Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1370s); For Medical: (1200s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

Thank you Msmcmillan for the number. Productions27 did not want to provide the number for some apparent reason.  We are all trying to get a job on this feed least you can do is look out for one another. Wasn’t asking for your spouses  number  Productions27i m literally on this feed trying to obtain valuable information and ask questions pertaining to the position. 

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Future4me said:

Thank you Msmcmillan for the number. Productions27 did not want to provide the number for some apparent reason.  We are all trying to get a job on this feed least you can do is look out for one another. Wasn’t asking for your spouses  number  Productions27i m literally on this feed trying to obtain valuable information and ask questions pertaining to the position. 

Hmmm, if I'm not mistaken I think we all get called on that same number. But, I could be wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Future4me said:

Thank you Msmcmillan for the number. Productions27 did not want to provide the number for some apparent reason.  We are all trying to get a job on this feed least you can do is look out for one another. Wasn’t asking for your spouses  number  Productions27i m literally on this feed trying to obtain valuable information and ask questions pertaining to the position. 

Future4me, I don’t have the phone number. I understand why you would want to save the number on your contacts, but remember an agency like the MTA sends out automated phone calls via switchboards. Even if you had saved the a number, it’s possible you would get a call with the same area code but with a different prefix. I know that most people nowadays won’t answer a call if they don’t recognize the number, so with that being said, if you hear the phone ring and you don’t know the number, answer it. I hope this helps and get the message across. Have a great weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CJ21292 said:

what number are they currently up to for pre employment?

i'd like to know the same thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I declined the job back in November, but they still want me to come on May 23. List #107x.

The reason I declined is that I took the test just to see if I could possibly get employment at age 59 at the time (now 61).  I am retired and leading a good life, so as I said in a previous post I want to see someone get this job because they need it, especially those who have young families or those whose living conditions will improve with decent pay and good benefits.  For me, it is just a dream I had since I was a child.  I have a huge model railroad layout consisting of subways and scratch built structures including elevated lines and stations.  Also, I am in the process of building routes in openBVE.  They are great substitutes for the real thing.   There is probably someone far down the list that will get this job and be thankful for it. I am happy to give my possible employment to that person.

  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Schecter said:

^^^^Good question we need the post created by seven eleven to updated on the top of the forum sp everybody knows what's going on.

I'll do it later tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GGTrain said:

I declined the job back in November, but they still want me to come on May 23. List #107x.

The reason I declined is that I took the test just to see if I could possibly get employment at age 59 at the time (now 61).  I am retired and leading a good life, so as I said in a previous post I want to see someone get this job because they need it, especially those who have young families or those whose living conditions will improve with decent pay and good benefits.  For me, it is just a dream I had since I was a child.  I have a huge model railroad layout consisting of subways and scratch built structures including elevated lines and stations.  Also, I am in the process of building routes in openBVE.  They are great substitutes for the real thing.   There is probably someone far down the list that will get this job and be thankful for it. I am happy to give my possible employment to that person.

Thank you for being selfless, but I just want to say it's never too late to live a childhood dream. I don't know your situation but why not give it a shot? Even for just a few years or just to train and get to drive a real train for a while. I understand you wouldn't want to take up a spot for someone else but since u said it was a childhood dream I imagine it would be amazing for you to do it. 

 

Still, I appreciate your selflessness and humility! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

Thank you for being selfless, but I just want to say it's never too late to live a childhood dream. I don't know your situation but why not give it a shot? Even for just a few years or just to train and get to drive a real train for a while. I understand you wouldn't want to take up a spot for someone else but since u said it was a childhood dream I imagine it would be amazing for you to do it. 

 

Still, I appreciate your selflessness and humility! 

Thank you.  I firmly believe that there should be an age limit also.  This job entails a lot of responsibility.  Think about it. You are in the driver's seat transporting up to 2500 people. At one-time airline pilots were forced to retire at 60 (now 65).  I'm in decent shape, but not what I used to be.  This job is not easy work.

I feel honored to be considered for employment.  That is all I wanted. My situation is this: I cannot be dedicated to the job as required.  You must eat, breathe, and sleep transit, at least for the first year.  My wife wants to travel, enjoy the summer, hit the beaches, etc..  So do I.  I have the resources to do so.  So will a lot of those on here that will be hopefully retired at my age with a decent pension.

I see that many are really pumped up and enthusiastic. That is great and I am sure they will make great transit workers.

 

  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FatboyNYC said:

all these guys coming in for pre employment, anyone know when's the next class scheduled for or have an idea?

Might be June, I asked but they didn’t know hopefully by Wednesday at pre employment they will have the date, I’ll post on here if anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah probably in June because june 10th is the next conductor class Ms.Vargas stated. So the T/O class might be in June as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GGTrain said:

Thank you.  I firmly believe that there should be an age limit also.  This job entails a lot of responsibility.  Think about it. You are in the driver's seat transporting up to 2500 people. At one-time airline pilots were forced to retire at 60 (now 65).  I'm in decent shape, but not what I used to be.  This job is not easy work.

I feel honored to be considered for employment.  That is all I wanted. My situation is this: I cannot be dedicated to the job as required.  You must eat, breathe, and sleep transit, at least for the first year.  My wife wants to travel, enjoy the summer, hit the beaches, etc..  So do I.  I have the resources to do so.  So will a lot of those on here that will be hopefully retired at my age with a decent pension.

I see that many are really pumped up and enthusiastic. That is great and I am sure they will make great transit workers.

 

I see.. That's awesome though, I'm glad you are enjoying your retirement. You are living my goal which is to have the resources to travel and enjoy my retirement when I get there. This job will certainly help with that. 

 

Again I thank you and wish you all the best going forward! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something just hit me that should've been obvious. If they wanna hire 225 t/o's by summer, then that means theyre gonna schedule quite a few classes for the few months (barring the impossibility they have like 100 people per class suddenly.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Something just hit me that should've been obvious. If they wanna hire 225 t/o's by summer, then that means theyre gonna schedule quite a few classes for the few months (barring the impossibility they have like 100 people per class suddenly.)

I agree with you 💯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Something just hit me that should've been obvious. If they wanna hire 225 t/o's by summer, then that means theyre gonna schedule quite a few classes for the few months (barring the impossibility they have like 100 people per class suddenly.)

Or probably classes every month or two classes a month samething for conductors they're hiring 200 people first class is June 10th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Found out next class  for TO goes in June 10th same day the conductor class begins 

Did Vargas tell u that? She isn’t picking up when I call. Wonder if they’ll reach the 1100s for that class. Thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Did Vargas tell u that? She isn’t picking up when I call. Wonder if they’ll reach the 1100s for that class. Thx!

I called last week and today and got no answer as well. 16xx and hoping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

I called last week and today and got no answer as well. 16xx and hoping

I don't think 1600s will get called yet, I'm in the 1300s and wont get called this time around even though I was hoping for it since I'm on an outstanding certification again lol

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Did Vargas tell u that? She isn’t picking up when I call. Wonder if they’ll reach the 1100s for that class. Thx!

I guess I got lucky lol yeah she answered 

but honestly you deff will get called but I chances are is not going to be for June, I’m 79x and I’m not even 100% sure I’ll make the next class cause remember there are way lower numbers that deferred and may process for this class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

I called last week and today and got no answer as well. 16xx and hoping

list number 112x was the highest number called so far from reading the forums.

im list 115x and have not received anything yet, I will post if I receive anything to update the forums.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.