ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

To be honest no one can really say your chances but by looking at how many people have been called for medical (10xx so far) you may have a shot its only mid year hopefully there arent any breaks relating to the hiring process. continue to hang in there. I have no answer for the eligibility portion of your question. 

Edited by Nexdup

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Question for anyone who might have an answer. A year after I took the exam (2018), I got a letter saying I was not eligible for the job due to work experience. About two months ago, I got another letter saying I was put on the list and now eligible. My list number isn’t the best (31XX), but I wonder why they all of a sudden made me eligible, I didn’t appeal their decision so it kind of gave me hope that I might get called? Has this happened to anyone and be honest do I have a chance? Thanks. 

You may want to give 180 Livingston a call to ask about your eligibility.

List # 11xx been to 2 pre employments. patiently waiting on the next steps. This page has been very helpful. 

I was wondering if anyone in school car would be able to let me know if health benefits kick in while in school car? If so, would i be able to have my family on it as well? My wife is pregnant and i have a toddler so I am trying to plan ahead for them and myself. thanks in advanced.

16 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Yeah-it's really odd. Wonder if she made a mistake or was just rushing to get me off the phone.

Maybe she meant up to 990s today. 

Damn I can't believe they've already called 100 people passed me for July 22. I'm gonna end up getting f**ked here becsuse of this surgery report taking so long. If i lose my spot I'm gonna be pissed! 

11 hours ago, Daximilian said:

Hi LirrMedford

Which division are you ? Curious as to which would generally be better commute for someone taking the LIRR ?

I chose the B division. They tell you B mostly has report locations in queens/brooklyn while A is mostly Bronx/Manhattan. If you luck out enough times you can get a job out of the queens division. Jamaica Center on the E,J. 71st Continental on the R,M. 179th on the F. Jamaica Yard  or ENY yard.

12 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

I chose the B division. They tell you B mostly has report locations in queens/brooklyn while A is mostly Bronx/Manhattan. If you luck out enough times you can get a job out of the queens division. Jamaica Center on the E,J. 71st Continental on the R,M. 179th on the F. Jamaica Yard  or ENY yard.

This is great and interesting to know. I had plans on moving and staying in Queens, but it seems if I get into B, I'd be better off moving to Brooklyn and the Bronx if I get in the A.

19 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Maybe she meant up to 990s today. 

Damn I can't believe they've already called 100 people passed me for July 22. I'm gonna end up getting f**ked here becsuse of this surgery report taking so long. If i lose my spot I'm gonna be pissed! 

As in, the highest hired was 990s, you think? Also, you gotta put your foot on their necks to get that report in time. But in any case, you'd at least be a shoe in for August. 

34 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

As in, the highest hired was 990s, you think? Also, you gotta put your foot on their necks to get that report in time. But in any case, you'd at least be a shoe in for August. 

Yea i called but the actual printout comes from a 3rd party. All the hospital can do is send them the request. Either way they said it was scheduled to be mailed out early this week so hopefully it's here by Friday. 

49 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Yea i called but the actual printout comes from a 3rd party. All the hospital can do is send them the request. Either way they said it was scheduled to be mailed out early this week so hopefully it's here by Friday. 

I'm rooting for you man, I was put on medical hold myself and it bumped me back 3 months...it sucks

On 6/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, Operator Ace said:

do you have their number? I need to make a call as well 

Did you call , it looks like they moving forward after my number . Try to get a explanation Before it's too late. 347-643-8218

Edited by Conductor2015

7 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

wow your medcal was done that fast? Congratulations! So they're officially in the 1010-1020 range? 

O yea I went in today was done with medical at 10:30 am. My hearing was good from my last year annual so I skipped that part . Maybe higher than 1020 , since someone in that range has a medical tomorrow .

Hi all, just thought I would update everyone, I just received a call and email to report to PE Wed. June 26. they also said should be getting a letter too. This would be my second PE. list number 149x. Hoping for either the Aug class (highly doubt it) or sometime in the fall assuming they will have more classes scheduled. fingers crossed!