ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MGB said:

Hey Y'all, anyone 1400 or above get notified to do their 2nd P/E yet? If yes was it email, mail, or phone call? TIA

I'm in the 1300s and haven't you notified to do the second PE yet. Why did you receive a notice in the mail about a second one?

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I'm in the 1300s and haven't you notified to do the second PE yet. Why did you receive a notice in the mail about a second one?

Nope I haven't, was just wondering if anyone did, it seemed to me that they make you redo P/E every 3 months till medical but i suppose thats not necessarily true . 

2 minutes ago, MGB said:

Nope I haven't, was just wondering if anyone did, it seemed to me that they make you redo P/E every 3 months till medical but i suppose thats not necessarily true . 

Yeah because the 1st and last PE that I've done was back in November of last year and still haven't heard back. I'll call Ms. Vargas tomorrow and ask her for an update and then I'll let you know what she says.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Yeah because the 1st and last PE that I've done was back in November of last year and still haven't heard back. I'll call Ms. Vargas tomorrow and ask her for an update and then I'll let you know what she says.

Same boat, thank you, much appreciated!

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

Ppl need to stop annoying this lady and wait until they start reaching out to us again. We'll be notified when/if they need us for PE. Everyone here will start posting that they got letters & ect. 

13 minutes ago, 2nice said:

Ppl need to stop annoying this lady and wait until they start reaching out to us again. We'll be notified when/if they need us for PE. Everyone here will start posting that they got letters & ect. 

Exactly. Wait for people to start posting about notifications they’re receiving. I’m list 109x and being patient because no one from the 900 list numbers haven’t even been called yet. All you guys list number 1300+, sorry to say, have to be the most patient because there’s 100s of people before you guys who still haven’t been called in for a 2nd PE.

On 2/27/2019 at 5:09 PM, Yas said:

Hi does anyone know how long it takes for someone to be added to the train operator list after an appeal being overturned? Initially my license wasn’t accepted.

They assigned list numbers to appellants just now. Check https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Active-/vx8i-nprf/data

3 hours ago, 2nice said:

We're sorry we're just excited to get in. Sorry if I'm annoying anybody.

14 hours ago, Schecter said:

Thanks. 16xx here. Patient of course.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:52 PM, kurt said:

hi everybody, my name has just been added to the list @ 4xx after an appeal. Do i need to do anything or should i just wait for MTA to contact me? Also who has priority for the next class? people with higher list numbers that have gone through most of the process or someone like me? 

You'll be on the top of the current list since they're up to 1800s. They'll def call you for the next class which should be anytime soon now. Late March or April definitely. They've gone 5 weeks without inducting a new class already. I was 33x and was hired 11/25/18. I'm at the midpoint of the program.

Edited by nipaaaa

14 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

You'll be on the top of the current list since they're up to 1800s. They'll def call you for the next class which should be anytime soon now. Late March or April definitely. They've gone 5 weeks without inducting a new class already. I was 33x and was hired 11/25/18. I'm at the midpoint of the program.

Hey nippaaaa, I've been following the progress of the people who took the exam and are currently in school car. Thanks for the daily updates in the other thread it's awesome. I just wanted to know do you guys ever get overtime during the school car program? 

40 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

Wait they're up to the 1800s I'm in the 1300s and havent got called for medical yet? I recieved my PE in November and thats all...

Number 90x here.. Getting antsy only because I hate my current job! 

Don't worry fellas our day will come. By this summer I fully expect to be a Train operator. Sucks because I'm gonna miss out on a family reunion in DR in August but men have to make sacrifices for their families! 

Morning I got denied the appeal again so now I appeal to City Civil Service Commission do I need to send copies of evidence. One more thing if you were educated outside the US (H.S).  Those testing/education evaluation centers do they cost a lot of money?

22 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Hey nippaaaa, I've been following the progress of the people who took the exam and are currently in school car. Thanks for the daily updates in the other thread it's awesome. I just wanted to know do you guys ever get overtime during the school car program? 

Rarely we get OT but once you finish schoolcar (2.5 months), there's lots of opportunities for OT during YX which is 2 months, then road ops for 2 months. 

Edited by nipaaaa

On 3/8/2019 at 10:23 PM, TonyT said:

do you think there is any chance they will get to 29xx's of this list  ?????   my first time   thanks

Just to offer perspective, there are about 5.5k operators. Within the next 5 years, 75% of operators will retire, others will move up. There'll be a lot of vacancies. For the previous exam, MTA got up to 6k range but with a list extension of another 4 years. I spoke with a 2 year vet who was hired at the end of that list with a list # of 61xx.

36 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

So some c/o's I spoke with said upper ups told them there is an actual full hiring freeze last week. But im seeing people in other threads still being called to 180. Don't know what's going on.

There are a lot of conductor classes!! My last week of YX I saw a TSS and he said he was having a new conductor class starting the following day! If there is a freeze or isn’t again just stay up to date with Ms Vargas and here, I’m sure we’ll get word of the next T/O class once someone’s called!