ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

It’s moving but it’s going to be very slow 

only 20 vacancies , they have to consider promotional exams first, im list 79x and my number is not going to be reached for this class 

thanks for the info, how did you find out about the vacancy quota?

1 hour ago, JoseL1992 said:

It’s moving but it’s going to be very slow 

only 20 vacancies , they have to consider promotional exams first, im list 79x and my number is not going to be reached for this class 

Promos should be done if they’re calling open competitive. They passed the 700s for meds too. 

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Promos should be done if they’re calling open competitive. They passed the 700s for meds too. 

Yeah but like me, there were others that deferred cause we were not ready to start when they first called so they have to start and consider those with lower list number if they ready to start now 

i was hoping to start April 29th but they won’t reach my number for this class 

1 hour ago, JoseL1992 said:

Yeah but like me, there were others that deferred cause we were not ready to start when they first called so they have to start and consider those with lower list number if they ready to start now 

i was hoping to start April 29th but they won’t reach my number for this class 

Idk, they seemed to call quite a few 600s and the like for deferrals before. I’m going to call Vargas and see whats up. 

Definitely just checked, the 20 person class is correct just rough having to have to fill out that paper work all over again at least they give copies of the one that was already filled out on the initial visit. I know should forget about the job for now and let the process take its course but sheesh am i hungry for this position or what.

4 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Definitely just checked, the 20 person class is correct just rough having to have to fill out that paper work all over again at least they give copies of the one that was already filled out on the initial visit. I know should forget about the job for now and let the process take its course but sheesh am i hungry for this position or what.

I feel u man. I'm mostly kicking my own ass for not getting just 1 more question right on that test. I would have been working by now. 2 more questions and I would have been coming on a year by now and wouldn't be missing a family reunion in dominican republic this summer cause I'd be able to take the vacation lol. All good tho, life always unfolds as it is supposed to. 

3 hours ago, Nexdup said:

Yes I did too. I got a 93.33 on the exam but people with my same score are in schoolcar now bc they had a lower digit on their ss no. Which I kinda get but still feel it’s crap 

Anyways, I feel your pain. Still crazy that arguably the most critical position down there is moving at a much slower pace than other positions we have to hang on bro 

I recently won the appeal. My list # is 63.5 due that I had 1 wrong only. My score was 98.333. I received a letter and I'm due to go in March 29. I have 2 pending tickets which would give me 7 points on my license. Does it matter the points ? I was told it doesnt matter as long as I dont owe anything and theres nothing pending

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Nexdup said:

seems like they created this class just to get the promo's/deferrals in since their numbers were already passed over.

doesn't mean they'll start back with full hiring mode just taking care of those that was passed over.

16 hours ago, Ebaez1985 said:

I recently won the appeal. My list # is 63.5 due that I had 1 wrong only. My score was 98.333. I received a letter and I'm due to go in March 29. I have 2 pending tickets which would give me 7 points on my license. Does it matter the points ? I was told it doesnt matter as long as I dont owe anything and theres nothing pending

You just answered your own question. Those two tickets matter, you can’t have no tickets PENDING. They will put you on hold if you show up until you take care of the tickets. 

You can’t have no tickets pending what so ever. 

16 hours ago, Ebaez1985 said:

Yeah like the guy above me said you can't have no pending tickets what so ever, you can't owe the city money while trying to work for the city.

17 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah like the guy above me said you can't have no pending tickets what so ever, you can't owe the city money while trying to work for the city.

Mta just doesn't want to hire if u owe tickets. Corrections & nypd is the same. But there are plenty of CITY jobs that WILL hire you if u have tickets. My cousin became a firefighter with pending tickets. Every dept is just different.

Edited by 2nice

4 hours ago, Jsunflyguy said:

Can anyone confirm the list number NYCT is up to, I just got a letter from NYCT that I'm #072x with a 95%

Scroll up to the top there’s a green banner that has the info there. Or you can scroll through the pages and read the post to see who posted their status and number, I believe it’s in the 800s tho.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, nipaaaa said:

Just to offer perspective, there are about 5.5k operators. Within the next 5 years, 75% of operators will retire, others will move up. There'll be a lot of vacancies. For the previous exam, MTA got up to 6k range but with a list extension of another 4 years. I spoke with a 2 year vet who was hired at the end of that list with a list # of 61xx.

Thank you

7 hours ago, Silencio said:

Does anyone know if there are restrictions as to where you can live? I was considering buying a home in NJ. Will this disqualify me from this job?

NYC residency isn’t required. 

I was at 180 Livingston yesterday. Saw the orientation. Looks good. The staff at 180 Livingston are excellent. Very helpful. 

Drug test does take a while. Make sure if you have to go that day, don't make any plans. Everyone finished their paperwork by 11am/12pm.  And then you wait to be called into the drug test office and then you wait again to take the test. We waited approx 2 hrs. Out by 2pm. Was there at 7:30.

3 minutes ago, Moody said:

I was at 180 Livingston yesterday. Saw the orientation. Looks good. The staff at 180 Livingston are excellent. Very helpful. 

Drug test does take a while. Make sure if you have to go that day, don't make any plans. Everyone finished their paperwork by 11am/12pm.  And then you wait to be called into the drug test office and then you wait again to take the test. We waited approx 2 hrs. Out by 2pm. Was there at 7:30.

You're lucky when I went to my first pre employment back in November I was there from 6:30am till 7pm lol

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You're lucky when I went to my first pre employment back in November I was there from 6:30am till 7pm lol

I went in for bus operator yesterday. There was 2 groups. Train operator and bus operator. I'm also on the train operator list. 

This group one of them had a exam score of 6××.  

There was approx 25 people for train operator.

There is a class at the end of April. ( not sure if allowed to post the date) not everyone will be in that class, they will be short 5 or 6 people who will be added to the following class.

It was a good orientation. 

27 minutes ago, Moody said:

I went in for bus operator yesterday. There was 2 groups. Train operator and bus operator. I'm also on the train operator list. 

This group one of them had a exam score of 6××.  

There was approx 25 people for train operator.

There is a class at the end of April. ( not sure if allowed to post the date) not everyone will be in that class, they will be short 5 or 6 people who will be added to the following class.

It was a good orientation. 

Did they say when the following class would be?