ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Just got my medical email. I have to go in June 5th. I'm being considered for the June 10th class. 

I'm number 90x.

Holy shit it's really happening... 

That does it! I’m def in for at least July. Sorry @Conductor2015 for doubting you but I’m starting to believe now!

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

In the low 1100s.

I hope your right and I don’t want to bring negativity but I doubt you’ll be in the July class. I’m sure they’re at least half way full or almost full already for the June class. That still leaves almost 200 candidates before you. I’m list 109x and thinking August realistically for myself.

1 minute ago, Fredman0220 said:

I hope your right and I don’t want to bring negativity but I doubt you’ll be in the July class. I’m sure they’re at least half way full or almost full already for the June class. That still leaves almost 200 candidates before you. I’m list 109x and thinking August realistically for myself.

You do realize they dont call numbers in exact back to back.  Someone with 86x will be in June class with acrabal who clearly said their list number is 90x . I've been telling y'all that the numbers jump . Listen the June 10 class will be closed when the first person on here tells me their. Medical letter says considered for July.  

8 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

You do realize they dont call numbers in exact back to back.  Someone with 86x will be in June class with acrabal who clearly said their list number is 90x . I've been telling y'all that the numbers jump . Listen the June 10 class will be closed when the first person on here tells me their. Medical letter says considered for July.  

The numbers are jumping because of all of the deferrals and medical holds before. All indications were that the highest appointed number before this new rush was in the 860s already. If this June class will have 60 people, then it's reasonable to guess that of those 60 maybe 30 were below 860 because they either deferred, just won appeals, or were on medical hold. From 860s and on maybe there have been more deferrals, medical holds, or disqualifications which is why they have reached me. 

I'm sure there will be more people skipped for the above reasons and they may get to the 1100s for July or August, nothing is impossible. Just keep in mind that it's not always going to jump around like that. You will all be called tho, that much at least is certain. 

1 hour ago, Fredman0220 said:

Within less than two full weeks meds jumped from 730s to 900s. The last time they didn’t have a pressing need but they seem to now. If they keep this up, they’ll probably hit the 1000 by end of next week or week after. That would probably be enough time for July.

Hey guys. My list number is 116x, just got a letter for PE on june 5th. My BMI is over 25 but my neck girth is less than 17in (about 16.5in). I am working out but i doubt i can get to the 25 BMI by July/August. I have no medical issues except for being overweight. Will they put me on med hold for just that? Is there any1 or you know some1 with over 25 BMI that got in without any med holds? Thanks guys and good luck. Can't wait to start, Heres hoping to get into the july or august class.

1 hour ago, adam223 said:

Hey guys. My list number is 116x, just got a letter for PE on june 5th. My BMI is over 25 but my neck girth is less than 17in (about 16.5in). I am working out but i doubt i can get to the 25 BMI by July/August. I have no medical issues except for being overweight. Will they put me on med hold for just that? Is there any1 or you know some1 with over 25 BMI that got in without any med holds? Thanks guys and good luck. Can't wait to start, Heres hoping to get into the july or august class.

I think they check for either or my BMI wasnt 25 either but my neck was 16.5 and the doctor cleared me yesterday, and was sworn in yesterday for conductor. You should be fine they just want to make sure you aren't prone for sleep apnea because of the train accident with the metro north train years back.

26 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I think they check for either or my BMI wasnt 25 either but my neck was 16.5 and the doctor cleared me yesterday, and was sworn in yesterday for conductor. You should be fine they just want to make sure you aren't prone for sleep apnea because of the train accident with the metro north train years back.

Were you put on medical hold? What is your weight? Not sure if I should go see my doctor now to clear me of sleep apnea, but I don't want to be placed on hold and be delayed.

1 hour ago, adam223 said:

Were you put on medical hold? What is your weight? Not sure if I should go see my doctor now to clear me of sleep apnea, but I don't want to be placed on hold and be delayed.

Nope I was never placed on medical hold I went in for final processing/medical for the conductor position yesterday and was found qualified. And I think the BMI is 35 and over not 25 come to think of it now.

23 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I also recieved my 2nd PE yesterday list number 131X and they want me to come in June 10th but I was already sworn in yesterday for the conductor position what do you guys think I should do???

