25 questions on the first one, 15 multiple choice, 10 written, second test is 15 questions all written! I’m assuming the reason you can’t get one wrong is because if you get into in accident that involves a signal you can’t say you didn’t know what it meant or if you got it wrong and they keep that in record they’ll be liable for you if someone gets hurt. 

Yeah makes sense considering it's a safety sensitive job title. I have one random question but I did the PE for conductor back in November and now I'm doing PE for train operator next Friday would this be a bad thing to do both, in terms of both PEs and etc... 

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah makes sense considering it's a safety sensitive job title. I have one random question but I did the PE for conductor back in November and now I'm doing PE for train operator next Friday would this be a bad thing to do both, in terms of both PEs and etc... 

I don’t think so, keep your options open especially with them slowing down on the T/O classes. 

14 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Your doing PE for train operator next Friday Feb 8th ? 

6 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Being that there are no classes scheduled as of now i thought they weren’t holding no more PE for now 

That's weird unless they're going to have people come back and fourth to the PE multiple times until classes open up. Also how long are classes closed for?

Once again...my TSS....a VETERAN to MTA....was just with the superintendent yesterday and was told that once my class goes YX...they will start with more classes..They have many many classes going on, they are just simply spread way to thin at the moment. I'm sure you guys waiting patiently, your time will cone soon...

P.S....operating a train is the easiest part of this job...fun too!!! Put your time in studying...allow yourself to decompress...learn the signals in small chunks...wait to get the MTA signal definition, dont think about using Google definitions and sites...most signals definitions have patterns, so its not like 100 random definitions...put your time in, and it will be easier than you think!