ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

5 minutes ago, TraxNyC said:

When I went to P/E back in Nov I saw a dude dressed like a pimp. I saw some over dressed, some dressed casual, some in jogging pants, some in buisness attire, and some in regular street clothes. I don't think it really matters what you wear as long as your paper work is correct. Lol! I wore a hoodie sweater, jeans, and rain boots because it was raining that day. I was the first one there on line and left by 2p.m.

Lol thanks guys I appreciate it. Definitely will go comfortable the next appointment. Good luck to all you guys. 

List- 109x; patiently waiting. I know it’s right there so my patience is wearing on me lol.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone getting called, texted, etc. I’m list number 18xx, went to the first PE early December, hope I hear something sooner then later, I been with my job over 11 years but no pention, so I’m at the stage where I just wanna start a career and stay there the rest of my life until I’m ready to retire. Good luck to everyone that started and everyone that’s waiting to be called. 

2 hours ago, Fredman0220 said:

When I went for my first P/E late last year, folks were dressed in regular street clothes. I know the packet states Business Casual. Can anyone tell me what’s the “least acceptable” way to come dressed to Livingston? Last time I had on a full suit but if I can be a little more comfortable I prefer that lol.

If you want terribly nitpicky and overcorrect definitions:

A suit with a tie is not business casual—it’s [full] business attire.

“Business casual” is much looser term that can include a wide variety of different outfits depending on the venue and circumstance.  

The most it would include is a suit without a tie (with the top button of the shirt unbuttoned).

I’ve worked in corporate America for the better part of two decades and I’ve seen “business casual” mean many different things depending on the company’s corporate culture.

For the MTA and their pre-employment setup, my version of “the least you could get away with” would be a some kind of collared shirt (polo or button-down), either slacks or a nice pair of unripped jeans, and a pair of dress shoes or sneakers but only if the sneakers match whatever pants you’re wearing (no bright or flashy colors).  Also, no hats, extremely flashy jewelry, or other accessory your mom might cringe at if you wore it to dinner with your grandparents.

9 minutes ago, candorgreen said:

If you want terribly nitpicky and overcorrect definitions:

A suit with a tie is not business casual—it’s [full] business attire.

“Business casual” is much looser term that can include a wide variety of different outfits depending on the venue and circumstance.  

The most it would include is a suit without a tie (with the top button of the shirt unbuttoned).

I’ve worked in corporate America for the better part of two decades and I’ve seen “business casual” mean many different things depending on the company’s corporate culture.

For the MTA and their pre-employment setup, my version of “the least you could get away with” would be a some kind of collared shirt (polo or button-down), either slacks or a nice pair of unripped jeans, and a pair of dress shoes or sneakers but only if the sneakers match whatever pants you’re wearing (no bright or flashy colors).  Also, no hats, extremely flashy jewelry, or other accessory your mom might cringe at if you wore it to dinner with your grandparents.

Perfect!! Thanks

54 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

Congrats to everyone getting called, texted, etc. I’m list number 18xx, went to the first PE early December, hope I hear something sooner then later, I been with my job over 11 years but no pention, so I’m at the stage where I just wanna start a career and stay there the rest of my life until I’m ready to retire. Good luck to everyone that started and everyone that’s waiting to be called. 

Yeah my list number is in the very low 1300s and I cant wait to be called as well looks like you and I have a while until then 😭 lol

1 hour ago, Mrhands0me said:

Same here. Went to my first PE in November. 16xx Busy summer for me coming up, so i'm plenty patient

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Conductor2015 said there’s going to be a class in June, July and August, with over 60 people each. If that’s the case, the wait may not be much longer for many of us.

Yes and keep in mind that some people get put on medical hold and others are simply just not ready .... so for August, the class will definitely come into the 1000s list number.  

1 minute ago, kev2112 said:

Same here. Went to my first PE in November. 16xx Busy summer for me coming up, so i'm plenty patient

Yeah same here my first and only PE was back in November, ever since then I haven't received another letter in the mail.

17 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah my list number is in the very low 1300s and I cant wait to be called as well looks like you and I have a while until then 😭 lol

Lol, don’t tease, as long as I get in I don’t care how long I have to wait. Besides if I already did one PE it shouldn’t be that much longer, def less than a year. Guess I’ll continue hearing plane engines a little while longer! 😔

12 hours ago, Conductor2015 said:

Yes and keep in mind that some people get put on medical hold and others are simply just not ready .... so for August, the class will definitely come into the 1000s list number.  

But I think the highest 112x who got called is to fill the three months available coming up. Not including, like you mentioned those who defer or get put on hold.

They always call extra just in case for standbys, I’m guessing the folks in PE these next few might even spill over late summer months of  9/10/11 if they have a class then. 

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me out with this question, does anyone knows what the max pay is currently for a T/O I know it starts at 34.xx then raises to 36.xx after school car training but I want to know does it stop there or is there a higher pay scale? Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Bkbusline said:

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me out with this question, does anyone knows what the max pay is currently for a T/O I know it starts at 34.xx then raises to 36.xx after school car training but I want to know does it stop there or is there a higher pay scale? Thanks in advance.

34 school car, 35 after school car then 36 after 231 road days. 

Top pay is 36 and some change. 

Edited by Elfamoso2020

20 minutes ago, FatboyNYC said:

in regards to the training, is there always a overnight class or its only if needed? can we pick the training tour?

only if needed and it's really up to the instructors' discretion whether or not to give extra tutoring. No you cannot pick the tour.

20 hours ago, Harryb said:

Went for pe today. It was confirmed that there’s a class June 9 th and there are definitely other classes coming up but dates have not yet been set

Do you think the group called this month is for the next 3 classes? Or the group called this month is for the June class only?

10 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Do you think the group called this month is for the next 3 classes? Or the group called this month is for the June class only?

They always call more people than they need at the moment so I’m sure the group called this month will spill over in to the next classes

On 5/10/2019 at 3:31 PM, GGTrain said:

I declined the job back in November, but they still want me to come on May 23. List #107x.

The reason I declined is that I took the test just to see if I could possibly get employment at age 59 at the time (now 61).  I am retired and leading a good life, so as I said in a previous post I want to see someone get this job because they need it, especially those who have young families or those whose living conditions will improve with decent pay and good benefits.  For me, it is just a dream I had since I was a child.  I have a huge model railroad layout consisting of subways and scratch built structures including elevated lines and stations.  Also, I am in the process of building routes in openBVE.  They are great substitutes for the real thing.   There is probably someone far down the list that will get this job and be thankful for it. I am happy to give my possible employment to that person.

Hey GGTrain... Let me get this right, you declined in November and they still sent you another invite for PE for 5/23? The first time, did you send in the PE letter with the bottom part signed and the "I decline appointment" checked or simply did not come in the day requested?

I think it's great that part of your dream came true and very noble of you to pass your spot onto someone else. And Cheers for a wonderful retirement...