ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TAI STUNNER said:

For those who took multiple p/e’s, were you contacted for the second p/e by mail like the first?

First was by mail, second was by email, third was by mail, but my first two p/e’s were when they were calling provisionally. The third one was after the list was established. 

Edited by Djx

15 minutes ago, Djx said:

First was by mail, second was by email, third was by mail, but my first two p/e’s were when they were calling provisionally. The third one was after the list was established. 

Thank you so much. On your second p/e did you have to fill out the application again or just give in the “homework”?

41 minutes ago, Pauliepaulie said:

Once again...my TSS....a VETERAN to MTA....was just with the superintendent yesterday and was told that once my class goes YX...they will start with more classes..They have many many classes going on, they are just simply spread way to thin at the moment. I'm sure you guys waiting patiently, your time will cone soon...

P.S....operating a train is the easiest part of this job...fun too!!! Put your time in studying...allow yourself to decompress...learn the signals in small chunks...wait to get the MTA signal definition, dont think about using Google definitions and sites...most signals definitions have patterns, so its not like 100 random definitions...put your time in, and it will be easier than you think!

That’s good to hear!  I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any materials available online or otherwise where we can start learning all this before we’re placed in a class?

32 minutes ago, TAI STUNNER said:

Thank you so much. On your second p/e did you have to fill out the application again or just give in the “homework”?

You’re welcome. Second p/e I had to fill it out again. Homework has to be handed in when you get called for your medical. 

Edited by Djx

3 hours ago, Pauliepaulie said:

Once again...my TSS....a VETERAN to MTA....was just with the superintendent yesterday and was told that once my class goes YX...they will start with more classes..They have many many classes going on, they are just simply spread way to thin at the moment. I'm sure you guys waiting patiently, your time will cone soon...

P.S....operating a train is the easiest part of this job...fun too!!! Put your time in studying...allow yourself to decompress...learn the signals in small chunks...wait to get the MTA signal definition, dont think about using Google definitions and sites...most signals definitions have patterns, so its not like 100 random definitions...put your time in, and it will be easier than you think!

Ahhh words of hope!! I'm excited again! Lol looking forward to it. So close but yet so far away. Can't wait to hear of new classes being scheduled!

3 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

I wanna say good luck to my all my fellow Dec 16th Classmates that have their Yard Movement Practical Today!

Thanks bro. Good luck to you as well!

We’re in CIY now just studying a bit before the practical. Our proctors are TSS’ Lois and Oliver (yes, your Oliver).

You have one of our TSS’, Khan. He’s a bit of a hardass, but he’s fair. Just do your thing and don’t drink the koolaid.

Edited by Jay-Oh

3 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

We’re in CIY now just studying a bit before the practical. Our proctors are TSS’ Lois and Oliver (yes, your Oliver).

You have one of our TSS’, Khan. He’s a bit of a hardass, but he’s fair. Just do your thing and don’t drink the koolaid.

Yeah were here at concourse r68's everywhere! Good luck with oliver... he's a combination of bad koolaid and bananas in the tailpipe!

47 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

I had Lois yesterday and everything was smooth.  

We all know our stuff at this point, knock it out. 

Best of luck 💯

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Good luck to y’all!! The temperature is definitely better than it was on them teen days!! Just remember after first 180 recharge and head back down, don’t touch any hand brakes, lol, ya will be fine!!! 

Hi Everyone, Is the EXAM 7604 only for NY Subway train operator's or does it apply for LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) TO as well. Or would it possible to transfer to LIRR later on. Does anyone have any insight on this - Thank you

1 hour ago, JP1 said:

Hi Everyone, Is the EXAM 7604 only for NY Subway train operator's or does it apply for LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) TO as well. Or would it possible to transfer to LIRR later on. Does anyone have any insight on this - Thank you

It’s exclusively for NYCTA Subway. 

LIRR and MNR is a resume based application process.  Non civil service test like this exam. 

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Would you be able to take promos for lirr since its also ruined by the mta?

No, completely different processes. 

I was at Metro North before the subway, I lost all my time and seniority.  

Its kind of like the MTA is General Motors (GM) 

Even tho you work for Chevy, Buick is run independent from Chevy  

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Everybody in my class crushed the practical! Congrats to my TB-12 brethren.

@LIRRMedford how’d you guys do?

Congratulations, it was easier than you thought right.

I was up all Friday night stressing myself out, got up Saturday and knocked it out 1,2,3  

This stuff is finally sinking in after a month of feeling over loaded  

41 minutes ago, TO legacy said:

Congratulations, it was easier than you thought right.

I was up all Friday night stressing myself out, got up Saturday and knocked it out 1,2,3  

This stuff is finally sinking in after a month of feeling over loaded  

Yeah man, it was cake. I heard that this was supposed to be the hardest one too.

33 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

2 retakes, one for track components and another for cuts and adds,I had In Khan for all processes,I aced it! Khan was a cool dude to me though

Yeah I guess he toned it down for y’all because he isn’t instructing you guys. During my dry run, he hit me with everything and the kitchen sink in terms of sabotaging the train.

Edited by Jay-Oh

37 minutes ago, Schecter said:

How hard would you say the signal test was 1 out of 10, with 10 being the most hardest thing on earth.

I can’t say indefinitely since I haven’t taken mine yet, but from what I’ve been told by upperclassmen, and from studying signals per my TSS’ instruction, it’s supposed to be a breeze. If you put in the work, pay attention, and study, it’s light work.

32 minutes ago, Schecter said:

No pun intended with the LIGHT work right 🤣

Lol nice.

To be honest, the hardest signals are the miscellaneous signs. You can read a light if you know what each light signifies, but the signs you just have to memorize the definition.