ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

6 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Any gossip on upcoming classes anyone?

been super quiet these last few.

I haven’t heard anything. But I did want to ask about medical/dental benefits.  I haven’t seen any literature on it. Does anyone know if it’s good?  Is it like most private company insurance these days where they charge you an arm and a leg and you still have a huge deductible?

if I totally missed the benefits described somewhere easily accessible, sorry about that. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

I haven’t heard anything. But I did want to ask about medical/dental benefits.  I haven’t seen any literature on it. Does anyone know if it’s good?  Is it like most private company insurance these days where they charge you an arm and a leg and you still have a huge deductible?

if I totally missed the benefits described somewhere easily accessible, sorry about that. 

If that’s the one thing I’d think anyone would know, is how great the benefits are with transit. No you will not be paying an arm and leg for deductibles and other fees. You can’t compare transit to a private company and what they offer

Called ms Vargas and she said 4/29 class still on and there’s one more spot left. For future classes, nothing but she told me to call her 2nd wk of May to see. There’s a non-operational hiring freeze (not impacting us) and future classes will probably be smaller, she added.

4 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Called ms Vargas and she said 4/29 class still on and there’s one more spot left. For future classes, nothing but she told me to call her 2nd wk of May to see. There’s a non-operational hiring freeze (not impacting us) and future classes will probably be smaller, she added.

Non operational consisting of what exactly?

19 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

One spot left?  Are they having trouble filling it?  Is it up for grabs for some reason?  This doesn’t make sense. 

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Okay because apparently on the other forum I'm on the conductor position is on a hiring freeze as well

Down here, you’ll find that there’s a lot of information going around and it’s hard to differentiate what is true and what isn’t. I know Train Ops aren’t on a freeze, and I was told Conductors aren’t either, but only Livingston knows the truth.

1 minute ago, Jay-Oh said:

Down here, you’ll find that there’s a lot of information going around and it’s hard to differentiate what is true and what isn’t. I know Train Ops aren’t on a freeze, and I was told Conductors aren’t either, but only Livingston knows the truth.

Well Livingston confirmed that so take it as u will 

19 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Well Livingston confirmed that so take it as u will 

That’s what I mean; Livingston stated that operational titles aren’t a part of the freeze, so that’s what should be accepted as true.

Edited by Jay-Oh

3 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

So you're telling me there's no one on this forum who is on that class?

2 hours ago, Darksoldier said:

I'm list number 4xx I got called down, on the 1st for the drug test and paperwork resubmission as this is my second go, and still, haven't heard anything back yet. Very strange since there were only 4 people under my list number there from what I recall.

U should go down there bro! They been passed 400 for medical.

3 hours ago, Darksoldier said:

I'm list number 4xx I got called down, on the 1st for the drug test and paperwork resubmission as this is my second go, and still, haven't heard anything back yet. Very strange since there were only 4 people under my list number there from what I recall.

Yeah because they're currently on list number 820, so they been passed your number I would call them asap next class is April 29th 

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah because they're currently on list number 820, so they been passed your number I would call them asap next class is April 29th 

I’m 7xx and called them they haven’t re reached my number.

What happen was that after the list was officially established they started from the bottom again with the people that had for whatever reason deferred.  I was one of them but unfortunately they haven’t reached me yet but said most likely for the next one after April 29th I’ll be considered 

22 hours ago, hammalamma said:

I was called in and sworn in on Thursday evening. List number 38X. Don't know the highest list number in the group as I haven't met anyone yet. Good Luck to all. 

ah there's one, update us on the size of the entire induction class.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:16 PM, hammalamma said:

I was called in and sworn in on Thursday evening. List number 38X. Don't know the highest list number in the group as I haven't met anyone yet. Good Luck to all. 

Good luck and welcome aboard!! First week is gonna be a drag lol but you got this!!

Congrats to those who got called in. I heard they are moving fast with the list. I checked the current status of the list on 4/8 and was told 860 was the last hiring list number. Patiently waiting for that call or letter, my list number 28xx.

2 hours ago, Ojor62 said:

Congrats to those who got called in. I heard they are moving fast with the list. I checked the current status of the list on 4/8 and was told 860 was the last hiring list number. Patiently waiting for that call or letter, my list number 28xx.

11XX, waiting for that email for 2nd PE, let's see what happens. Take care fellas. Good luck to everyone who got called up. 

30 minutes ago, Productions27 said:

11XX, waiting for that email for 2nd PE, let's see what happens. Take care fellas. Good luck to everyone who got called up. 

13XX and I believe they'll send the 2nd PE through the mail, I did my first PE back in November and I'm still waiting for the second one as well. I believe they'll send us our 2nd PE when they get closer to our list number.

8 hours ago, Productions27 said:

Wow, I'm super jealous of your list number. It's crazy cause I initially got a letter saying I didn't meet the qualification of the 1 year work experience which I found to be odd but I didn't try to appeal. Then a couple of months later, I got a letter stating my name was reinstated back on the list. Crazy how life works!!!