Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Pauliepaulie said:

Jay...TB10 here... 

To the other guy: im not getting testy....just trying to put 2 topics to rest....over the last two weeks, its the only thing anyone has been discussing, while multiple people have already answered the questions numerous times...

Like I said, yes, hiring has slowed down, but the constant same 2 questions are going to drive people away from this thread who have REAL questions that should be addressed and supplied with helpful answers...

Aye what’s up brother. Hope your class is doing well in YX. I’m in 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kev2112 said:

Waiting for a 2nd PE call........and waiting.....and waiting

Don't worry I've been waiting for 2nd PE since November of 2018 😢

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Your forum attitude is indicative of your actual attitude. I’m merely suggesting you don’t let it get the best of you.

The question at hand was answered by Paulie, albeit in a way you didn’t like. So what is the complaint? 

Nobody has asked the medical Marijuana question. The topic is fresh because of a legislation that was just proposed. He posted like he was pissed off about the thread when it really isn't that serious. I pointed out that it wasn't that serious "albeit in a way you didn't like".. 

 

All I'm saying is, it isn't that serious. Let people discuss whatever they want and if u don't like it, don't respond. Very easy. No need to call people's questions dumb even if u feel that way. Just keep it moving. 

 

And if you think I have a bad attitude for that, I cannot even hope to accurately express how little that matters to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, acabral136 said:

Nobody has asked the medical Marijuana question. The topic is fresh because of a legislation that was just proposed. He posted like he was pissed off about the thread when it really isn't that serious. I pointed out that it wasn't that serious "albeit in a way you didn't like".. 

 

All I'm saying is, it isn't that serious. Let people discuss whatever they want and if u don't like it, don't respond. Very easy. No need to call people's questions dumb even if u feel that way. Just keep it moving. 

 

And if you think I have a bad attitude for that, I cannot even hope to accurately express how little that matters to me. 

Your post wasn’t about how serious it is or isn’t. My issue is that your “mad or nah” post was pointless, contributed 0 to the conversation and was childish. He gave insight into how and why marijuana won’t be accepted in the TA, maybe he was pissed because his inbox kept getting flooded with these notification, how is that your problem? Like you said “just keep it moving”.

My opinion of your attitude doesn’t matter. Things tend to work themselves out down here, you’ll see.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Don't worry I've been waiting for 2nd PE since November of 2018 😢

I'm 16xx, Was hoping for something in the summer. Now it looks like fall at the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Nobody has asked the medical Marijuana question. The topic is fresh because of a legislation that was just proposed. He posted like he was pissed off about the thread when it really isn't that serious. I pointed out that it wasn't that serious "albeit in a way you didn't like".. 

 

All I'm saying is, it isn't that serious. Let people discuss whatever they want and if u don't like it, don't respond. Very easy. No need to call people's questions dumb even if u feel that way. Just keep it moving. 

 

And if you think I have a bad attitude for that, I cannot even hope to accurately express how little that matters to me. 

Practice what you preach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

I'm 16xx, Was hoping for something in the summer. Now it looks like fall at the best. 

I'm 13XX and hopefully we both get called soon I'm dying to get in already lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pauliepaulie said:

Practice what you preach

Oh I was definitely annoyed at your post which is why I responded. I'm not denying that. You were mad as well which is why u took the time to let off your steam in a strongly worded post. I do practice what I post because as many times as people have asked the same questions over and over, u will never see me come off nasty to people. I'll just keep it moving. But your post and post like yours are annoying as hell because it's like being mad at what's on the radio.

 

Change the station. 

Edited by acabral136

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Your post wasn’t about how serious it is or isn’t. My issue is that your “mad or nah” post was pointless, contributed 0 to the conversation and was childish. He gave insight into how and why marijuana won’t be accepted in the TA, maybe he was pissed because his inbox kept getting flooded with these notification, how is that your problem? Like you said “just keep it moving”.

My opinion of your attitude doesn’t matter. Things tend to work themselves out down here, you’ll see.

If he gave that insight without being angry about it, I wouldn't have even batted an eye. No need to get nasty with people for asking questions. That also says alot about attitude. 

 

And the whole "things work themselves out down here" shit is tired. I've worked my whole life and it's the same everywhere. Work hard, do your job, don't f**k up, go home and get paid. If u feel I somehow won't make it because I chose to point out somebody's nastiness on a forum, that's just ridiculous. I have been nothing but polite on here and informative about my own experience when I can be. No need for the cryptic passive aggressive advice, you aren't worrying anybody. 

Edited by acabral136

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

If he gave that insight without being angry about it, I wouldn't have even batted an eye. No need to get nasty with people for asking questions. That also says alot about attitude. 

 

And the whole "things work themselves out down here" shit is tired. I've worked my whole life and it's the same everywhere. Work hard, do your job, don't f**k up, go home and get paid. If u feel I somehow won't make it because I chose to point out somebody's nastiness on a forum, that's just ridiculous. I have been nothing but polite on here and informative about my own experience when I can be. No need for the cryptic passive aggressive advice, you aren't worrying anybody. 

Lol my man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topic switch!

