ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yeah I guess he toned it down for y’all because he isn’t instructing you guys. During my dry run, he hit me with everything and the kitchen sink in terms of sabotaging the train.

Oliver was the same way with us, was he a breeze for you guys? I heard there is a list they have to follow...

Edited by LIRRMedford

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Questions if I may. 

1. I went for my first pre-employment at the end of November and have recently moved. Do I go through DCAS to change my address?

2. After my drug test expires (2/28/19)  do I just wait to be contacted for a 2nd P.E? 

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

2 Questions if I may. 

1. I went for my first pre-employment at the end of November and have recently moved. Do I go through DCAS to change my address?

2. After my drug test expires (2/28/19)  do I just wait to be contacted for a 2nd P.E? 

Thanks in advance

Yeah you wait, they will most likely email you when they want you to come in. Don't be surprised if it's not right away, they waited1 month after my first expired to contact me but contacted me again 1 week later for medical.  So they will probably wait until closer to when they will be close to final process, did you change your contact information with the MTA?

Edited by LIRRMedford

9 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

Yeah you wait, they will most likely email you when they want you to come in. Don't be surprised if it's not right away, they waited1 month after my first expired to contact me but contacted me again 1 week later for medical.  So they will probably wait until closer to when they will be close to final process, did you change your contact information with the MTA?

Thanks. I haven't updated anything yet. Just moved in Friday. Not sure what to do first.

18 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Thanks. I haven't updated anything yet. Just moved in Friday. Not sure what to do first.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf/CorrectionForm.pdf

Fill that out and email it to them, examsunit@nyct.com ; Also, the next time you go down to 180 Livingston for your employment process, make sure they have your new address on file. If not, write it in when you fill out the paperwork.

27 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf/CorrectionForm.pdf

Fill that out and email it to them, examsunit@nyct.com ; Also, the next time you go down to 180 Livingston for your employment process, make sure they have your new address on file. If not, write it in when you fill out the paperwork.

Many thanks. Just filled it out and emailed it over. 16XX and very patient...hoping for an interesting summer 

On 2/3/2019 at 3:31 PM, Jay-Oh said:

I can’t say indefinitely since I haven’t taken mine yet, but from what I’ve been told by upperclassmen, and from studying signals per my TSS’ instruction, it’s supposed to be a breeze. If you put in the work, pay attention, and study, it’s light work.

It’s subjective. If you put in the time, both signal tests will be a breeze. If you don’t, then well, you will struggle. During YX, I just reviewed the material once or twice a week, like while riding the train or while eating (I used a flashcard app on my phone so I didn’t need to take out my rulebook or any index cards.) TBH, just like after my first practical, after my first signal test, I was like whew it’s finally over and wow that was easier than I expected. For me the hardest part of the second signal yet was physical, my hand cramping when writing out all the definitions lol. 

Good luck to all you guys out there. 

Just curious, but is it safe to say no news from your first PE is good news in a sense? Meaning that there was nothing wrong with your paper work or your drug test. if that is the case i am confident they will be having classes in the next quarter which begins in March, just gonna be patient until they call or email for second PE but just curious. Anyone on here been called or emailed weeks or months later after their first PE about the initial paper work and drug testing? I took my first PE on December 6 list number 14XX

8 minutes ago, TOHopeFull2019 said:

Just curious, but is it safe to say no news from your first PE is good news in a sense? Meaning that there was nothing wrong with your paper work or your drug test. if that is the case i am confident they will be having classes in the next quarter which begins in March, just gonna be patient until they call or email for second PE but just curious. Anyone on here been called or emailed weeks or months later after their first PE about the initial paper work and drug testing? I took my first PE on December 6 list number 14XX

No news is always good news when it comes to city jobs. If something’s up believe they will contact you.

from reading the forums folks who were on medical leave or had issues with paperwork were contacted to correct what they needed. Ex. School verification, medical holds etc.

just be prepared and proactive, double, triple check paperwork. Make copies, scan it into your phones, whatever works. the faster you have everything ready they better, also check with your doc see if he has any vacay plans coming up during the time you think you may be called.

35 minutes ago, TOHopeFull2019 said:

Yes no news is good news. I took my first PE in May of 2018. I didn't get called back until Sept for the second PE and then days later they told me to come in for the medical to be considered for a class starting in 2 weeks! You're fine if you know you don't smoke or anything and your paperwork was accurate! They will contact you once they get up to your number! 

On 2/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, apokeguy said:

It’s subjective. If you put in the time, both signal tests will be a breeze. If you don’t, then well, you will struggle. During YX, I just reviewed the material once or twice a week, like while riding the train or while eating (I used a flashcard app on my phone so I didn’t need to take out my rulebook or any index cards.) TBH, just like after my first practical, after my first signal test, I was like whew it’s finally over and wow that was easier than I expected. For me the hardest part of the second signal yet was physical, my hand cramping when writing out all the definitions lol. 

Good luck to all you guys out there. 

Thank you for your input brother.
Yeah, the practical was surprisingly easy, but I think it was because my TSS' really drilled the procedure into us and had us run all aspects of the practical in multiple dry runs.
If the signal test contains the signals that I'm assuming, then I'm not worried at all, all that remains to be done is to keep studying and take the test.

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Thank you for your input brother.
Yeah, the practical was surprisingly easy, but I think it was because my TSS' really drilled the procedure into us and had us run all aspects of the practical in multiple dry runs.
If the signal test contains the signals that I'm assuming, then I'm not worried at all, all that remains to be done is to keep studying and take the test.

Yeah like a few have mentioned, the instructors  want you to pass. One wants you to be “warrior status” and wants those signals “platinum” (those who have Lois as an instructor will understand). If you do bad or fail it also looks bad on them. Like my class we still have 9 out of 10... one left for personal reasons 

Edited by apokeguy

38 minutes ago, blackzima said:

hi guys and girls. i have 2 questions to who is already in.

1. is a probation period 1 year from hire date?

2. is TO allowed to wear some masks when on duty?

thanks.

Probation starts on your induction date.

I asked and it’s not allowed, because they don’t want the public to see you with a mask and think that there’s something to fear. I’m big on wearing face masks during flu season, so yeah..

50 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Probation is 1 year from the hire date BUT will be extended by a day for each sick or unpaid day that you take off, including FMLA. 

ty 7-11. how long does it take to be on your own after hire date?

Edited by blackzima
wrong

40 minutes ago, blackzima said:

ty 7-11. how long does it take to be on your own after hire date?

You’re on your own for 2 months or so after around 2-3 months for YX, then after that you go back to schoolcar for road ops. 

Edited by Jay-Oh