ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

12 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

Well look at this way , you know that everyone will not be ready and everyone will not be medically ready.  Soooooooo that should give you high Hopes lol. Trust me alot of people get out on medical hold and they keep moving on  

That's honestly my biggest fear is what is the most common medical hold. Imagine all this hype and then oops you're on medical hold I'd cry 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Conductor2015 said:

School car tss confirmed to me that they need 180 people for June.  I'll harass him for the exact day sometime this week . That'll bring the number into the 1000s and that potentially puts me in there for the summer.

That’s hard to believe they will call that many people in June. Are you sure that’s for T/Os only or maybe T/Os and Conductors? We’ve been hearing about what these TTS been sayin since January and none of its been true so everything is hard to get excited for at the point but I’m hoping and praying for the best!!

18 minutes ago, Fredman0220 said:

That’s hard to believe they will call that many people in June. Are you sure that’s for T/Os only or maybe T/Os and Conductors? We’ve been hearing about what these TTS been sayin since January and none of its been true so everything is hard to get excited for at the point but I’m hoping and praying for the best!!

Tbh the list is moving fast in both c/r and t/o when the person from the c/r forum I'm on said they had 200 vacancies for c/r I thought they were lying then I got a shit ton of calls and emails for c/r to come in for my second PE. Its kinds of exciting when you hear this type of news. I was in USPS orientation today when I got the call and the teacher was like take the mta job it's way better lol.

I just noticed that not every person on the t/o list on that website has a 5/7 certified date next to their names. Others have one only going up to 3/25. That may be good news for some of us. Also, @Conductor2015 are you sure those spots are only for t/o? or Both t/o and c/r?

Edited by MarkGuy
Just remembered that the previous posts here clearly sai only 200 people were needed for the t/o slot, but i still assumed everyone on the list had the 5/7 date next to it.

41 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

i just checked the site that everyone stated had the list cert info i don't see anything beside anyone's name. hope they get to my number during this round. fingers crossed 

im 11xx I have 4 sections with  bunch of info on the right of the list.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:49 AM, rondread445 said:

Hey everyone, I received my p/e letter and I wanted to know how the medical goes. I have epilepsy but my condition is well under control with my medicine. I operate heavy machinery every day and State approved to operate motor vehicles. I know the T/A is very strict about this. Would it be a waste of time to even go for the P/E ?

Hello I am awaiting my medical for CI. I have same situation as yours. I have well controlled epilepsy on medication. Did you go to medical? If so what happened? What did they require from you. Did you take any letters from your primary care and or neurologist? Is there anything I can do before the medical that will help me pass the medical?

Thank you!

i had my wife pull it up the info from her mobile phone and she ended up seeing it. i also tried to call livingston to find out info about the certification dates but i didn't a response. if someone is free could anyone try to call dcas to see if they have info on what that means or livingston. 

I work for the city already and according to our union rep, certification means that your name was pulled from an eligible list for probable employment. Everytime we get called for pre-employment, mta has to request a list of names from the eligibility list. This action is known as certification. The list of people called in for drug test is called a certified list. They might call in like 600 ppl or more for 200 vacancies. Just how they do it. 

So it is good news if your number is close, but if you are in the 1200s or higher it might just mean another pre-employment and more waiting. This will be my 3rd pre-employment but I'm number 90x and the last number reached is 861, so I should be in the next classes. 

10 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I work for the city already and according to our union rep, certification means that your name was pulled from an eligible list for probable employment. Everytime we get called for pre-employment, mta has to request a list of names from the eligibility list. This action is known as certification. The list of people called in for drug test is called a certified list. They might call in like 600 ppl or more for 200 vacancies. Just how they do it. 

So it is good news if your number is close, but if you are in the 1200s or higher it might just mean another pre-employment and more waiting. This will be my 3rd pre-employment but I'm number 90x and the last number reached is 861, so I should be in the next classes. 

So what about if you’re in the 111x range? This means we’re getting another pre emp letter soon?

7 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

So what about if you’re in the 111x range? This means we’re getting another pre emp letter soon?

If u look at the page on the "number requested" column it says 1000, so maybe people up to the 1500s will be getting pre employment letters, but they always call extra people to have backups in case others fail drug tests or choose not to accept or get placed on medical. 

I've been called twice before. According to the data sheet, when I was called in october for the November pre-employment, it shows here there were 600 vacancies but they requested to certify 1500 people. 

Then in March  2019 they requested 500 and then 600 people for 200 vacancies but I didn't even get a letter at that time. That's probably because a lot of them were people who won appeals and those 200 vacancies were filled quick by the ones who won appeals and the ones who deferred and those who were taken off medical. 

Now it shows 1000 requested for 225 vacancies. So it means there will unfortunately be a lot of people calling out of work to come in and take another drug test that might expire again. It sucks but it's just the way it goes. 

Edited by acabral136

Thought I would shed some light on this to help those who don’t understand it. Here are what each column means.

This info comes from just deducing and picking my union rep’s mind a little.

Cert Seq No – Certification Sequence Number. Not 100% sure, but I believe this is your rank in the current certified list. For example, if your Cert Seq Number says “150”, that means you are ranked 150th on the list of people that will be called in for the next pre-employment.

Request Date – Date that NYC Transit asked for a certified list of probable employees for the vacancies available.

Salary – Self Explanatory

Cert Issue No – Just the ID number for the list

Cert Date – Date the list was certified

Reissue Date – no idea

Cert Expiration Date – The date that list expires. So they have until June 6th to call people in for those vacancies from that list.

No. Certified – Amount of people on the current certified list

No. Requested – Amount of people NYC Transit actually requested. You will notice that the number that was actually certified is always higher than the amount requested.

Provisional Replacement – Whether or not you were being called for provisional or permanent employment

No. Vacancies – Amount of vacancies actually available, which is 225 in our case.

As I was typing this I actually just got the email and an automated phone call to come in May 16th. Really excited.

Good luck to all of you that will be getting calls and emails today and the rest of the week I imagine.

LETS GET IT!

Pre Employment May 17th. Just got a call from an automated machine saying the exam has reached my list #. It also said I should receive official notice in the mail. For reference my list number is 92x. Good luck to all, here we go!

Edited by Fortham5