 

Cleared medical hold in January, not appointed due to 1/28 class being filled while I was on hold...any ideas if I need to go through medical again or just the whiz quiz? My name was re-instated with DCAS and I did receive the confirmation from them. I e-mailed this question to the higher ups and have not received a response yet...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of informative ppl on here, let’s not lose focus on the thread y’all, we all have one goal to get in! To everyone still waiting, trust it’s a process but stay positive and patient! Can’t stress it enough, the last list went into the 9000s, the hiring has slowed down but it will get there! The weed question, can’t front annoyed me, ain’t care to respond because I know I wouldn’t want to be on no train with an operator who is allowed to smoke I’m just saying. The thread is about the hiring process, this bill hasn’t been passed so I’m sure it has nothing to do with this list! Plus TA is state regulated. Again good luck to all the new hires, just finished posting on the B, the 68A ain’t bad don’t let them scare you!!! Good luck to those waiting as well your time is coming, hopefully sooner than later!!! 

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

Topic switch!

 

Cleared medical hold in January, not appointed due to 1/28 class being filled while I was on hold...any ideas if I need to go through medical again or just the whiz quiz? My name was re-instated with DCAS and I did receive the confirmation from them. I e-mailed this question to the higher ups and have not received a response yet...

Don’t know what you went on hold for, but a classmate of mine was on medical hold for a prior surgery, he went and got the paperwork from his doc. Came back and had to do the entire medical over again with all of us. The urine sample for drug testing will be done over if your initial one expires! That second urine sample they take during the medical isn’t for drug testing I can’t remember what it was for. So again someone in a similar situation as yours in my induction class did have to do the whole medical over for their appointed class. 

Edited by Imhim
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imhim said:

Lot of informative ppl on here, let’s not lose focus on the thread y’all, we all have one goal to get in! To everyone still waiting, trust it’s a process but stay positive and patient! Can’t stress it enough, the last list went into the 9000s, the hiring has slowed down but it will get there! The weed question, can’t front annoyed me, ain’t care to respond because I know I wouldn’t want to be on no train with an operator who is allowed to smoke I’m just saying. The thread is about the hiring process, this bill hasn’t been passed so I’m sure it has nothing to do with this list! Plus TA is state regulated. Again good luck to all the new hires, just finished posting on the B, the 68A ain’t bad don’t let them scare you!!! Good luck to those waiting as well your time is coming, hopefully sooner than later!!! 

Facts brother.

To even think of doing station stops with human lives or clearing switches medically or  recreationally high is blowing my f**king mind.  I could care less about  legalization, YOU CANT GET HIGH AND BE A T/O. PERIOD.

My stomach is turning reading my iron on curves in yard, I couldn’t even imagine doing this job after a blunt. 

Smmfh. 

Edited by TO legacy
  • LMAO! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, TO legacy said:

Facts brother.

To even think of doing station stops with human lives or clearing switches medically or  recreationally high is blowing my f**king mind.  I could care less about  legalization, YOU CANT GET HIGH AND BE A T/O. PERIOD.

My stomach is turning reading my iron on curves in yard, I couldn’t even imagine doing this job after a blunt. 

Smmfh. 

If your stomach is turning while readin your irons, that means you gotta get better at reading irons lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

If your stomach is turning while readin your irons, that means you gotta get better at reading irons lol 

Just on curves at night when you have about 8 trailing points back to back to back in the yard.  

I’m use to it now, I just peek through the storm door when line of sight is blocked on a curve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to everyone who got the call. Can't wait for the day I get the call or letter to come in.

I remember a couple of months back, I got a letter saying I didnt meet the requirement for the qualification of being with the same employer for a year and I didnt even bother to appeal due to feeling disappointed about not doing better than I thought on the exam. I got another letter about two weeks ago where they told me my name was reinstated on the list and I didn't even appeal. My list number is 28** and I called on 4-8-19 to inquire about the list status and they told me 860 was the most recent list number hired. 

It's crazy how life works but everything happens for a reason. I got a feeling this is going to be the best job ever if i get hired, but for now, I have a stable job to help time go by until I get called. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is there really an April 29 class? it's 2 weeks til d-day and we still haven't seen any confirmed hires or even successful pre-employments. I remember I went in for PE 24 days before hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

So is there really an April 29 class? it's 2 weeks til d-day and we still haven't seen any confirmed hires or even successful pre-employments. I remember I went in for PE 24 days before hire.

What's "D-day"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So no one has any insight on any potential classes coming up? I’m tired of reading about all the silliness everyone talks about on here lol. I’m just here to find up what’s going on with these damn classes 🤦🏾‍♂️

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

So no one has any insight on any potential classes coming up? I’m tired of reading about all the silliness everyone talks about on here lol. I’m just here to find up what’s going on with these damn classes 🤦🏾‍♂️

I don’t think anyone has mentioned going in for medical and being sworn in lately. I go in for my final at 248 on April 29th, I will check the gym to see if there are any induction classes there and let everyone know. Last time I was there was the beginning of March and there was a conductors class only. Hopefully they started the train operators hiring back! 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned going in for medical and being sworn in lately. I go in for my final at 248 on April 29th, I will check the gym to see if there are any induction classes there and let everyone know. Last time I was there was the beginning of March and there was a conductors class only. Hopefully they started the train operators hiring back! 

Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.