All the exams I have taken for MTA I pray to God I reach that part of the process. I feel like you are being annoying and playing in front of people's salad with this question.Sir please........... 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

I also recieved my 2nd PE yesterday list number 131X and they want me to come in June 10th but I was already sworn in yesterday for the conductor position what do you guys think I should do???

You are only going in for pe bro. Some of us have been to 3 pe before getting called for a medical. 

Also, when I was there for my 3rd pe, the lady that briefed us (TOs and Conductors both) gave some good advice for people who are on both lists. She said if u get called for conductor first, u should stay there until u pass probation and then give TO a shot. Reason is if u fail TO training, u can still go back to conductor if u passed probation. If u have not passed probation, u can end up losing both jobs because your conductor position won't be guaranteed. 

So go ahead and start conductor man. 

Edited by acabral136

54 minutes ago, misslo said:

All the exams I have taken for MTA I pray to God I reach that part of the process. I feel like you are being annoying and playing in front of people's salad with this question.Sir please........... 🤣🤣🤣

Um I wasnt trying to be annoying. I'm simply asking for advice on which to take since t/o pay more. So stop assuming thanks :)

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

If your work ethic it’s where it should be and you can commit to dedicating to being an operator and do what you have to do and go in with a positive mindset ; you should do operator the pay it’s not just a few cents or a dollar more is wat more 

take what’s best for you and the family !!

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

My advice is go to pe for train operator too . Listen the truth of the matter is I'm a conductor but I'm in it for the money. You are going to start training for conductor pretty much next week so you get to feel the job and 6 weeks later you'll be on the road on your own . Now this is why I tell you to do train OP too . Conductors start I think is at 22 an hour.  And it takes 5 years to get to top pay.  So you see me I want the money and train OP starts at 34 and you reach top pay, 36 after the road days.  You need to think about what do you want,  we all need the money and we are in it for the money.  I love being a conductor and I work alot of overtime and easy ass overtime too.  Now , you will get to see that and hopefully they won't call you any real time soon for train op so you can see what it's like to be in the back.  People say that if you stay a conductor and pass probation you have something to fall on . Honestly I dont care about that . Why , we are all coming in to learn the job and if you choose to just take train OP then guess what , you apply yourself very well , learn , study your material , read the rule book. and you do your job to the best of your ability . Not all of us have that job to fall back to but guess what . If the train operators now that do the job , if they can do it then guess what  you can do it too. Play with conductor and get a feel for the job , but If train operator calls you TAKE IT. if they call you for August or after August you'll have knowledge on the job and you can use that as the final decision . Do not ignore train op and do not defer . Listen to me , please go to pre employment.  Make the last choice after you been a conductor for a few weeks . Guess what conductor might not be for you and the beauty about it is you can see the job for yourself in the process. 

51 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

My advice is go to pe for train operator too . Listen the truth of the matter is I'm a conductor but I'm in it for the money. You are going to start training for conductor pretty much next week so you get to feel the job and 6 weeks later you'll be on the road on your own . Now this is why I tell you to do train OP too . Conductors start I think is at 22 an hour.  And it takes 5 years to get to top pay.  So you see me I want the money and train OP starts at 34 and you reach top pay, 36 after the road days.  You need to think about what do you want,  we all need the money and we are in it for the money.  I love being a conductor and I work alot of overtime and easy ass overtime too.  Now , you will get to see that and hopefully they won't call you any real time soon for train op so you can see what it's like to be in the back.  People say that if you stay a conductor and pass probation you have something to fall on . Honestly I dont care about that . Why , we are all coming in to learn the job and if you choose to just take train OP then guess what , you apply yourself very well , learn , study your material , read the rule book. and you do your job to the best of your ability . Not all of us have that job to fall back to but guess what . If the train operators now that do the job , if they can do it then guess what  you can do it too. Play with conductor and get a feel for the job , but If train operator calls you TAKE IT. if they call you for August or after August you'll have knowledge on the job and you can use that as the final decision . Do not ignore train op and do not defer . Listen to me , please go to pre employment.  Make the last choice after you been a conductor for a few weeks . Guess what conductor might not be for you and the beauty about it is you can see the job for yourself in the process. 

I would go to my PE on June 10th but the problem is I start conductor June 10th and have to be at my location at 8am that day and then Tuesday at Coney island at 7am.