ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another question: I am hearing/reading mixed things about how a tie breaker is settles i.e. the date you registered for the exam vs. the last 5 of your social, can anyone provide some info on this? I waited about 2 weeks to register because the website was not working for the first few days but the last 5 of my social starts with 0 so that would obviously be a plus for me.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/28589-tiebreaking-procedures-for-civil-service-exam-lists/

Well she's approximating from the last test. And also this test requires a drivers license and its a big requirement to have a drivers license

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

A lot of people will definitely be eliminated because they don't have a drivers licence. During my test when people were asked to put in their drivers licence number at least 4 people stated they didn't have one . It showed that it was a requirement by December of 2016. I guess people felt they would able to get one later ? That isn't how it works though. I'm sure that maybe about a third of people may not meet the requirements such as having a licence to begin with or having a valid or clean licence . I work for the DMV and you would be surprised how bad people's driving records are especially when so many agencies can suspend your license for things like child support or failure to pay NYS taxes or even an out of state ticket that you don't take care of .

A lot of people will definitely be eliminated because they don't have a drivers licence. During my test when people were asked to put in their drivers licence number at least 4 people stated they didn't have one . It showed that it was a requirement by December of 2016. I guess people felt they would able to get one later ? That isn't how it works though. I'm sure that maybe about a third of people may not meet the requirements such as having a licence to begin with or having a valid or clean licence . I work for the DMV and you would be surprised how bad people's driving records are especially when so many agencies can suspend your license for things like child support or failure to pay NYS taxes or even an out of state ticket that you don't take care of .

You are right about that the drivers License is a big thing..

BTW they also got two more pitfalls some thing of "assessment" they are going to do before people even seen Schoolcar...

They are doing things their way now.. *Shrugs

There were 2 people in my testing room also who said they didn't have a DL. Oh well.

Can someone explain to me how reinstatement works? It seems to me from what I'm reading that if I get the call and decline I can then basically accept as long as the list I'm on is active, is that right?

There were 2 people in my testing room also who said they didn't have a DL. Oh well.

Can someone explain to me how reinstatement works? It seems to me from what I'm reading that if I get the call and decline I can then basically accept as long as the list I'm on is active, is that right?

Yes as long as the list is active you can continue to restore your name to it once your list number has been reached.

Station Supervisor

Yep those people will be disqualified without ever receiving a test score and won’t get a refund. Some exams state you must have a drivers license by the time you’re appointed, and other require you already have it by the last date of the filling period. This is why I always tell people to read the notice of examination throughly before applying and spending your money. Because it’s up to you to determine whether you qualify for an exam or not, not them. And they clearly state there are no refunds for examination fees.

Station Supervisor

Yes as long as the list is active you can continue to restore your name to it once your list number has been reached.

Station Supervisor

Yep those people will be disqualified without ever receiving a test score and won’t get a refund. Some exams state you must have a drivers license by the time you’re appointed, and other require you already have it by the last date of the filling period. This is why I always tell people to read the notice of examination throughly before applying and spending your money. Because it’s up to you to determine whether you qualify for an exam or not, not them. And they clearly state there are no refunds for examination fees.

Station Supervisor

Like some of those who took the TSS promotional.

They gave away eighty bucks "just to experience" the test....

Someone should tell them the test will be different the next time...

• 3 weeks later...

hey I have a question will we be having to take a boss exam for this position, the reason I asked because I may still be in probation for bus operator and wouldn't know if I'll have off the saturday they schedule it

BOSS is for MaBSTOA (OA) bus operator position only.

BOSS is for MaBSTOA (OA) bus operator position only.

hey I have a question will we be having to take a boss exam for this position, the reason I asked because I may still be in probation for bus operator and wouldn't know if I'll have off the saturday they schedule it

Chances are if there is a BOSS exam schedule for this exam, as long you have an admission letter, you can submit a copy to the General at your initial depot and they will either switch your RDO for that week or COA for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Train Operator

I think this person is asking what to look for in the MTA/BSC employment portal, and the answer to that question would be that it's highly unlikely for it to show up there, you'll have to wait for an exam.

Note - this is not true for all civil service positions, Transit is short on skilled trades (maintainers, car inspectors, etc) and has resorted to putting up job postings in the system for provisionals.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BriTish said:

I've been sent an appointment for an oral proficiency assessment for next week. What should I expect to happen on that visit?

You got sent an oral proficiency assessment for next week already?? The list has not even been established as of yet I thought! :o

20 minutes ago, BriTish said:

I've been sent an appointment for an oral proficiency assessment for next week. What should I expect to happen on that visit?

Are you sure that’s for T/O or is that for C/R and you mistakenly place it in the wrong tread?!  

Sorry. Wrong thread. This is for C/R. But the question still stands. And I have to pay another $25 to even take the assessment or I'm disqualified from the application process... By the way, I still don't know my list number for C/R exam #6601. I do know I passed and went down to protest three answers.

20 hours ago, JV620 said:

You got sent an oral proficiency assessment for next week already?? The list has not even been established as of yet I thought! :o

After some perusing of this forum, I get the impression that the list won't be established until the OPAs are complete. I'm hoping that the OPA is a pass or fail situation, as I would not want the OPA results to affect my position on the list...

41 minutes ago, BriTish said:

After some perusing of this forum, I get the impression that the list won't be established until the OPAs are complete. I'm hoping that the OPA is a pass or fail situation, as I would not want the OPA results to affect my position on the list...

Not trying to be harsh but if you read the conductors thread you'd find your answers. We already discussed the OPA and what to expect, no need to misinform and get the candidates for the T/O exam hopes up.

7 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Not trying to be harsh but if you read the conductors thread you'd find your answers. We already discussed the OPA and what to expect, no need to misinform and get the candidates for the T/O exam hopes up.

Sorry, didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up. My hopes certainly are not up. But I took both exams and mistakenly posted a question here. But I'm not sure where I misinformed anyone. I said that the list won't be established until OPA's are over with. Sounds like a good heads-up to me. I don't expect to be selected for C/R, but I do expect to get in with T/O. I'm a former transit worker who left with a bad record and I've taken enough exams since then to know I may not get back in with C/R, but I should get back in with T/O. Any information I might have could be useful, in my opinion. I'm sure as well that OPAs procedures won't change because of differences in titles... Sorry for bothering you guys... 

Hi guys,

I took this exam this past May and I was wondering about the experience requirement. My longest employment was a little over 11 months full time. I have a bachelors if it helps. Am I going to be disqualified or should I remain hopeful? Thanks!

3 hours ago, wwgrim said:

Hi guys,

I took this exam this past May and I was wondering about the experience requirement. My longest employment was a little over 11 months full time. I have a bachelors if it helps. Am I going to be disqualified or should I remain hopeful? Thanks!

I believe so.. they are strict when they say 1yr experience