ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

18 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I just didn't want to lie and have something bite me in the ass later. The back isn't an issue anymore and once I actually find the surgeon getting the letter shouldn't be a problem. I'm just not sure I remember his name so I have to figure out how to go about finding him if he's even practicing anymore. 

Won’t they allow you to be cleared to work if another surgeon examines you and gives you the ok? Is it because the surgery was recent?

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I called Ms.Vargas asking her for advice and she was like to defer because I'm already starting conductor. She said the list doesn't expire until 2022 so if I find out conductor isn't for me then I can always put my name back on the list by going to DCAS in person, she also mentioned that if I go for T/O before my probation for conductor is over and I don't pass everything for T/O then I'll have nothing to fall back on and I'll have to wait for the next exam and wait all over again. So I'm going to fill out the paper I got in the mail and send it back to them tomorrow my 2nd PE is June 10th so hopefully they get it before then. And I start orientation for conductor the 10th so unfortunately I can't make it. I wish T/O called me first tbh...

Good choice. I wish i had taken the conductor exam when it came out but i was living out of state at the time. At least your in and you have an option to upgrade yourself at a later time thats a plus. Congrats hope all goes well

27 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I just didn't want to lie and have something bite me in the ass later. The back isn't an issue anymore and once I actually find the surgeon getting the letter shouldn't be a problem. I'm just not sure I remember his name so I have to figure out how to go about finding him if he's even practicing anymore. 

Hope all is going to work in your favor. Did they give you a deadline when you have to have the requirments fulfilled

I conducted the the 2nd PE this morning. Everything went well, I heard Mercado state July and August classes. He gave an overview of the position we’re applying for and what life will be for us in the first years as a T/O. I didn’t have to fill out the paperwork in the brown envelope (homework) but I had to fill out the employment history again, luckily I had made copies of the history the first time I went for P/E, it made things easier for me. I also took extras with me in case of a 3rd PE. The crowed today was pretty chill, everyone was cooperative and staff was helpful, the security lady was funny and supportive.Today went by fast. I’m sure I’ll be back for a 3rd PE along with a others before medical. Maybe the early 1100’s will be picked up by autumn 🍂, just in time for the World Series. Take care guys. Let’s continue to stay focus on the end goal. Stay healthy and in shape. 

4 minutes ago, Productions27 said:

I conducted the the 2nd PE this morning. Everything went well, I heard Mercado state July and August classes. He gave an overview of the position we’re applying for and what life will be for us in the first years as a T/O. I didn’t have to fill out the paperwork in the brown envelope (homework) but I had to fill out the employment history again, luckily I had made copies of the history the first time I went for P/E, it made things easier for me. I also took extras with me in case of a 3rd PE. The crowed today was pretty chill, everyone was cooperative and staff was helpful, the security lady was funny and supportive.Today went by fast. I’m sure I’ll be back for a 3rd PE along with a others before medical. Maybe the early 1100’s will be picked up by autumn 🍂, just in time for the World Series. Take care guys. Let’s continue to stay focus on the end goal. Stay healthy and in shape. 

Considering they're in the 900+ for June with classes for the next two months, there's no way people in the early 1100s will have to wait til Fall, unless a major stopping of classes happens out of nowhere. 

54 minutes ago, Nexdup said:

Good choice. I wish i had taken the conductor exam when it came out but i was living out of state at the time. At least your in and you have an option to upgrade yourself at a later time thats a plus. Congrats hope all goes well

Thanks I appreciate it I wish I didnt have to defer but what she said made a tons of sense.

1 hour ago, Nexdup said:

Hope all is going to work in your favor. Did they give you a deadline when you have to have the requirments fulfilled

Oh yea i should be fine. I don't have apnea or if I do it isn't bad enough to wake me up because 6 hours sleep and I'm good for the day. 

I actually already started my sleep study memorial day weekend and took a take home head gear to measure my sleep. My follow up appointment for that is on Tuesday the 11th so I might have that letter right away. 

As for the surgeon, I just need a letter stating what exactly the surgery was for and whether or not it still affects me. I had sciatica before surgery and haven't felt it since so I would say it was a success. It's just about getting the documents to place on file. 

11 hours ago, Harlem said:

Won’t they allow you to be cleared to work if another surgeon examines you and gives you the ok? Is it because the surgery was recent?

There's a question in the survey about any surgeries. I think it might be within 10 years cause I also had a surgery when I was like 4 for I don't even know what. Mom doesn't remember since she had just arrived in nyc and didn't speak English but it was either deviated septum or adenoids, something of that nature. I told the doctor and she didn't even request that, just the back surgery that happened 8 years ago today actually. I guess also because a bad back might affect my ability to work as well. 

Just received an email for my medical on Monday, June 10th. My list number is 92x. Being considered for the July 22nd class. I imagine I’m one of the first few for this class, just means the June 10th class is officially filled up.

Edited by Fortham5

Guys a bit of advice and something I want to clear up. 

I was told by someone on this board once that when I get put on medical hold, I will need to have my doctors fill out mta documentation to be taken off hold. 

That's BS. All they gave me is a letter from the mta doc requesting certain letters from my docs. So that means if u know u have a certain condition that can put u on hold, JUMP ON IT RIGHT NOW! 

