ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

18 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Folks, today we were told stricter guidelines for our temporary uniform. Gray shirt, no polos. Has to be a gray button down. 

Navy pants, cannot be cargo pants. No pockets on the sides. So now I have to go and find another pair of pants before tomorrow's class. Too late to order on Amazon obviously. 

So just an FYI in u haven't bought your stuff yet. No cargo pants, no polo shirts. 

I think it's crazy since we getting uniforms anyway, but rules are rules. 

Thanks for this useful info.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

You about to be out on the road, don’t be too nervous if you end up with one of us rookies as your partner. Good luck!

Dont worry like the saying goes teamwork makes the dream work, we're work together as a team and get these passengers to their destinations safely!!

4 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

For those with professional careers. before moving to transit did you resign The second you got sworn in? Or did you wait until your start date at transit (orientation etc)? 

I worked right up to my induction date. Gave them a 3 week notice at my old job and took a leave of absence for a year just in case mta doesn't work out since I'm coming from another civil service title. 

115x sword in yesterday. I was told only 5 train ops were on todays schedule in the front. After seeing everyone twice before I can narrow down who they were. Everything was a breeze but it took about 7-8 hours to get done. Just happen to be on the team.

From what I know 116x are being called in for the August 19th class and some emails were sent out yesterday as well.  

7 hours ago, TransitStyle said:

115x sword in yesterday. I was told only 5 train ops were on todays schedule in the front. After seeing everyone twice before I can narrow down who they were. Everything was a breeze but it took about 7-8 hours to get done. Just happen to be on the team.

From what I know 116x are being called in for the August 19th class and some emails were sent out yesterday as well.  

Thanks for the update. Congrats on getting sworn in. It seems like they’re moving slowly. 118* here and I may have to wait till the next class.

WOOOT!!! I was sworn in yesterday for August too. List #116x. I saw the sheet of how many T/Os doing medical yesterday which was about 5 ppl. Did not see any1 doing PEs, it was just straight medical for every1. No mentioning of any future classes and i believe August class is, more or less, halfway full. I don't think there will be another class til next year.

4 hours ago, Harlem said:

Thanks for the update. Congrats on getting sworn in. It seems like they’re moving slowly. 118* here and I may have to wait till the next class.

You will definitely be called. I'm surprised that you did not get your medical email this week. 100% sure next week then. They usually email 20-30 per week.

15 minutes ago, adam223 said:

WOOOT!!! I was sworn in yesterday for August too. List #116x. I saw the sheet of how many T/Os doing medical yesterday which was about 5 ppl. Did not see any1 doing PEs, it was just straight medical for every1. No mentioning of any future classes and i believe August class is, more or less, halfway full. I don't think there will be another class til next year.

What gave you that impression of a lack of classes for the remainder of the year?

45 minutes ago, adam223 said:

🥺I’ve been mentally prepared to leave my job by September. So anxious to leave, list number 137x here. Looks like I might have to wait longer. Was looking forward to leaving my job already.

1 hour ago, adam223 said:

How did it go with the medical? You were concerned about the apnea and I guess it all worked out.. 

51 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

How did it go with the medical? You were concerned about the apnea and I guess it all worked out.. 

medical was good, didnt have any problems. i thought i would since my bmi is slightly over 35, but my neck size is 16.5, and the doc said im good.

2 hours ago, Nexdup said:

What gave you that impression of a lack of classes for the remainder of the year?

we wouldve known by now if there will be a sept class. and there wouldve been more PE. correct me if im wrong, but PE stopped in the 1300s, so im guessing they're done hiring T/Os for the year.

Edited by adam223

19 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Folks, today we were told stricter guidelines for our temporary uniform. Gray shirt, no polos. Has to be a gray button down. 

Navy pants, cannot be cargo pants. No pockets on the sides. So now I have to go and find another pair of pants before tomorrow's class. Too late to order on Amazon obviously. 

So just an FYI in u haven't bought your stuff yet. No cargo pants, no polo shirts. 

I think it's crazy since we getting uniforms anyway, but rules are rules. 

you sure about the button down shirts? i have a few friends that wore polo shirts and they said it was fine. maybe it depends on ur instructor.

5 minutes ago, adam223 said:

medical was good, didnt have any problems. i thought i would since my bmi is slightly over 35, but my neck size is 16.5, and the doc said im good.

we wouldve known by now if there will be a sept class. and there wouldve been more PE. correct me if im wrong, but PE stopped in the 1300s, so im guessing they're done hiring T/Os for the year.

As someone on medical hold, I hope you are wrong. lol I think couple people here mentioned they were called in for 2nd PE in their 15-1600's.

Oh that was your personal take on things, they say they call quaterly so they more than likely are going to call for the up and coming quarter after they determine how many people they need. Congratulations on getting in by the way

Edited by Nexdup

you sure about the button down shirts? i have a few friends that wore polo shirts and they said it was fine. maybe it depends on ur instructor.

Positive. A few dudes did wear polos here too, Monday until yesterday, and nobody said a thing. Then yesterday afternoon they hit us with no polos and no cargo pants. It wasn't a specific instructor either because we didn't meet ours until today, it was said to the whole induction class. 

6 hours ago, adam223 said:

Congrats on making it! I doubt they are gonna be done, a lot of ppl recently retired, moved up in title, so they’re not gonna just stop, they were already short staffed to begin with! 

32 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Congrats on making it! I doubt they are gonna be done, a lot of ppl recently retired, moved up in title, so they’re not gonna just stop, they were already short staffed to begin with! 

im not saying they stopped hiring, im just saying most likely they wont hire anymore this year. yes of course there is still a shortage, but also they are on a budget, they cant just fill the shortage all in one go. they could only hire soo many in a year.  im sure many of you will get called but it will take some time. mta is just a bit slow on hiring because they just dont have the resource to quickly replenish the shortage. some1 said b4 that there was a hiring freeze for all except bus/train operators, conductors and so on, this could be the case cuz they're trying to focus on filling up on the shortage. just be patience.

10 hours ago, Brytstar said:

🥺I’ve been mentally prepared to leave my job by September. So anxious to leave, list number 137x here. Looks like I might have to wait longer. Was looking forward to leaving my job already.

List number 159× 😔 trust me I'm on the same boat, regardless I get in here or not I'm not doing another year at this job.

9 hours ago, adam223 said:

I'm in the high 1500s and I did pe 6/28/19. I had the assumption they would pull out the medicals quick. That's why this is confusing to me 🤔

21 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

For those who purchased their work boots.

i choose the rockports from reviews and forum recommendations. What boot did you pick? What are your pros and cons with your selection.

Rockports are comfortable I got them also