Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
ren

T/O #7604 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 5/22/2019

This list HAS been established as of 9/19/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "7604" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $34 to start, raises to $36 after 231st road day after schoolcar.

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (800s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR 6/10, 7/21 & 8/19

Message added by SevenEleven

Let's hope we're just overthinking this. ;)

In the end, if they're calling people around 15-1600 for their second PE, we should be fine for the year.

38 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Just got sworn in for July 22nd! 

NICE!!! So you don't need to schedule when you're on hold? You just go in and submit the documents and they'll process you on the spot?

11 minutes ago, adam223 said:

NICE!!! So you don't need to schedule when you're on hold? You just go in and submit the documents and they'll process you on the spot?

Yea they just told me to come in any day once I got my clearances in order. I wouldn't say processed on the spot tho. I was there from 9 to 3. Partly because I had to run to Manhattan to get a disposition. 

3 hours ago, adam223 said:

How big was May's class? Ive read earlier in the forum that May's class was small. If this is true, possibly August would be the last class of the year, because they almost made the 225 goal.

There was no May class....... The last class was April 29th before the June, July, and August classes were announced.....and yes I heard it was small, not sure the exact number, though.

I believe that vacancy number is per quarter or what the amount that was requested by the higher ups....the powers that be.....

4 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Just got sworn in for July 22nd! 

Congrats 💪🏾!!

Posted (edited)

15xx here hoping for medical for the aug class, though i may come close to getting in; i think my chances are slim. I hope for some miraculous reason they get into the 12-13xx range for the july class 

Edited by Nexdup

On 6/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, acabral136 said:

Received what I've been waiting for in the mail. Doctors appointment on Monday and I should be cleared Tuesday morning if the mta doctor finds everything satisfactory. Let's get it! 

List number?

6 hours ago, Embalm man said:

My list# is 163X. Any idea when they will be hitting me up for Second PE   Thanks

16xx here as well. 1500's got called for 2nd PE last week. I feel like we are right on the cusp....

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, kev2112 said:

16xx here as well. 1500's got called for 2nd PE last week. I feel like we are right on the cusp....

I’m a very low 16** and I got called to do 2nd PE for Friday 6/28

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, Daximilian said:

I’m a very low 16** and I got called to do 2nd PE for Friday 6/28

Congrats...im on the higher end....staying hopeful

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, dappercw said:

After 2 PE's  I got sworn in today, list #104*....see you guys July 22nd

Congrats! How soon after 2nd PE did you get sworn in?

30 minutes ago, dappercw said:

After 2 PE's  I got sworn in today, list #104*....see you guys July 22nd

Wait I hope they’ve passed the 1040s for meds bring they were at that on Monday morning. If not this process has greatly slowed down.

44 minutes ago, TraxNyC said:

Congrats! How soon after 2nd PE did you get sworn in?

2nd PE was May 22nd

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Wait I hope they’ve passed the 1040s for meds bring they were at that on Monday morning. If not this process has greatly slowed down.

Not sure what is going on...usually 180 is jammed packed but today it was much quieter than usual

2 minutes ago, dappercw said:

Not sure what is going on...usually 180 is jammed packed but today it was much quieter than usual

When I went yesterday there were only 2 other people that I saw getting medical clearances and everybody else was already an mta employee. I thought for sure there would be a pre-employment going on but nope. 

10 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Having a hard time deciding on boots.. Anybody  already in school car have any suggestions? 

I picked the rockports just make sure you get a wide if you have a wide foot or bunions or w.e on a side note i saw some people in my c/r class wear caterpillars. I got the rockports and they're comfortable but it goes on appearance I guess. And also make sure you get the right size nothing to small or you'll get blisters on the back of your heels or pain in your feet aka a horrible day.

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

I picked the rockports just make sure you get a wide if you have a wide foot or bunions or w.e on a side note i saw some people in my c/r class wear caterpillars. I got the rockports and they're comfortable but it goes on appearance I guess. And also make sure you get the right size nothing to small or you'll get blisters on the back of your heels or pain in your feet aka a horrible day.

I actually ended up going with the rockports too. I thought about the caterpillars too but many reviews on other websites said they were very insulated and my feet sweat like crazy as it is lol.