ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

29 minutes ago, Conductor2015 said:

Then a general statement should suffice.  They dont need to come here and single me out . Who do they think they are . F that. Stay off my sh** 

Lol, we're trying to protect you if anything. I know guys that went down to labor relations and they had screenshots of these forums. Also the guy that quoted you originally is now a TSS so he knows what time it is.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about the P/E package. If you don’t have names or numbers for supervisors from twenty years ago is that unacceptable? Some companies have gone out of business. Some jobs in college I don’t remember well. I got the SS printout but it only gives the names of companies. Anyone else have this issue?

1 hour ago, Harlem said:

Question about the P/E package. If you don’t have names or numbers for supervisors from twenty years ago is that unacceptable? Some companies have gone out of business. Some jobs in college I don’t remember well. I got the SS printout but it only gives the names of companies. Anyone else have this issue?

As I understand it, they don’t care much for supervisor names or numbers. Just make sure the dates add up properly.

3 hours ago, Sr18 said:

You shared enough info that I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out who you are. If someone let you move a train you should keep that to yourself. You're just going to get yourself and possibly the t/o in trouble.

Transit employees using discretion and being careful about what they post online is not about paranoia, it's about protecting your job. I personally know one person who was demoted because of information he posted online and another guy who was investigated and nearly fired because of information someone posted about him online.

To you and others on this forum, please think about what you're putting out there before you post it. 

Don’t worry, he won’t last long anyways lol

Been here all day for medical. I had my commute all planned out to arrive before 7am and then my dumbass realized I left all of my documents at home. Had to drive back to the bronx to get them lol. I got here at 7 30am but the line was already long as hell. As of right now I still haven't seen the doc and am still running through tests. Vision is next. I'm so bored I'm making this post with no real info so sorry guys lol. 

15 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Been here all day for medical. I had my commute all planned out to arrive before 7am and then my dumbass realized I left all of my documents at home. Had to drive back to the bronx to get them lol. I got here at 7 30am but the line was already long as hell. As of right now I still haven't seen the doc and am still running through tests. Vision is next. I'm so bored I'm making this post with no real info so sorry guys lol. 

Yeah waiting for the doctors to see you for each test is boring and slowwwwwww.

33 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah waiting for the doctors to see you for each test is boring and slowwwwwww.

Yea and the way they seem to do things so randomly is frustrating. There's no real order so some of us already got vision done and are waiting for ekg and some have already done ekg and waiting for hearing and vision. I'm still waiting for vision. 

Edited by acabral136

18 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea and the way they seem to do things so randomly is frustrating. There's no real order so some of us already got vision done and are waiting for ekg and some have already done ekg and waiting for hearing and vision. I'm still waiting for vision and spirometry. 

Yeah no there isnt I did ekg first and then waiting like half an hour and wait for the diabetes check but then they sent me to do hearing instead, waiting another hour to do the urine diabetes check, and then the vision and weight last... took like 3 hours I was like really

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Yeah no there isnt I did ekg first and then waiting like half an hour and wait for the diabetes check but then they sent me to do hearing instead, waiting another hour to do the urine diabetes check, and then the vision and weight last... took like 3 hours I was like really

Oh so that’s everything they do for medical? I was wondering what exactly they do, I’ll make sure to bring both pairs of reading glasses. Do they make you run on like a treadmill or something for the ekg test? And do you have to like strip down to boxers? 

21 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

Oh so that’s everything they do for medical? I was wondering what exactly they do, I’ll make sure to bring both pairs of reading glasses. Do they make you run on like a treadmill or something for the ekg test? And do you have to like strip down to boxers? 

No they dont make you run on a treadmill, and no you dont have to strip down to boxers. The only time you "strip" is when you take your shirt off for the ekg. The doctor also checks your neck size with a measuring tape I believe the cut off for men was 17 and your BMI cant be 35 or over.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

No they dont make you run on a treadmill, and no you dont have to strip down to boxers. The only time you "strip" is when you take your shirt off for the ekg. The doctor also checks your neck size with a measuring tape I believe the cut off for men was 17 and your BMI cant be 35 or over.

Ok appreciate the help I’m about to go measure my neck now lol

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

Any news @acabral136? I really feel they're going to hit the 1000s by the end of next week at latest, if they immediately begin calling for July class today or this week. 

Nothing new. Definitely a July class and I think there's a good chance you will see 1000s there. 

I got placed on medical hold as expected. Sleep aepna and I have to get a report from the surgeon that did my back surgery 8 years ago. I have time but I have to hunt that guy down. 

So if anybody here had surgery before, start working on getting that paperwork now because u will have to get it. That's something I don't think anybody has mentioned before, otherwise I would have gotten it already. 

1 minute ago, acabral136 said:

Nothing new. Definitely a July class and I think there's a good chance you will see 1000s there. 

I got placed on medical hold as expected. Sleep aepna and I have to get a report from the surgeon that did my back surgery 8 years ago. I have time but I have to hunt that guy down. 

So if anybody here had surgery before, start working on getting that paperwork now because u will have to get it. That's something I don't think anybody has mentioned before, otherwise I would have gotten it already. 

Damn. Get it done asap! But I thought you were deferring anyway because of a school event with your daughter on the 18th? And other stuff?

22 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Damn. Get it done asap! But I thought you were deferring anyway because of a school event with your daughter on the 18th? And other stuff?

Yea i was deferring anyway.. I'm not mad at all I'm just saying I wish I knew about the surgeon letter because that's gonna have to be tough to find

37 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Is it any surgery, operations in childhood, or only recent surgeries?

Actually, unless its causing you legitimate pain or they find out something during examination, perhaps you shouldn't have told them about the surgery. People who do the process always warn about being honest with their questions.

When I went in for Bus operator medical last year, I made a great mistake of admitting yes to one of their questions. They grilled me super hard and I almost didn't pass medical. 

9 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

For Train Operator because you're starting conductor? You passed that medical as I recall.

Yeah I called Ms.Vargas asking her for advice and she was like to defer because I'm already starting conductor. She said the list doesn't expire until 2022 so if I find out conductor isn't for me then I can always put my name back on the list by going to DCAS in person, she also mentioned that if I go for T/O before my probation for conductor is over and I don't pass everything for T/O then I'll have nothing to fall back on and I'll have to wait for the next exam and wait all over again. So I'm going to fill out the paper I got in the mail and send it back to them tomorrow my 2nd PE is June 10th so hopefully they get it before then. And I start orientation for conductor the 10th so unfortunately I can't make it. I wish T/O called me first tbh...

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Actually, unless its causing you legitimate pain or they find out something during examination, perhaps you shouldn't have told them about the surgery. People who do the process always warn about being honest with their questions.

When I went in for Bus operator medical last year, I made a great mistake of admitting yes to one of their questions. They grilled me super hard and I almost didn't pass medical. 

I just didn't want to lie and have something bite me in the ass later. The back isn't an issue anymore and once I actually find the surgeon getting the letter shouldn't be a problem. I'm just not sure I remember his name so I have to figure out how to go about finding him if he's even practicing anymore. 

14 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I just didn't want to lie and have something bite me in the ass later. The back isn't an issue anymore and once I actually find the surgeon getting the letter shouldn't be a problem. I'm just not sure I remember his name so I have to figure out how to go about finding him if he's even practicing anymore. 

Me personally, I would have kept it secret if it wasn't bothering me anymore. But I see what you're saying.