ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, JoseL1992 said:

Take a look at this video just to get a glimpse 

We won’t be on no CBTC being new but i find this video to be helpful in giving a small glimpse from an internal point of view to people like me that came from the outside  

Thanks. How goes schoolcar? I know you began in  the June 10 class. Have you taken a train down the mainline yet?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Thanks. How goes schoolcar? I know you began in  the June 10 class. Have you taken a train down the mainline yet?

Yeah 4 times already, we operated on the 3rd week of schoolcar lol , but it’s going well. First practical creeping up is next Saturday. It’s a lot to learn but it gets easier as time goes on. “ Its  not brain surgery “ as one of the instructors would say lol

11 minutes ago, JoseL1992 said:

Yeah 4 times already, we operated on the 3rd week of schoolcar lol , but it’s going well. First practical creeping up is next Saturday. It’s a lot to learn but it gets easier as time goes on. “ Its  not brain surgery “ as one of the instructors would say lol

Who are your instructors?

28 minutes ago, adam223 said:

how do u get in touch with ms vargas. ive left 2 messages and no call-back

Patience and persistence. Keep in mind that you’re one of many people calling her for updates on medical emails and preemployment calls. She’s not gonna call everyone back.

16 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

Correct it’s 5 ... but once you begin schoolcar the 5th gets broken down in 2 parts therefore it’s 6 

“Be prepared to stop within 1/2 your range of vision” gets broken down into two parts? That’s news to me. 

1 hour ago, thirtydaes said:

“Be prepared to stop within 1/2 your range of vision” gets broken down into two parts? That’s news to me. 

Correction it’s the 4th in the book ... every tss is gonna be different we had our orders switched due to an unofficial acronym that was given to us to help us remember

14 hours ago, JoseL1992 said:

lemme guess, rendon

Tomorrow is the day. Looking forward to meeting my classmates this week. 

Anybody already in school car drive to Ps 248? Im leaning towards taking the train so I have time to study during the commute, but I'm wondering what driving down there is like, parking wise. Is it close to impossible? 

12 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Tomorrow is the day. Looking forward to meeting my classmates this week. 

Anybody already in school car drive to Ps 248? Im leaning towards taking the train so I have time to study during the commute, but I'm wondering what driving down there is like, parking wise. Is it close to impossible? 

Alternate side parking right in front of the school.

If that fails, you wouldn’t have issues finding a spot within a 2-3 block radius. Residential area to the west of the school, so you could find a spot there. I just suggest getting there early (0600-ish) to see if you can snag some of the spots in front of/behind the school, that’s what I did until I got my parking permit.

2 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Alternate side parking right in front of the school.

If that fails, you wouldn’t have issues finding a spot within a 2-3 block radius. Residential area to the west of the school, so you could find a spot there. I just suggest getting there early (0600-ish) to see if you can snag some of the spots in front of/behind the school, that’s what I did until I got my parking permit.

Nice thanks. Yea train sounds better for the study time but man I'm in the northern bronx so it would take me an hour and a half. I'll experiment and see wussup. 

Anyone know if they'll let me defer the day of my medical (tomorrow)? I can't seem to find my Social Security card and it looks like I may have to get a replacement.

On another note, do they check your documents if you're on medical hold? I'll probably be put on hold for my 18" neck anyway

Just now, Jericho said:

Anyone know if they'll let me defer the day of my medical (tomorrow)? I can't seem to find my Social Security card and it looks like I may have to get a replacement.

On another note, do they check your documents if you're on medical hold? I'll probably be put on hold for my 18" neck anyway

They didn't look at my stuff until I got medically cleared. Either way, go and do it all. If u don't have your social they'll just tell u to come back when u have it. If u need to replace it, the soc sec office is really close by. Only takes about 2 weeks til u get the new one. 

12 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

They didn't look at my stuff until I got medically cleared. Either way, go and do it all. If u don't have your social they'll just tell u to come back when u have it. If u need to replace it, the soc sec office is really close by. Only takes about 2 weeks til u get the new one. 

Good to know and thank  goodness, I found it again. That is one burden off of my shoulder.

Also I forgot to ask, does anyone know if you've already been fingerprinted by the NY Department of State whether the MTA still want to fingerprint again? Mine is already registered when I did my security license.

Edited by Jericho

13 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Good to know and thank  goodness, I found it again. That is one burden off of my shoulder.

Also I forgot to ask, does anyone know if you've already been fingerprinted by the NY Department of State whether the MTA still want to fingerprint again? Mine is already registered when I did my security license.

I can't speak for department of state licenses but I didn't get printed because I was already fp for my city job. Might be the same but hard to say. 

PSA for all my forum TOs.. 

Gray shirt with a collar and dark blue navy pants for day one. Also order your boots before you get here. 

Way too many people here who didn't get the memo. Most of us are in gray, but there are a good 5-6 people in t shirts/jeans/wrong color shirts/sneakers/dress shoes. A few didn't order their boots yet because they didn't know they were free. 

Read everything they give u when u get sworn in. 

Anyway, good morning so far. Learned a lot about working here. They really make u feel like getting the foot in the door is a huge accomplishment which we already know, but it's nice to have it reinforced. Feels great to finally be in. 

Came back from medical. Turns out, I would've been sworn in today if I hadn't done the sleep test. Now MTA wants the results which I'll hopefully have by the end of the week. I believe I read a couple posts here stating they have medical next week so I'm not too worried...

16 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Came back from medical. Turns out, I would've been sworn in today if I hadn't done the sleep test. Now MTA wants the results which I'll hopefully have by the end of the week. I believe I read a couple posts here stating they have medical next week so I'm not too worried...

Thanks for sharing Jericho. I think you mentioned having a thick neck. Are you saying that was not a deal breaker for them. Really appreciate the update. 

6 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Thanks for sharing Jericho. I think you mentioned having a thick neck. Are you saying that was not a deal breaker for them. Really appreciate the update. 

Yea, the doctor says they consider many factors put together to consider whether you're a risk for sleep apnea. It's not just the one thing like your neck size.

17 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yea, the doctor says they consider many factors put together to consider whether you're a risk for sleep apnea. It's not just the one thing like your neck size.

Yeah from what I remember they go based on your BMI, your neck size, and also the questionnaire you answer on the computer, and also the paper where you range how tired you get from a scale (number scale like between 0 and some other number I forgot. I haven't done the medical since May)

4 hours ago, acabral136 said:

PSA for all my forum TOs.. 

Gray shirt with a collar and dark blue navy pants for day one. Also order your boots before you get here. 

Way too many people here who didn't get the memo. Most of us are in gray, but there are a good 5-6 people in t shirts/jeans/wrong color shirts/sneakers/dress shoes. A few didn't order their boots yet because they didn't know they were free. 

Read everything they give u when u get sworn in. 

Anyway, good morning so far. Learned a lot about working here. They really make u feel like getting the foot in the door is a huge accomplishment which we already know, but it's nice to have it reinforced. Feels great to finally be in. 

What's this thing about no backpacks? Can you bring a backpack ur first day? How much stuff do they give you the first day to take home? Like books/paperwork? Thanks

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Is there a reason you were given a sleep test?