ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 2/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Just to clear things up the OPA isn't a provisional  job offer it's just an assessment. You must pass that to move onto the drug test and eventually medical exam. I took my OPA for 6601 back in October of last year and haven't heard anything since.

To the person who said the T/O list may be published this summer I'd take that rumor with a huge grain of salt. They haven't even published C/R exam 6601 yet and that was given a year prior to this T/O exam. 

Few friends of mine with mid 80’s (87-85) got their list numbers this week from #6601, good luck if you received it.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

http://abc7ny.com/traffic/union-faults-mta-for-inadequate-training-of-new-workers/3144433/

for those that saw the news article last night about T/O's, what are your thoughts on this affecting our list? change of training methods? more strict in terms of schoolcar failing?

This article won't change anything and is nothing new. The MTA has already made a statement stating the incidents with probationary TO's are low and unfounded. It's fake news, carry on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2018 at 6:57 AM, ErikNYC said:

This article won't change anything and is nothing new. The MTA has already made a statement stating the incidents with probationary TO's are low and unfounded. It's fake news, carry on...

Low and unfounded and you believe them?? 

Take it from someone with 16 years down here that is Not the case....

Ill say its about 50/50  and 50 percent is Not a low number...

48 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Low and unfounded and you believe them?? 

Take it from someone with 16 years down here that is Not the case....

Ill say its about 50/50  and 50 percent is Not a low number...

I don't believe anything between MTA and media outlets. Take it all as a grain of salt, and carry on. Train operators are doing a fine job down here.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:34 AM, ErikNYC said:

I don't believe anything between MTA and media outlets. Take it all as a grain of salt, and carry on. Train operators are doing a fine job down here.

Of coruse we are!

Thanks for your Support!😊

Edited by RTOMan

20 minutes ago, Jsunflyguy said:

I took the 7604 exam, when I called DCAS and punched in my social it said nothing was found. Is this because the exam isn't graded or should I be concerned?

The list has not been established which is why there is nothing found. Once the list is established that when we’ll all receive the little DCAS card in the mail with our grades for the exam.

Hello, I was wondering what the scheduling for school car training for train operators was? Is this something that is scheduled during regular intervals through out the year or is this a class that is created as the need arises for more train operators or as new operators are hired?

I took the test and I’m still waiting for exam scores/ list # just like everyone else...I just received a letter that says to come in for pre employment processing bcuz my name appears on a exam list TO BE established and they have immediate vacancies to fill BEFORE the list is established and they are considering for a TEMPORARY position as T/O...have they ever hired like this before? Hiring BEFORE the list even comes out?? So would this basically be a provisional position? I want to be a T/O but I already work for a different city agency (called off list) and I don’t want to lose my civil service status for a “temporary” position...I’m confused...

I received the same letter about a temporary T/O position. Can anyone offer insight on how temporary positions work? I have a good job now and am hesitant to leave it if there is a possibility that the temporary position will end before I am offered a permanent position. 

8 hours ago, Hopefull84 said:

I took the test and I’m still waiting for exam scores/ list # just like everyone else...I just received a letter that says to come in for pre employment processing bcuz my name appears on a exam list TO BE established and they have immediate vacancies to fill BEFORE the list is established and they are considering for a TEMPORARY position as T/O...have they ever hired like this before? Hiring BEFORE the list even comes out?? So would this basically be a provisional position? I want to be a T/O but I already work for a different city agency (called off list) and I don’t want to lose my civil service status for a “temporary” position...I’m confused...

1 hour ago, Sr18 said:

I received the same letter about a temporary T/O position. Can anyone offer insight on how temporary positions work? I have a good job now and am hesitant to leave it if there is a possibility that the temporary position will end before I am offered a permanent position. 

May I ask what you guys scored on the test? I am just curious to see if it was sent to a certain range of individuals who might’ve scored really well. I got 4 wrong out the 60, I’m guessing that’s a 93 and I didn’t receive a notice.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

4 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

May I ask what you guys scored on the test? I am just curious to see if it was sent to a certain range of individuals who might’ve scored really well. I got 4 wrong out the 60, I’m guessing that’s a 93 and I didn’t receive a notice.

I Got 1 wrong as per the take home answer key

2 hours ago, Hopefull84 said:

I Got 1 wrong as per the take home answer key

9 minutes ago, Sr18 said:

Same here

I had a feeling that was the case, It might be a good sign for the folks that scored really well; as well as everyone else.  Hopefully it means they’re about to establish the list sometimes soon, maybe a veteran on here can confirm it may start soon now that they’re doing provisionary selections.

IMO If you’re not currently working or do not have a career/life changing job I would definitely go for it. 

If you accept a temporary/provisional position, do you become permanent when the list is established? Does your time spent as temporary/provisional count towards your probationary period, etc? Are the benefits the same?

4 hours ago, njbk said:

What is the date/time they asked you to report? I scored 100 on the test but haven’t received a letter. 

I received my letter this past Saturday to report on 5/11 @ 7:30am.

A few people in the conductor thread who didn’t get letters but had higher list numbers went in anyway and we’re orocessed, thinking about doing the same thing but not sure what the differences are with this temporary thing.

37 minutes ago, njbk said:

A few people in the conductor thread who didn’t get letters but had higher list numbers went in anyway and we’re orocessed, thinking about doing the same thing but not sure what the differences are with this temporary thing.

I don't see the harm in it. However, the letter had a packet included that needed to be filled out. I'm not sure how this all works so it might make more sense to go sooner as they may be able to provide you with the paperwork so you would be all set if you were supposed to get the letter for this Friday.