Don't wait for the day of medical. You can even have those documents with you that day and never be put on medical at all if they satisfy the doctor. When I mentioned to the mta doc yesterday that I already started my sleep study, she said "oh great do u have the report with you already?" which means to me that it would have been acceptable right then. 

So if u have diabetes, sleep apnea, recent surgical procedure, etc, get those documents before u even show up. I'm sure there might still be certain things u still need, but if your doctor is already aware, he/she may be able to help u out the same day and fax something over. 

Be proactive not reactive!

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

I was told by someone on this board once that when I get put on medical hold, I will need to have my doctors fill out mta documentation to be taken off hold. 

That's BS. All they gave me is a letter from the mta doc requesting certain letters from my docs. So that means if u know u have a certain condition that can put u on hold, JUMP ON IT RIGHT NOW! 

Don't wait for the day of medical. You can even have those documents with you that day and never be put on medical at all if they satisfy the doctor. When I mentioned to the mta doc yesterday that I already started my sleep study, she said "oh great do u have the report with you already?" which means to me that it would have been acceptable right then. 

So if u have diabetes, sleep apnea, recent surgical procedure, etc, get those documents before u even show up. I'm sure there might still be certain things u still need, but if your doctor is already aware, he/she may be able to help u out the same day and fax something over. 

Hey. Where did you do your sleep study. I tried contacting my hospital but they don't do it. Also does the place you went to is covered by health insurance?

5 minutes ago, adam223 said:

Hey. Where did you do your sleep study. I tried contacting my hospital but they don't do it. Also does the place you went to is covered by health insurance?

There's a clinic on 14th street called 14th street medical. They do all types of stuff including sleep study and yes they take insurance. Idk if all of them but Google them and you can find their website 

15 minutes ago, adam223 said:

You can also try calling your insurance and ask them wheres the closest place to you for a sleep study

8 minutes ago, Harryb said:

Does any one know if we would have to get paper work on all arrests including cases that were dismissed? Or do we have to just write everything down on the paperwork?

It says only to write down things if you were convicted of the crime aka pled guilty. The only exceptions come when you're applying to become part of the nypd,fdny.

10 hours ago, acabral136 said:

There's a question in the survey about any surgeries. I think it might be within 10 years cause I also had a surgery when I was like 4 for I don't even know what. Mom doesn't remember since she had just arrived in nyc and didn't speak English but it was either deviated septum or adenoids, something of that nature. I told the doctor and she didn't even request that, just the back surgery that happened 8 years ago today actually. I guess also because a bad back might affect my ability to work as well. 

This is helpful. Thanks. Do you remember if the medical survey only asked you about procedures less than 10 years old? There is literally no paperwork for operations people had 20 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Harlem said:

This is helpful. Thanks. Do you remember if the medical survey only asked you about procedures less than 10 years old? There is literally no paperwork for operations people had 20 years ago.

The survey doesn't specify. It just says surgeries. My nasal surgery was when I was 3 or 4, so more than 30 years ago. She didn't seemed concerned about that. Then again it may just be because that one isn't going to affect my work like a back problem would. 

Does train operator consists of lots of heavy lifting or is it mainly just operating trains?  Cause requirements say required to lift I’m just trying to figure out what kinda lifting it is. I’m into fitness so it would be nice to get a pump in thru out the day. 

38 minutes ago, Mrhands0me said:

Does train operator consists of lots of heavy lifting or is it mainly just operating trains?  Cause requirements say required to lift I’m just trying to figure out what kinda lifting it is. I’m into fitness so it would be nice to get a pump in thru out the day. 

The only things you’ll be lifting is your 30 lb bag during school car, and yourself out of bed to goto work lol.

Apply handbrakes could take a toll on your back if you do it improperly, but other than that, not really.

28 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

The only things you’ll be lifting is your 30 lb bag during school car, and yourself out of bed to goto work lol.

Apply handbrakes could take a toll on your back if you do it improperly, but other than that, not really.

Lmao ok cool thanks jay

16 hours ago, acabral136 said:

History of Diabetes requires a form from MTA to be filled out by your Dr. and ALL lab results for 6 months (1 year worth is better).  This is what got me on hold back in January. My sleep apnea and CPAP usage did not require a form, just documentation.

1 minute ago, Poconodanno said:

History of Diabetes requires a form from MTA to be filled out by your Dr. and ALL lab results for 6 months (1 year worth is better).  This is what got me on hold back in January. My sleep apnea and CPAP usage did not require a form, just documentation.

Yea diabetes might be the exception and I'm sure stuff like epilepsy so I take it back. I still think it's a good idea to see your doc about that stuff sooner rather than later. Maybe if your doc is aware, you can fax him the form he needs to fill out and have it faxed back to u right there to Livingston the same day. I'm sure not every doc would do that but mine would. 

On 6/2/2019 at 1:45 PM, nipaaaa said:

there's a lot of racism down in fdny, i wouldn't go. If you're irish or italian, you'll be fine though.

There's a lot of racism at the MTA also.  

There is racism everywhere in our society.  

Treat everyone the way you want to be treated and you will be fine.  Life isn't always fair, but as individuals we can make it better.  

With that being said, anyone on the fence for FDNY or TA, it's your decision.  Different type of job, different type of calling.   

Don't go to FDNY because you get a better schedule, that's not the reason.  Don't become a T/O because it's not as dangerous or physical, that's also the wrong reason.