ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

On a different note, I called DCAS a month ago and they said I was on an outstanding certification, and then I called then again yesterday and now it says that I'm currently not on an outstanding certification. Does anybody know what this means?

You might want to speak to someone at DCAS or 180 to get a definite answer! 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jblack9727 said:

So I saw that nyc has officially stopped testing for weed when hiring. Do you think MTA has adopted to this policy? I see construction workers are excluded so its very possible MTA is excluded as well. Thoughts?

I doubt it since certain mta jobs are safety sensitive but I have no idea I havent heard of this...

37 minutes ago, Jblack9727 said:

So I saw that nyc has officially stopped testing for weed when hiring. Do you think MTA has adopted to this policy? I see construction workers are excluded so its very possible MTA is excluded as well. Thoughts?

Source? What I saw is a bill proposed to stop testing people on probation for Marijuana. I didn't see anything about new hires anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Jblack9727 said:

I found this:

https://legistar.council.nyc.gov/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=3860393&GUID=7040463F-8170-471C-97EC-A61AE7B1AA2F&Options=&Search=

If de Blasio signs it, it still won’t go into effect for one year.  And it looks like there are a lot of exceptions.

1 minute ago, candorgreen said:

I found this:

https://legistar.council.nyc.gov/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=3860393&GUID=7040463F-8170-471C-97EC-A61AE7B1AA2F&Options=&Search=

If de Blasio signs it, it still won’t go into effect for one year.  And it looks like there are a lot of exceptions.

Wow. Definitely on the road to legalization. 

1 hour ago, candorgreen said:

I found this:

That doesn’t apply to the MTA lol so why even think about it. 

8 minutes ago, njbk said:

MTA  T/O is a federally regulated safety sensitive position, until its legalized federally it won’t matter. 

Yeah I agree I cant see in what world the MTA would let a T/O smoke before they operate a train or at all in that matter. Luckily they dont do hair test like the NYPD does because if they did a lot more people might of failed the drug test.

Edited by Schecter
Added more words

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I agree I cant see in what world the MTA would let a T/O smoke before they operate a train or at all in that matter. Luckily they dont do hair test like the NYPD does because if they did a lot more people might of failed the drug test.

5 hours ago, njbk said:

MTA  T/O is a federally regulated safety sensitive position, until its legalized federally it won’t matter. 

Actually just knowing MTA is only in nyc i doubt its federally regulated. State regulated safety position for sure though. 

9 hours ago, Jblack9727 said:

Actually just knowing MTA is only in nyc i doubt its federally regulated. State regulated safety position for sure though. 

“Safety sensitive” is a term that describes certain jobs that the federal government regulates due to, well, the fact that they are safety sensitive. Read 49 CFR (code of federal regulations) part 40. 

17 hours ago, Jblack9727 said:

When you go in to do your paperwork for employment, there are several checkboxes on a page and two of them are "FTA" and "Non-FTA".

TO falls under FTA.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, Jblack9727 said:

All safety sensitive positions regardless of where they fall on the city or state level are mandated by the feds. When you go down for your pre-employment drug test, you'll see what we mean. 

Even if MTA does drop the pre-employment drug test for weed, being clean is still going to be a condition of your employment. 

Ok...listen...the smoking weed thing has to stop...

IT WILL NOT EVER BE ALLOWED...

You are operating a 15million dollar piece of equipment, filled with over 1,000 people...

They will never allow someone who could potentially be high, operating one of these trains, when there are 100s of people who dont get high, wether for recreational or medical purposes...

Please put an end to it...

And the license debate, didnt upon signing up for the test it stated that this was a requirement..why complain now...if you want a job that could potentially over your career net you over 2 million dollars... GO GET ONE and stop questioning...

I know hiring has slowed down, but these topics are just getting completely off topic.

2 minutes ago, Pauliepaulie said:

Ok...listen...the smoking weed thing has to stop...

IT WILL NOT EVER BE ALLOWED...

You are operating a 15million dollar piece of equipment, filled with over 1,000 people...

They will never allow someone who could potentially be high, operating one of these trains, when there are 100s of people who dont get high, wether for recreational or medical purposes...

Please put an end to it...

And the license debate, didnt upon signing up for the test it stated that this was a requirement..why complain now...if you want a job that could potentially over your career net you over 2 million dollars... GO GET ONE and stop questioning...

I know hiring has slowed down, but these topics are just getting completely off topic.

U upset? U sound upset. 

Just now, Pauliepaulie said:

Not at all...im already in ....YX...

So then what do u care if this thread is on topic or not? I don't think it's that serious. It's just somewhere to post thoughts and questions and if the list is frozen and there's no movements, a lot of different questions will pop up. You can answer them or ignore them if they bother you. 

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

U upset? U sound upset. 

It’s a dumb discussion to be fair. Like he said, this job involves operating a $15 million piece of equipment with thousands of souls relying on your ability to safely operate. They started drug and alcohol testing after Robert Ray killed 5 people via derailing his train in 1991. He was intoxicated to the point where he consistently overran stations before tearing his train in half doing 40-50 mph over a switch.

The legalization will never happen, it’s written in blood.

Also, be careful of your attitude, there are some people down here that won’t take kindly to it.

Just now, Jay-Oh said:

It’s a dumb discussion to be fair. Like he said, this job involves operating a $15 million piece of equipment with thousands of souls relying on your ability to safely operate. They started drug and alcohol testing after Robert Ray killed 5 people via derailing his train in 1991. He was intoxicated to the point where he consistently overran stations before tearing his train in half doing 40-50 mph over a switch.

Also, be careful of your attitude, there are some people down here that won’t take kindly to it.

It's a question. Answer it or ignore it. There's been plenty of questions I find dumb and repetitive and u know what I do? I ignore it. No need to get testy over an internet thread. 

And I don't care who doesn't like my attitude in a forum. I'm a good person to get along with and a hard worker. If somebody is gonna dislike me because I said someone is upset over a forum question, I really do not care. 

7 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Jay...TB10 here... 

To the other guy: im not getting testy....just trying to put 2 topics to rest....over the last two weeks, its the only thing anyone has been discussing, while multiple people have already answered the questions numerous times...

Like I said, yes, hiring has slowed down, but the constant same 2 questions are going to drive people away from this thread who have REAL questions that should be addressed and supplied with helpful answers...

Edited by Pauliepaulie

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

It's a question. Answer it or ignore it. There's been plenty of questions I find dumb and repetitive and u know what I do? I ignore it. No need to get testy over an internet thread. 

And I don't care who doesn't like my attitude in a forum. I'm a good person to get along with and a hard worker. If somebody is gonna dislike me because I said someone is upset over a forum question, I really do not care. 

Your forum attitude is indicative of your actual attitude. I’m merely suggesting you don’t let it get the best of you.

The question at hand was answered by Paulie, albeit in a way you didn’t like. So what is the complaint?