ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

no one posting that they got any correspondences or calls

They probably finished sending those out for this week's pre-employments. We'll get more news when people start going in. I go on Thursday. I'll post up any info I can get. 

does anyone know if itll be a problem working 2 jobs while with MTA? I am registered as an home aide and work as a banker associate. im definitely quitting the banking position but would like to keep caring for my family member. wanted to see if anyone was in this position and how the MTA handles dual employment.

2 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

They probably finished sending those out for this week's pre-employments. We'll get more news when people start going in. I go on Thursday. I'll post up any info I can get. 

Much appreciated 

5 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

does anyone know if itll be a problem working 2 jobs while with MTA? I am registered as an home aide and work as a banker associate. im definitely quitting the banking position but would like to keep caring for my family member. wanted to see if anyone was in this position and how the MTA handles dual employment.

They will have you fill out some paperwork pertaining to a second employment.

2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Good evening everyone. I have to report to livingston street for pre employment on 5/24 and was curious. Will they be reviewing our driving record? Do they disqualify on the spot for bad driving records? Or they just want to verify a license

This was answered quite a few times already, you’re not disqualified for your driving record. They give you paperwork to fill out to provide them with your infractions. You cannot have any open moving or parking violations! Bad driving though, no you’re not going to get disqualified, just report all moving violations and outcome! 

2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Good evening everyone. I have to report to livingston street for pre employment on 5/24 and was curious. Will they be reviewing our driving record? Do they disqualify on the spot for bad driving records? Or they just want to verify a license

Just have ZERO open tickets. Even a tint ticket will put you on hold. I was put on hold for like 30 mins when I went down there. 

11 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

I guess I got lucky lol yeah she answered 

but honestly you deff will get called but I chances are is not going to be for June, I’m 79x and I’m not even 100% sure I’ll make the next class cause remember there are way lower numbers that deferred and may process for this class 

I have pre employment the fri after next but recently got a ticket for a red light on my bike. Do I have to settle that before the pre/employ or before they call me again for medical?

I know either way ima gonna have to settle this but don’t have the cash atm.

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I have pre employment the fri after next but recently got a ticket for a red light on my bike. Do I have to settle that before the pre/employ or before they call me again for medical?

Get it settled, but as long you don’t owe the city any money before you get sworn in, then you’re good. Get it settled ASAP. No big deal.

37 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

chief leader posted that a new train supervisor class has been approved; im hoping that allows for more classes to be scheduled for the remainder of the year

There was a TSS class there 2 weeks ago, sure they’re going to get more T/O classes out, again patience is key, as long as your info is up to date you will get notified when it’s your go. I was working yday and I saw one of the April 29th classes in the yard. Good luck to everyone! 

43 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

chief leader posted that a new train supervisor class has been approved; im hoping that allows for more classes to be scheduled for the remainder of the year

Can you post a link? many thanks

11 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Get that settle or else they won’t let continue after day 1, they would put you on hold. 

4 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Get that settle or else they won’t let continue after day 1, they would put you on hold. 

11 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

yea, on my first P/E there was a guy there with outstanding tickets when we were grouped in the room. the instructor let him pay it right there over his phone online and cleared him once he saw the confirmation.