ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

6 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

Gotcha, thanks for the link. That is the one I check 3 or 4 times a week. But unfortunately it hasn’t changed in over 3 months. I am listed as active ofcourse on the other but I tried even typing just my name on the certified but no luck just yet. 😕 

Just hang in there.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

Thanks for the quick response acrabal, shucks I know it was a long shot but I figure I ask. Do you happen to know how accurate the dcas site is? As I check just about everyday and it lists as the last verified number at #1947 , so it’s not that far off from me. 

I spoke with dcas about that recently they say that transit puts in a request for people and they send over a list. They also say that transit typically holds the list for 30 days. So more than likely after these three classes are filed and transit gets aproved for another lets just say three classes then your name should turn up on that newly requested list at that time. For those of us on the present requested list transit can still call us to fill the current classes even though the present request expired on 06/06/19. Just hang in there and remain positive. 15xx here and its so close but yet so far away lol. 

45 minutes ago, Andres718 said:

Gotcha, thanks for the link. That is the one I check 3 or 4 times a week. But unfortunately it hasn’t changed in over 3 months. I am listed as active ofcourse on the other but I tried even typing just my name on the certified but no luck just yet. 😕 

your name will not have any changes until it gets close to your #, you'll see a cert date and a expiration date that usually expires in a month. from there you can gauge your number,, mine expired last Friday so I know ill have to wait.

Shit I'm getting worried. The 2nd part of my medical hold, the surgical report, is taking a little long to arrive and I'm seeing all these numbers higher than mine getting called in for medicals. I hope I get it soon and don't lose my spot! That would suck. 

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

You could always defer like I did and then put your name back on the list

Doubt I'm going to do that. I was just sucked in by the positive atmosphere I found at this position (which I'm really liking), and weirdly im feeling a bit down about suddenly leaving, but being a T/O is my second dream career. I was just kinda thinking about some of the things I've heard about Transit being such a negative environment--and my own personal experience going through B/O training last year, which bolstered that in my mind.

But this is a different position. A new chance--and the fact that schoolcar is willing to offer extra help if needed--something the sups at Zerega would never d0--has me feeling more confident in going to train op.

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Doubt I'm going to do that. I was just sucked in by the positive atmosphere I found at this position (which I'm really liking), and weirdly im feeling a bit down about suddenly leaving, but being a T/O is my second dream career. I was just kinda thinking about some of the things I've heard about Transit being such a negative environment--and my own personal experience going through B/O training last year, which bolstered that in my mind.

But this is a different position. A new chance--and the fact that schoolcar is willing to offer extra help if needed--something the sups at Zerega would never d0--has me feeling more confident in going to train op.

Yeah I'm in the school now not school car yet until next week and we're learning with the t/o's and it's a good environment the t/o's are talking with c/r's. The only thing they keep telling us is the mandatory 100% on practicals and signals and definitely 100% on the road test if you fail the road test its over.

6 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I'm in the school now not school car yet until next week and we're learning with the t/o's and it's a good environment the t/o's are talking with c/r's. The only thing they keep telling us is the mandatory 100% on practicals and signals and definitely 100% on the road test if you fail the road test its over.

signals is 100 but its not as nervewracking as it sounds, per whats been said by others here--you get a chance to save yourself even if you get something wrong on paper, but can explain the signal when asked.

Practicals I don believe are 100, but 80 if I recall what vargas said.. I think youre referring to the final road practical--and I recall being told you get second chances with the practicals. And I have a strong memory, so I believe I can do it.

Edited by MarkGuy
Actually, praciticals are pass/fail If im not mistaken. But the midterm and final are graded on a number scale.

5 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

signals is 100 but its not as nervewracking as it sounds, per whats been said by others here--you get a chance to save yourself even if you get something wrong on paper, but can explain the signal when asked.

Practicals I don believe are 100, but 80 if I recall what vargas said.. I think youre referring to the final road practical--and I recall being told you get second chances with the practicals. And I have a strong memory, so I believe I can do it.

Yeah of course you can do it sorry if it came out as me saying you couldn't. But I have strong faith in you and all my fellow co workers!!! We're a strong team!!!

8 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Final road practical that you do with a superintendent is no do-over. One big f**k up on that test and that’s it. 

1 hour ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Final road practical that you do with a superintendent is no do-over. One big f**k up on that test and that’s it. 

I stand corrected. By then, I should be confident enough and have enough time under me to not mess up severely. 

4 hours ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Yeah because if you're out by yourself and you mess up tons of customers will be really pissed off or really badly hurt.

35 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah because if you're out by yourself and you mess up tons of customers will be really pissed off or really badly hurt.

Well that goes without saying but I see you were nervous in the conductor thread about the tests and all.

Just study like help bro and maybe think of a song that gets you feeling confident when you hear it and play that in your lead and listen to it as well, on the day before and on a big test 

that helped me during my b/o training. Also, understand transit is going to tell you stories to try and scare you. DO NOT let that faze you! I believe it’s a weeding out process and I sadly learned that too late for the b/o position. 

But ive learned now. We got this. 

5 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Well that goes without saying but I see you were nervous in the conductor thread about the tests and all.

Just study like help bro and maybe think of a song that gets you feeling confident when you hear it and play that in your lead and listen to it as well, on the day before and on a big test 

that helped me during my b/o training. Also, understand transit is going to tell you stories to try and scare you. DO NOT let that faze you! I believe it’s a weeding out process and I sadly learned that too late for the b/o position. 

But ive learned now. We got this. 

We all got this remember team work makes the dreams work!