ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

I didn't tell anyone to disregard the instructions, I just said gray isn't the color on our uniforms.

"gray is not even anything remotely close to what operators wear lol. Get a short/long sleeve white buttoned shirt with vertical lines spaced closely together like 2 cm. This might be too niche to find so the easier alternative is a long sleeve dark navy blue shirt, $5 from modell's you can buy a russell athletic. If you can get this with a turtleneck, even better." lol am I bugging? The gray shirt is for when you first start until you get your uniform. 

29 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

maybe i'm bugging

Might be lmaooo. Telling someone to get a white shirt when we’re instructed to wear grey lol. Tryna set someone up for failure. Word of advice I’ve heard from transit vets, Make sure you dot your “I”s and cross your “T”s always, ESPECIALLY this first year. Just do as your instructed and that’s all. Nothing else, it’s not rocket science unless you make it. This goes for everyone not singling you out @nipaaaa

37 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Has there also been any mention of a September class?

I don't think there has been any formal mention of a September class. The director of training at P/E said that there would be more classes in the near future. Maybe that means a September class is a good possibility. 

1 hour ago, Harlem said:

I don't think there has been any formal mention of a September class. The director of training at P/E said that there would be more classes in the near future. Maybe that means a September class is a good possibility. 

Thanks

I’m in for Aug 19th, got sworn in today.

would've been a quick medical but the lady giving out the paperwork messed up a few peoples and gave us missing documents. Left around 1:30pm ish and got there at 7:10am.

no mention of a September class, they were hush on it.

Edited by MTAHopeful813

32 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

would've been a quick medical but the lady giving out the paperwork messed up a few peoples and gave us missing documents. Left around 1:30pm ish and got there at 7:10am.

Congrats!!!! We appreciate the update. Did you get a sense of how full the August class is?

54 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

What's your list number

25 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What's your list number

115x, our group was fairly small. When waiting for the final swear in the waiting area I counted about 15-17 people waiting with me. I couldn’t see how many was called before me or if everyone was for TO, there were a few BO there in that same group

Edited by MTAHopeful813

16 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

115x, our group was fairly small. When waiting for the final swear in the waiting area I counted about 15-17 people waiting with me. I couldn’t see how many was called before me or if everyone was for TO, there were a few BO there in that same group

Okay so they're no where near my number yet I'm 13xx so I guess I'll stick with conductor for a year and then put my name back on the T/O list

Just now, Schecter said:

Okay so they're no where near my number yet I'm 13xx so I guess I'll stick with conductor for a year and then put my name back on the T/O list

Sure why not. Sounds like you aced training from what I see in the conductor thread 

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah just have my final road practical tomorrow I'm extremely nervous LOL

You got this far, sir. You conquered your fears and slayed your challenges. Now just one more stands in the way between you and a career where you’ll be stable for life. 

You’re Super Mario; that practical is Bowser, and you just got a massive mushroom power up. Now go out there Tomorrow and save Princess Peach and win!

There's a few Conductors in my class now. Seems like they have an advantage since they have a lot of knowledge of the system as it is. So if u have to stay as a conductor as u wait to be called, consider it a blessing. You will gain a lot of knowledge that will help you out when u becoming a TO.

Us open competitive people are giving nothing but blank stares right now at all the terminology 😄 but the Conductors already have the lingo and some of the processes down.

Edited by acabral136

2 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

See you on 8/19.

51 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

You got this far, sir. You conquered your fears and slayed your challenges. Now just one more stands in the way between you and a career where you’ll be stable for life. 

You’re Super Mario; that practical is Bowser, and you just got a massive mushroom power up. Now go out there Tomorrow and save Princess Peach and win!

Lmao nice way to think of it I'll let you guys know when I pass it with flying colors tomorrow!!

46 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

There's a few Conductors in my class now. Seems like they have an advantage since they have a lot of knowledge of the system as it is. So if u have to stay as a conductor as u wait to be called, consider it a blessing. You will gain a lot of knowledge that will help you out when u becoming a TO.

Us open competitive people are giving nothing but blank stares right now at all the terminology 😄 but the Conductors already have the lingo and some of the processes down.

I was honestly thinking the same way but I'll hopefully be working with one of you guys/ladies soon just dont make me have to pull that EBV on you guys LMAO

Folks, today we were told stricter guidelines for our temporary uniform. Gray shirt, no polos. Has to be a gray button down. 

Navy pants, cannot be cargo pants. No pockets on the sides. So now I have to go and find another pair of pants before tomorrow's class. Too late to order on Amazon obviously. 

So just an FYI in u haven't bought your stuff yet. No cargo pants, no polo shirts. 

I think it's crazy since we getting uniforms anyway, but rules are rules. 

20 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I was honestly thinking the same way but I'll hopefully be working with one of you guys/ladies soon just dont make me have to pull that EBV on you guys LMAO

You about to be out on the road, don’t be too nervous if you end up with one of us rookies as your partner. Good luck!

Edited by Jay-Oh